FINALLY BACK! 87 eS w/ b35

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chachi
    replied
    its a 10/86, and the door jamb states 325es automatic, so yeah thatd be an 87 for sure.

    ill have some pictures of it hopefully from this upcoming weekend... opening day at watkins glen. hoping to cruise down with local badasses from The Little Speed Shop, along with 3 "paced" laps!

    also in news, mtech 1 kit is on its way from the UK ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • mbonanni
    replied
    Technically my first statement was correct. They were only produced in '86, but the ones produced late '86 were labeled as '87. Either way thing are cleared up now.

    Looking forward to more updates on this car.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Javier h
    replied
    Es

    Just google

    1987 325es for sale

    and you'll see plenty of examples from other forums.

    Leave a comment:


  • animal
    replied
    badass. m30 ftw

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    Not saying you're wrong, but any way to back this up? I couldn't find and info on it with a quick search. They could be produced late '86 but sold as an '87 perhaps?

    This car does have a few of the 'es options, but not all.

    Excited to see mt1 and wheels
    Any car produced late 86 IS an 87 model year. That's how it works. It's true though that the 325eS didn't actually list the S on the door VIN tag. I know the 87 325eS exists because I've been around here for a while. Oh, and I've owned one. I'm not trying to be a dick but I've been in to E30's since you were 8. The 86 325eS is much more common though. Remember that in 86 the 325eS WAS the top of the line model but in 87 the 325i/iS/iC cars were released so I'm guessing 325e/eS sales dropped quite a bit.

    Here's info that shows retail pricing for the E30 including the 87 325eS:
    SPECIFICATIONS SALES FIGURES PRICING COLORS 318i (1984-1985) ENGINE/TRANSMISSIONM10 1766cc SOHC chain-driven inline 4, 2 valves/cylinder, cast crankshaft101 hp @ 5800 RPM103 lb-ft torque @ 4500 RPM…


    Here's info showing weight specs for 86-87 325eS:
    SPECIFICATIONS SALES FIGURES PRICING COLORS 318i (1984-1985) ENGINE/TRANSMISSIONM10 1766cc SOHC chain-driven inline 4, 2 valves/cylinder, cast crankshaft101 hp @ 5800 RPM103 lb-ft torque @ 4500 RPM…

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • mbonanni
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    WRONG. They were 86 and 87.
    Not saying you're wrong, but any way to back this up? I couldn't find and info on it with a quick search. They could be produced late '86 but sold as an '87 perhaps?

    This car does have a few of the 'es options, but not all.

    Excited to see mt1 and wheels

    Leave a comment:


  • Chachi
    replied
    Originally posted by jimsill
    Mtech1 and style 68s. THIS I will need to see.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i always liked style 68s, and ds2s. fan of oem+ for sure. style 5's are awesome but getting a bit too common.

    wired up some euro smileys i got off AC NICO like 8 years ago! hid's too.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimsill
    replied
    Mtech1 and style 68s. THIS I will need to see.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Chachi
    replied
    thanks for the kind words boys.

    mtech 1 kit is on its way ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Luis325
    replied
    Nice car should be allot of fun to drive!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ether-D
    replied
    I love how sneaky it is. Just looks like a 30 year old little car (that can rip your face off if it wants to). I'm a fan of sleeperism.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by Chachi
    you'll see it at gfest if you let go of levent's hand
    So what you're saying is I won't see it? :giggle:

    Originally posted by mbonanni
    325es were only produced '86
    WRONG. They were 86 and 87.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Welcome back brother, car looks good. I plan to be at Gfest but unsure. If I'm there I'll keep my eyes open.

    Leave a comment:


  • AE_m20
    replied
    hell of a car to come back in

    Leave a comment:

Working...