No announcement yet.

New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's no fuel pressure sensor so the ecu wouldn't have that data so I don't think it's capable of proactively shutting down fuel based on that. To my understanding it only controls duty cycle and fuel timing based on all its usual sensors with a highlight for the O2
    Deck Lid and soft top Shocks on hand

Seat shocks on hand for immediate shipment
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Do you still have that ES/IS front airdam you removed from the car? I am looking to buy one.

Comment

^^ Thanks Jeff, that's a good clue.

Originally posted by etagolnik View Post
        Do you still have that ES/IS front airdam you removed from the car? I am looking to buy one.
        Nope, sold long ago.

Comment

haha well, thought id try.

Comment

Had our favorite muffler shop get up into the rear subframe and cut the leading corners off the IE pick-up tabs so they don't rattle against the floor! Finally! Installed rear shock reinforcement plates. Rebuilding the Vickers power steering pump, flushing system. Rebuilt drivers door lock so the power locks work and you keep your original key. Skid plate going on. May replace the fuel level sender, but that's an expensive piece. We may put the stock front strut drop hats back in instead of the E90's and gain a half inch in the front. On real roads, it's hitting the ground a lot. We're rolling the front fender lips to get a bit more clearance when turning.

Comment

Bottoming out the shockor the car onto the ground?

On the bilstein sports you can cut the bump stop, but Im on the fence that still is a bandaid, and Im not sure if a shorter strut is an option with the factory spring perch. Id go that route if possible.

Old soft damper will let that car bouce down making it bottom out also not controlling the spring.

I know the IE serrated adjuster have clearance issues on cars that have the raised subframe bushings. I had to hammer the chassis and notch the corner of the tap. Found this while bolting it up, but with rubber bushings and tight tolerance that maybe tough with the constant give in the rubber.

Enjoying the build / adventure!
              Zach
              sigpic
              1999 BMW 318Ti/M Hellrot Msport DD/Fun car
              1/2 1987 BMW 325is/M Future Spec e30 (track prep'd)
              1994 530It/A Alpinewise III Traded out
              1988 BMW 325ix/M Diamond Schwartz Recently sold :/
              1986 BMW 325e/m Bronzit Beige Metallic

Get Involved!
              www.bluegrassbimmers.org
              OKI BMW Facebook group

BMWCCA Member# 436428

ZAKSPEED
              Quality BMW service "street, track, race"?
              Email: Zach Ketring @ Zach@Zakspeed.us

Comment

Thanks! It has generic NAPA shocks on it now. Not entirely sure if it's the shock bottoming. He's hitting the wheel arch in the front, and sometimes the floor and tank on dirt roads (EEK). The front is pretty low with H&R sports and E90 drop hats (for a street car). The ET12 wheels have the sidewalls out close to the fender arch. Just received an Eastwood fender roller to try that.

It was my mistake to not check the floor clearance on those IE rear mounts while we lifted it up into place. Once it was back together I didn't have the heart to pull the subframe a third time! We asked a muffler shop that does many kinds of work. Two guys managed to get up in there with a sawzall and cut the front points off. $50. We like that shop. We should spray some undercoating or rust converter where it was hitting the floor?

Comment

Yah, got to slow down on rough surfaces, no rallying :p ...

I was a kid once...

Did you do a slight roll of the fender?

Rust converter / Rust etcher/ Rust encapsulater would work well.
                  sigpic
                  1999 BMW 318Ti/M Hellrot Msport DD/Fun car
                  1/2 1987 BMW 325is/M Future Spec e30 (track prep'd)
                  1994 530It/A Alpinewise III Traded out
                  1988 BMW 325ix/M Diamond Schwartz Recently sold :/
                  1986 BMW 325e/m Bronzit Beige Metallic

Get Involved!
                  www.bluegrassbimmers.org
                  OKI BMW Facebook group

BMWCCA Member# 436428

ZAKSPEED
                  Quality BMW service "street, track, race"?
                  Email: Zach Ketring @ Zach@Zakspeed.us

Comment

Working...
                  X