My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post

Oh you are right, I mistook them for E36 vader seats :)
    Do you have bad roads then? We have stupid large highways with 6 lanes on each side here. City roads are questionable sometimes, but the highway is always pretty smooth.

Comment

Here are some better pictures of the seats.
      Last edited by jeenyus; 01-30-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post

Do you have bad roads then? We have stupid large highways with 6 lanes on each side here. City roads are questionable sometimes, but the highway is always pretty smooth.
        Have you ever driven on cobblestones ?
        I mean, we have some decent roads but most of them have plenty of potholes.
        1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
        1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Have you ever driven on cobblestones ?
          I mean, we have some decent roads but most of them have plenty of potholes.
          thankfully the closest i've gotten to that are dirt roads. I actually can't imagine any cobblestone roads in the US, unless we are talking about the east coast. west coast is smooth sailing (except in CA)

Comment

we have cobblestones up here in the PNW. they are shit.

And the paved roads are shit

everything is shit
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
              we have cobblestones up here in the PNW. they are shit. And the paved roads are shit everything is shit
              I'd like to clarify this is specifically the PNW. LoL

Comment

the PNW is shit.

We need to bundle up all the commiefornians and idaho transplants and flush them down to slc
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                  the PNW is shit.

We need to bundle up all the commiefornians and idaho transplants and flush them down to slc
                  lol, dude that is already happening. we are way more affected by that than you guys already. We can all move to Montana.

Comment

Got some good stuff in the mail today! Thank you Ireland Engineering.

Comment

I'm gonna have to figure out the O2 sensor situation because it doesn't have a bung, but the good news is it fits properly!

Comment

I've been trying to figure out the exhaust and getting it mated up with my old exhaust that was there before I bought the car. It's a 3" magnaflow muffler with a magnaflow high flow cat. I ended up getting a Y collector that is 2.25" to 3" and hopefully get that to match up with the preexisting 3". It fits fine which was a relief. Now to find a way to connect then all together. I like the idea of being able to remove all of this without having to deal with the manifold coming off and also I need to get the Y connected with an o2 bung.

Comment

That seems to fit pretty good. A regular U bolt could work although that's pretty shitty. Wouldn't it be possible to use a V band clamp?

Can't notice and wondering how easy it wil be to remove the oil filter with those headers? They seem to sit pretty tight against the filter?
                          Or is this just the angle from where the picture was taken?
                          1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                          1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

That seems to fit pretty good. A regular U bolt could work although that's pretty shitty. Wouldn't it be possible to use a V band clamp?

Can't notice and wondering how easy it wil be to remove the oil filter with those headers? They seem to sit pretty tight against the filter?
                            Or is this just the angle from where the picture was taken?
                            the filter is a tight fit, but the tube actually goes over the top of the filter. I most certainly won't be able to do it on a hot engine without gloves.

v band has crossed my mind a few times. I would probably need to have someone more skilled than me weld it on though. I do worry about the clearance with v bands though because it does sit pretty close to the body. On the Y-collector i will also need to fit an 02 and i believe the bracket that attaches to the transfer case. it's a busy area on the IX, as you know,.

Comment

If you vband the collectors, they need to be offset for clearance, like so (photo stolen from digitalwave)

Are you gonna ceramic coat them?

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                                If you vband the collectors, they need to be offset for clearance, like so (photo stolen from digitalwave)

Are you gonna ceramic coat them?
                                the Y collector is offset I think for this purpose. I don't know if I am going to ceramic coat them. Should I? if i don't do it now can I not do it later?

Comment

Working...
                                X