X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by AudioNToxication View Post
    Hm I might just pull the case down and see if i can change it in a press then.
    That's ideal. it would be the most effective anyway, just take a lot longer.

Leave a comment:

• AudioNToxication
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    with a hammer and lots of grease. I'll be honest, it's a huge pain in the ass.
    Hm I might just pull the case down and see if i can change it in a press then.

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    Alright...

I replaced the CPS. The car seemed to be running just fine, I turned the car on the next morning and as soon as I pressed the gas pedal, the car cut out. This is becoming quite a nuisance. I've replaced so much shit! The car still isn't 100% which makes me so bummed out. If I disconnect the battery the car seems to run fine. Then the symptoms return maybe the next time I start the car.

After what seems like a wild goose chase the last thing I can think of (and haven't replaced yet) is the ignition coil.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?! Any help before I buy more parts for this...?
    Ditch the AFM and DME. There's a glitch in your car somewhere, messing with something. It's probably 2 or 3 layers of fubar deep, which means replacing 1 part at a time will never fix it. Megasquirt fixed my issue. Of course I ran into another issue then, lack of tuning knowledge, but over time that's been mitigated. It's cheap compared to other stand alones, but it's still a big mod to do price wise starting at $800 for a plug in kit. Mayber a miller maf + chip will fix the issue.

You can try replacing the engine harness with a NEW i harness and then extend the oil pressure lines. Don't even bother with a new harness. Also, get a new CPS and a a refurbished AFM. That'll cost you over a grand, I think.

You're making great progress. I've been where you are, it sucks and it feels so pointless and hopeless.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by AudioNToxication View Post
    how did you get the transfer case bushing to go back in, getting it out makes sense to me.
    with a hammer and lots of grease. I'll be honest, it's a huge pain in the ass.

Leave a comment:

• AudioNToxication
    replied
    how did you get the transfer case bushing to go back in, getting it out makes sense to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X