Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First E30! '90 325i Vert

Hi all,

I finally got my hands on one of the E30s I was looking for - a red convertible! - last week. Originally, I wanted one with plastic bumpers, but the chrome is growing on me. =) Next, I gotta find an alpine late model sedan! *fingers crossed*

In the mean time, I'll keep it mostly stock (though I would be opposed to ideas for a front lip that would look nice on this car), but I have a few questions if anyone can point me in the right direction. I've started ordering some simple things that need replacing like seat belt receptacles, badges, the handle for the vert release, trunk shocks...

Anyway, here she is as she sits now in the driveway. Unnamed for now... but about to take it for a cruise with the top down. First, what type of wheels are these, and what type of wheel caps would I need to replace them? One is missing, and the others are faded, so I might as well get 'em all.

The interior is mostly darn good condition except this... Can it just be stitched right back up? Anyone have any experience with it?

Lastly, the driver's side window does not seem to be seated properly; I am not sure if this is the actually door/window or the seam on the top. How can I fix this?

The timing belt and water pump were done when the PO had it; I'll be taking it into a shop when I get time to give it a thorough lookover to see what needs to be repaired/swapped.

Hopefully, I'll get time to do a full detail sometime soon, but I read that's a huge time commitment -- washing, claying, polishing, waxing -- an 8 hour job. If I do, I'll be sure to post pictures... though it is already pretty clean and shiny to begin with! I welcome suggestions if any members have good ideas for a simple, clean look for the car.
    Last edited by Chimi; 04-13-2014, 02:19 PM.
Working...
X