No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitting my exhaust manifold tonight... Lots of sadness in this picture. The 17mm on the lollipop broke and the body is in the way so I can't line it up. Is it worth "massaging" the body of the car? Or should I take this to a professional? This was hopefully supposed to be a learning experience.
    Last edited by jeenyus; 01-08-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I have never once seen those headers fit to the provided midpipe.

Also, with that bolt being broken it likely doesn't have much tension on it. You could probably just drill/EZ out. I had one of those bolts that I had to drill and retap after the extractor method failed- that's your worst case and still isn't too bad as long as you have a good set of drill bits.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
        I have never once seen those headers fit to the provided midpipe. Also, with that bolt being broken it likely doesn't have much tension on it. You could probably just drill/EZ out. I had one of those bolts that I had to drill and retap after the extractor method failed- that's your worst case and still isn't too bad as long as you have a good set of drill bits.
        I was thinking about welding a nut onto it and getting it out that way. You think that will be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
          I was thinking about welding a nut onto it and getting it out that way. You think that will be ok?
          Yup, plus the heat from welding typically helps!
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Too keep myself motivated and feel like I'm actually completing things I decided to put the carpet back in today. So I soldered in the fuse holders into the aux fuse-thing BMW so kindly provided. I ran the wire and out the interior together. Now I have two wires for my seats to function and be installed. The carpet is going to take a min to settle since it's been folded forever...

Comment

Nice, is it going to get both seats this time?!
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Nice, is it going to get both seats this time?!
                dude this time it will have two seats! Haha! I blamed not installing it on my daughter and ease of access to the car seat (true), but I couldn't have done it without power.

Comment

dude this time it will have two seats! Haha! I blamed not installing it on my daughter and ease of access to the car seat (true), but I couldn't have done it without power.
                  No joke. Thankfully both of mine are forward facing now, but it was not fun trying to get my son into the rear facing seat when the other forward facing seat was right next to it.

Looks good with the carpet!

Comment

I got some goodies in the mail today. I've been waiting since black Friday for these... Chase Bays brake lines. Nice quality and I really like the single lines in the back. I have also been messing with the exhaust trying to see if I can get it to fit. I think I can do it. I have decided that one side is too long with the orientation. If I cut off part of it it should fit. I marked the bottom of the slip on section with the green tape and the top with the marker. You can see there is about a half inch that is erroneous. I'm gonna cut that... .

Comment

The exhaust isn't going to happen. I guess now I'll wait for IE to have long tubes headers again and purchase those when they are ready, which means more down time... :( Also means more time to continue to throw parts at the car... :( In other news, the car looks so good with two seats in it!
                      Last edited by jeenyus; 01-30-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Did some plastic bonding on my bumper. I broke a tab at some point and its bugged me ever since. I also got some more goodies. Some very nice 'treehouse' bushings from garagistic. I will have to clean up the end if the control arm to get these to fit well. I'm actually surprised at the corrosion they've accumulated in such a tight area.

Comment

The black with the red looks great. You could even look at trying some black armrests/ door pockets for some more contrast. Excited to see updates
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Not the biggest fan of the E36 seats but to each their own of course. Do you still have to original red seats that car with the car?

How harsh will it drive with those new mounts? When I switched to the M3 offset Lemforder bushings on my ix, the difference was quite noticable, can't imagine how it would be with those!
                            Or our roads here are just shit. lol
                            1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                            1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
                              Not the biggest fan of the E36 seats but to each their own of course. Do you still have to original red seats that car with the car? How harsh will it drive with those new mounts? When I switched to the M3 offset Lemforder bushings on my ix, the difference was quite noticable, can't imagine how it would be with those! Or our roads here are just shit. lol
                              They actually aren't e36 seats. They are from a Z3M. Ride should be great.

Comment

They actually aren't e36 seats. They are from a Z3M. Ride should be great.
                                Oh you are right, I mistook them for E36 vader seats :)
                                1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                                1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X