Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyE30
    replied
    Ok, with that last picture I feel sorry for the little old lady who gave the car to her stupid daughter, haha.

Nice find!

Leave a comment:

• quikveedb2
    replied
    Wow. Nice score, looks really clean!

Leave a comment:

• rd400racer
    replied
    I actually did one better than Carfax. The daughter said she only took it to one shop, which is a small European import shop that I know. So I went to the shop and spoke to the owner about it. He had every record for the car from damn near day one and knew the old lady that owned it very well. He had the work that was done and the mileage when it was done.

By the way I figured you all would get a kick out of this picture. This is the spare tire, which I would bet money is the original tire that came with the car.

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
    How would carfaxing the mileage do you any good then? Broken ODO is broken ODO, unless they swapped a completely different one in or rolled it back carfax won't tell you anything other than if the mileage was the same at consecutive title transfers, which isn't a great indicator either if it was going from family to family.

And look at it - if it had 300k, who cares? It's in excellent condition and it was $2k. That's a good deal no matter how you cut it.
    Who cares? There is a huge difference in value if the car has original, low miles.

The carfax will show the milage every check in. If the mileage suddenly stops going up, that would be an obvious red flag the odo failed.

Leave a comment:

• ncsubowen
    replied
    Originally posted by 16v_e30 View Post
    +1
    How would carfaxing the mileage do you any good then? Broken ODO is broken ODO, unless they swapped a completely different one in or rolled it back carfax won't tell you anything other than if the mileage was the same at consecutive title transfers, which isn't a great indicator either if it was going from family to family.

And look at it - if it had 300k, who cares? It's in excellent condition and it was $2k. That's a good deal no matter how you cut it.

Leave a comment:

• 16v_e30
    replied
    Originally posted by kirieiw View Post
    i hope you carfax'd the millage because majority of these cars have broken odometers, and people fix them again years later when the car has well over 300k miles
    +1

Leave a comment:

• bmwandhonda
    replied
    lucky man

Leave a comment:

• SteadyAim.
    replied
    Great price!

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    I hope you carfax'd the millage because majority of these cars have broken odometers, and people fix them again years later when the car has well over 300k miles.

Looks nice and pretty damn good deal regardless.

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by rd400racer View Post
    I guess the only thing that surprises me is that I thought they were a little quicker. .
    Trust me. Replace the auto transmission with a manual and it will seem quick. These cars are so light, it doesnt take much to scoot :)

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Aside from the auto you sir scored.

Leave a comment:

• partner103
    replied

Great deal!!!! and Welcome. :D

Leave a comment:

• getouth
    replied
    Score!!!!

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    That is really nice!

Leave a comment:

• Tylerse30
    replied
    to good to be true. good find man thats awesome!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X