Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by digger View Post
    The mechanical part of the ITB install is actually fairly straight forward. The instructions are fairly comprehensive from what i recall.

    When you bolt the manifold to the head use a straight edge to align the the bores and keep the face planar as there is some wiggle room on the bolts, then again with the throttle bodies themselves this way the axis of each 3 shafts is as coaxial as possible in both axis
    Totally get what you're saying about using a straight edge. This is some minor wiggle room when attaching.

    Well, I have the throttle bodies on and visually adjust. Car doesn't run yet. But I'm definitely confused about the coolant lines. There were two that attach into the side of the stock throttle body. I think that's basically a loop so I should be able to connect these two lines together but still have some searching around to really be sure.

    Instagram: Reichart12

    Comment


      Loop the TB cooler lines or block off at T-Star housing and back of block
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

      new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

      Comment


        Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        Noice! A goal of 10 Motorsports events this year sounds fun. Any of them stand out or more excited about than the other?
        "Fun" is relative. At the peak of my driving career, it was 25-35 events annually. Most of the time, it was volunteering to clubs for free track/test time. I'm getting old and just pay for the track/dyno time when needed anymore. I spent more time volunteering than working on my own junk.......
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

        Comment


          Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

          "Fun" is relative. At the peak of my driving career, it was 25-35 events annually. Most of the time, it was volunteering to clubs for free track/test time. I'm getting old and just pay for the track/dyno time when needed anymore. I spent more time volunteering than working on my own junk.......
          I can't wait to get to a track day. Don't really trust my brakes all that much but hopefully soon I can refresh all of that. I've just been going to autocross but have already missed three events so far. Oops!

          Instagram: Reichart12

          Comment


            So I think my mechanic-skills have been struggling trying to connect everything back together with these ITBs. Wish the instructions just had a bit more info on what to do. Figured enough people have installed them but not really finding the details. Here are the four hoses I have leftover.



            The valve cover hose, no idea where the other ends go.

            Brake booster hose, I think I just need to reuse the elbow and get a new hose that connects to the T supplied by RHD. Other ends of the T go to one runner and the distribution block.

            The ICV needs different hoses I think and one end goes to distribution block and the other end to a plug fitting that needs to be install into the plenum or backing plate.

            Other item that is from the charcoal cannister needs to reconnect to canister and go to the distribution block.

            Mainly just need to find a couple fittings and hoses to connect everything. Feels off since the instructions originally said only needed to provide some 8mm hoses but now I'm searching for all of this.

            Here's my distribution block set up. Just going to be chilling in there, no clue how to mount it to anything. Also notice the wiring circle thing and two plugs that normally attach into a bracket. They will also just be hanging out until I can find a solution for mounting. Also need to get a real connection for the coolant hoses. All I had sitting around was this T haha. At least I know the size now.





            Hopefully the last thing to tackle will be rearranging all these cables. Somehow I think the engine harness should have been run behind the throttle body, like next to the runner but there is not a lot of room to orient these things in a cleaner fashion. They do not want to bend into the places I want them in.


            Instagram: Reichart12

            Comment


              Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
              So I think my mechanic-skills have been struggling trying to connect everything back together with these ITBs. Wish the instructions just had a bit more info on what to do. Figured enough people have installed them but not really finding the details. Here are the four hoses I have leftover.



              The valve cover hose, no idea where the other ends go.

              Brake booster hose, I think I just need to reuse the elbow and get a new hose that connects to the T supplied by RHD. Other ends of the T go to one runner and the distribution block.

              The ICV needs different hoses I think and one end goes to distribution block and the other end to a plug fitting that needs to be install into the plenum or backing plate.

              Other item that is from the charcoal cannister needs to reconnect to canister and go to the distribution block.

              Mainly just need to find a couple fittings and hoses to connect everything. Feels off since the instructions originally said only needed to provide some 8mm hoses but now I'm searching for all of this.

              Here's my distribution block set up. Just going to be chilling in there, no clue how to mount it to anything. Also notice the wiring circle thing and two plugs that normally attach into a bracket. They will also just be hanging out until I can find a solution for mounting. Also need to get a real connection for the coolant hoses. All I had sitting around was this T haha. At least I know the size now.





              Hopefully the last thing to tackle will be rearranging all these cables. Somehow I think the engine harness should have been run behind the throttle body, like next to the runner but there is not a lot of room to orient these things in a cleaner fashion. They do not want to bend into the places I want them in.

              I didnt get any hoses, fitting etc with the kit way back when i did it so have no idea how you are supposed to fit with supplied parts but i just got hoses from autoparts store and routed and connect everything and did not get too focused on neat any tidy initially.

              VC i vented to catch can and then atmosphere, i am working on routing back to airbox in a neat way.

              When i had that style of distribution block i had it sitting around not mounted in a bundle of hoses, i ended up tidying it up making a rail type distribution like the s54 but i suggest you decide on mounting and orienting it appropriately if you want something tidy for it as it will dictate the hoses and routings for the other stuff.

              ICV is just a hose attached to a fitting on the airbox to the ICV then to distribution block. I would mount ICV close to the block as its a vacuum line so prone to collapse.
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

              new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

              Comment


                Originally posted by digger View Post

                I didnt get any hoses, fitting etc with the kit way back when i did it so have no idea how you are supposed to fit with supplied parts but i just got hoses from autoparts store and routed and connect everything and did not get too focused on neat any tidy initially.

                VC i vented to catch can and then atmosphere, i am working on routing back to airbox in a neat way.

                When i had that style of distribution block i had it sitting around not mounted in a bundle of hoses, i ended up tidying it up making a rail type distribution like the s54 but i suggest you decide on mounting and orienting it appropriately if you want something tidy for it as it will dictate the hoses and routings for the other stuff.

                ICV is just a hose attached to a fitting on the airbox to the ICV then to distribution block. I would mount ICV close to the block as its a vacuum line so prone to collapse.
                Thanks Digger that helps. Will be a few days until I have the time to get working on this again but should be further along getting some hoses to start connecting everything. I don't have a catch can set up but maybe I can make a little makeshift at home version.

                Instagram: Reichart12

                Comment

                Working...
                X