Back in the game. 1990 325is.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • getouth
    replied
    B-Rot

    Well said TK well said!:D

    There's just something about a red e30 . My first one was red, I sold it and bought a black one, and it just wasn't as good . So I sold that one and got myself another red one . Brilliant rot as well! Glad someone else understands.[/quote]

    Leave a comment:


  • plmichal
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Those exhaust tips look phenomenal. That's one of the best custom setups I've seen!

    There's just something about a red e30 . My first one was red, I sold it and bought a black one, and it just wasn't as good . So I sold that one and got myself another red one . Brilliant rot as well! Glad someone else understands.
    Yeah, they do a really good job. In and out the same day, always.

    Haha I'm glad you understand. I bought a cashmere beige E30 after the wreck and sold it because it wasn't the same.

    Originally posted by Polaris15
    You need a new blower resistor to make it work on all 4 settings, super easy to change out.

    Car looks awesome btw.
    Alright cool, I'll pick one up soon. And thanks!

    Originally posted by MR 325
    Tips look good! Nice job cleaning this car up.
    Much appreciated. It's going to get a lot more cleaning up!



    It's seriously a wonderful thing to be able to work at a BMW dealership. OEM parts are cheap (for the most part) and proper tools and technicians are always there. I remember the day's when I was working outside my old shop space with craftsmen tools and the car on jackstands. It was fun while it lasted...


    And an engine bay shot since I haven't posted one. I changed the valve cover for a non-cosmoline one. Intake mani needs the same love at one point.

    Leave a comment:


  • Court M3
    replied
    Nice save and agree with keeping it all OEM+ My next e30 will stay that way as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Tips look good! Nice job cleaning this car up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Polaris15
    replied
    You need a new blower resistor to make it work on all 4 settings, super easy to change out.

    Car looks awesome btw.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    Those exhaust tips look phenomenal. That's one of the best custom setups I've seen!

    There's just something about a red e30 . My first one was red, I sold it and bought a black one, and it just wasn't as good . So I sold that one and got myself another red one . Brilliant rot as well! Glad someone else understands.

    Leave a comment:


  • our guile
    replied
    I think the exhaust tips look great.

    dat roof shine...

    Leave a comment:


  • plmichal
    replied
    Originally posted by GOT8SPD
    nice purchase!

    What wheels were on the crashed car? fitment looks legit.

    Which magnaflow exhaust are you getting?
    They are Varrstoen V1's. Fitment was great. Lot's of fender work.

    UPDATE!!!

    Went to a local muffler shop and they did my catback exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler. It sounds perfect.



    The tips they added... I'm a little "meh" about. Maybe they'll grow on me. We shall see. What's your opinion?



    Then this past Sunday, I put the car in the garage and went to town on the paint. Brilliantrot is WAY brighter than Zinno and I freaking love it.



    The roof had the worst oxidation. Used Griot's fine hand polish and then their paint sealant and here's how it turned out...



    I need floor mats. And I need to find out why my speakers are cracking every 2 seconds when the radio is on. Other than that, I am more than content with the interior.
    One of the most pressing issues is the A/C... It only blows on 4 and it doesn't blow cold. Still has the R12 fittings and if I can, I want to keep it that way. I don't know what to do or where to go to find R12. I should probably replace o-rings and seals beforehand... I may just leave that whole system to a specialist.

    Leave a comment:


  • GOT8SPD
    replied
    nice purchase!

    What wheels were on the crashed car? fitment looks legit.

    Which magnaflow exhaust are you getting?

    Leave a comment:


  • agent
    replied
    Originally posted by Slicktop_serg
    GOOD SHIT BRO. Keep them Florida:p 30's alive

    Leave a comment:


  • plmichal
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383
    9 years in a garage ey? Thats a friggin score right there!
    Yeah, you should've seen the coolant in the thermostat housing. JELLOOOO.

    Originally posted by series88
    Glad you're back. Congrats! I remember readin on the crash thread and felt bad. That car did look good.
    Thanks, I'm only just hearing about the settlement from the case.

    Leave a comment:


  • plmichal
    replied
    Originally posted by IS300E30
    Its Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory....Sweet, he drives an E30.
    Haha that's my roommate, I'll let him know you said that. Unfortunately, he's not an E30 driver.

    Leave a comment:


  • IS300E30
    replied
    Originally posted by RUFFLZ
    this ain't no game.




    dat ass waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles
    Its Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory....Sweet, he drives an E30.

    Leave a comment:


  • series88
    replied
    Glad you're back. Congrats! I remember readin on the crash thread and felt bad. That car did look good.

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    9 years in a garage ey? Thats a friggin score right there!

    Leave a comment:

Working...