A few E30 rain shots w/an E36 M3 to boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few E30 rain shots w/an E36 M3 to boot

So, devon and I found this parking garage earlier this week and figured it'd be a really sweet spot for a photoshoot and the best part is that it's like 10 minutes from our house.

So, I drove down there today solo to do some pictures and I got a few before a fucking rent-a-cop informed me it was 'private property' and that I had to leave immediately (this happened the first time devon and I were there). I was nice to him and told him I was in photo 3 taking pictures for my portfolio, etc but the jackass (he really was being an ass, I had to bite my tongue) wouldn't let me stay.

I only did two different poses since I was messing with exposure times since it's wasn't lit extremely well and here are the results. I am pretty pleased but I really wish I could have stayed and done a lot more shooting but thats life. Later I messed around with shop lights and my parents M3 right after it stopped raining (momentarily). I also screwed around with guages and long exposures.

Enjioy :)

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Whats with BMW's and being on inspection, what does it mean

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchman
      I really don't know, it probablly means "Go to your local BMW Dealership and spend ungodly amounts of money on a tune-up you probablly don't even need"? :D

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

its set up to come one after a certain mileage, they can be reset with a reset tool or you can connect two terminals of the big round plug under the hood bolted to the IM, its just a little reminder thing
        ...noob
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Nice pics. I like the reflection of the car in the water a lot. Exposures look great.

Out of curiousity, what lens did you use? There looks to be a lot of barrel distortion, unless the beams in the parking garage are actually bent.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Nice pics, clean E30!
            What kind of camera did you use?

Comment

I'm jealious, and not sober. YAY RAIN, no more 140 something days wihtout spin them tires.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                Nice pics. I like the reflection of the car in the water a lot. Exposures look great.
                Said exactly what I was going to say. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave

Out of curiousity, what lens did you use? There looks to be a lot of barrel distortion, unless the beams in the parking garage are actually bent.
                  I'm just using the stock lense thats on the D-Rebel and thanks for the compliments!

Antrieb,
                  It's a the 6MP Canon Digital Rebel, so I believe it's code name is the 300D. I borrow this camera from my Photo 3 class and I plan on buying an 8MP Rebel XT by the end of this semester :)

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                  I'm jealious, and not sober. YAY RAIN, no more 140 something days wihtout spin them tires.
                  Hahahaha :D

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchman
                    It means you need either an inspection 1 or 2 depending on the miles. From his mileage it looks like he needs an inspection 2 which consist of oil change, plugs, all visual inspection stuff BMW recommends, lube hinges, diff oil change, fuel filter change, and a couple other things like air and cabin filter changes. I do these services all day long at a independent BMW shop.

Comment

Thanks again for the compliments. I'm still pissed that the rent-a-cop there wouldn't even let me stay for another 5-10 minutes so I could some more shots and leave. NO ONE was there so it's not like I was getting in the way of traffic but he's got that rent-a-cop ego. Oh well, I'm sure there are more parking garages near me, but I'm sure none of them will be as close as that one. There were 2-levels that had no roof and backed up to the freeway so I could have gotten some pretty cool long-exposures at night, oh well.

Maybe I'll bring some scantily-clad dressed young lass with me next time I go to buy me a couple more minutes ;)

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Working...
                      X