Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Holy reflective paint, batman.

Nice car Nick!

Leave a comment:

• dishwab
    replied
    Awesome car, looks super aggressive. Good to see one that's been owned and appreciated for such a long while

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    Great choice on COTM! I've been wanting to see more pics of this one. :D

Leave a comment:

• dothadance
    replied
    damn this things pretty

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo View Post
    So that's where your RS's went...
    ;) yup, they went home.

Last edited by F34R; 08-05-2013, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    wow 82 thousand miles that a long time

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    So that's where your RS's went...

Leave a comment:

• Jams
    replied
    gawd so black, i love it so clean!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• kingston
    replied
    Well. That's just perfect! Love everything about this car. Congrats on the COTM!!

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    started a topic COTM ~Aug 2013~ Nick325is

COTM ~Aug 2013~ Nick325is

Attn r3v members, I had a bad streak of 3 members passing up COTM after saying yes. I know it is a few days past, but it was worth it! I give you my great friend's minty swapped 2 door. I have had a lot of dealings with Nick in the past and he is nothing but the best dude to hang out with. Talked to him about a feature while attending Gfest '13 together. Here it is after a quick shoot today and my editing the raws for him. Enjoy

~Background~
    My e30 journey started in 2001 when I turned 16 and purchased a Schwarz 1990 325is with 104k miles. The first few saw no major changes to the car other than a set of Alpina Kopis and an H&R cupkit.
    In 2003 the car was nearly totaled when an old lady ran a red light and hit my front end. 5000 dollars in repairs later the car was back on the road, still not sure why insurance didn’t total it but I am glad they did not.

In 2006 I switched from the cupkit to ground control coilovers and koni shocks along with the Ireland Engineering big sway bar kit. I was very happy with the new setup but grew tired of the replica Alpinas. I picked up a set of 3pc staggered 17" Artec MI wheels from a member on VWvortex. They were on the car up until I traded them with Brandon (F34R) for his BBS RS 137s last year.

2007 saw the e30 hit 165000 miles. Shortly thereafter I blew the head gasket and warped the cylinder head a bit. I had all intentions of fixing the m20 and turboing it but decided to do the 24v swap instead. I picked up an m52 out of a 98 528 along with all of the obd1 conversion items and everything else for the swap. At this point I was garaging my car at my parent’s house which was 2 hours away from where I lived. I did not come home very often and sadly my car sat in the garage with no engine for at least a year before I finally completed the m52 swap.

Moving onto 2009 I am ready to fire up the m52 for the first time. I fill up the coolant and do a quick walk around the car and notice something dripping out of the headers. I found coolant running out due to the fact that the cylinder head was cracked. So much for that clean 74k motor that a member on here sold me.

I took the opportunity to buy an s52 cylinder head and cams to replace the cracked head. I purchased it from a Bimmerforums member who decided it would be a great idea to ship a complete cylinder head in a thin cardboard box with no padding. I received the cylinder head with valves sticking out of the box it was shipped in. So, after replacing valves and making sure the head was not bent or damaged I finally got the e30 on the road again!

In 2013 I got a full Schwarz respray done on the car along with the addition of Brandon’s BBS RS’s. As she sits now Cecilia has 186,000 miles and my swap is running perfectly. I have now owned her for 12 years and put 82,000 miles on her. I have no plans to ever sell her and hope one day that my kids can appreciate her as much as I do.

Mod List

~Drivetrain~
    -98 m52 converted to obd1 with s52 cams
    -3.5” 540 MAF with Bimmerworld silicone intake boot and AFE cone filter
    -Supersprint replica headers with Magnaflow high flow cat and 2.5inch piping to Vibrant muffler
    -Spal Pusher fan and AC delete
    -Power steering delete
    -Stewart Racing high performance water pump
    -The Racers Market custom chip
    -JB Racing 8.5lb flywheel and Clutchmasters stage one clutch
    -Z4 3.0 short shifter
    -320i brake booster and e34 m5 master cylinder
    -Stock getrag 260 trans with 3.73lsd

~Suspension~
    -Ground Control coilovers with 450/650 spring rates
    -Shortened Koni front struts with shortened strut housings courtesy of F34R and top adjustable rear koni sports
    -Ireland Engineering 25mm front sway bar with no rear sway bar
    -Condor offset control arm bushings
    -Powerflex high durometer subframe, trailing arm, and differential bushings
    -Stainless steel brake lines
    -Sparco front stress bar
    -Ground Control touring camber plates

~Exterior~
    -Fresh Schwarz respray
    -OEM IS sideskirts
    -Euro trim
    -Hella smoked smilies with ddm 5000k hids
    -Hella French fogs
    -MHW smoked turn signals
    -DIY tinted taillights
    -DIY shadowline trim
    -Reiger infinity front spoiler with custom splitter
    -16x8.5/16x8 BBS RS 137s powdercoated by Dave and built by Brandon with Adaptec adapters
    -205/45/16 Bf Goodrich G force sport tires
    -rolled and lightly flared fenders

~Interior~
    -Dyed black carpet and rear deck
    -Full Houndstooth black sport interior( I have the other seat it’s just not in the car currently)
    -330 zhp shift knob and e36 leather ebrake lever with crappy purchased on R3V shift boot and ebrake
    boot
    -Jaywood voltmeter
    -JVC arsenal head unit with Infinity 6 channel amp and Infinity Kappa components
    -12 inch Infinity Kappa subwoofer with GAS e30 deck lid ported sub box and amp panel

Some shots I took of his car @Gfest '13

The man himself lowering the car after MANY convincing words from myself haha. NJ roads suck
    Glad you rolled her down :)
    Last edited by F34R; 08-05-2013, 09:29 PM.
Working...
X