No announcement yet.

My Alpine 4 door/5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much new going on. Did buy a new genuine OE ICV but still have to pick that up at the dealership (Trust me, don't have to pay full price on it :D)

Just going to leave a few recent pictures

Picked up my summer toy, early '70s Mizutani 10 speed

At Portland International Raceway watching Pro3 and Spec e30

Last edited by shameson; 05-09-2015, 10:01 PM.
    '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
    '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
    '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
    '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Not too much going on with the car. Installed the new icv as well as adding smoked front turns. Huge difference but still needs euro trim.

But I have started a nice parts dump. New ignition cylinder and keys, ignition switch, new is sideskirts to paint and mount and an is trunk spoiler. The spoiler is in DS metallic and its almost too pretty to paint over in alpine white lol.

Garagistic strut bar. Either getting polished or powder coated white

Coming up for me is to get my z3 1.9 rack swap started ( I have the hardware from Dungeon Motorsports on the way, just need tie rods), install my euro clock, ignition parts, paint and mount skirts and spoiler, then install the spark plugs wires and timing chain tensioner once it arrives. Then finally make another list of things to do.
      Last edited by shameson; 06-18-2015, 09:58 PM.
      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Just picked up a dslr so I needed some non-potato pictures of the car so I snapped a few real quick. Really brings out the flaws. Oh well.

Passenger side 'is' skirt is on along with a new dent-less passenger fender. Planning on doing the drivers side this week since there will be some days where its not 95-100 degrees.

'84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

I have some new RWD e30 tie rods I've been looking to get rid of locally, but if you need them I'd be more than happy to swing you a deal. They are FEBI Bilstein. Also, if you ever get rid of your trunk lid, let me know.

Comment

Looking good duder.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
              Just picked up a dslr so I needed some non-potato pictures of the car so I snapped a few real quick. Really brings out the flaws. Oh well.

Passenger side 'is' skirt is on along with a new dent-less passenger fender. Planning on doing the drivers side this week since there will be some days where its not 95-100 degrees.

Nice

I really like the non color match brake ducts. I might have to explore that on my sterling sedan.

Car looks sweet

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                I have some new RWD e30 tie rods I've been looking to get rid of locally, but if you need them I'd be more than happy to swing you a deal. They are FEBI Bilstein. Also, if you ever get rid of your trunk lid, let me know.
                Actually I'm gathering parts for my z3 1.9 rack swap already so I've got some already, but thanks for the offer!

If I can find a really nice predrilled alpine 2 trunk lid for my is spoiler, I'll let you know

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                Looking good duder.
                Thanks bud! The little thing is starting to shape up. Don't let the 16v fool ya ;)

Originally posted by GDA View Post
                Nice

I really like the non color match brake ducts. I might have to explore that on my sterling sedan.

Car looks sweet
                Thanks, I do too. I saw it on an alpine vert a local used to have and liked the look. Looks better with a black kidney but I switched back to chrome.
                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Do you have side skirts installed? Do want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by stormtrooper15 View Post
                    Do you have side skirts installed? Do want to see.
                    Ya just the passenger side. By the time I got the passenger side last week it was nearing 100 degrees by noon so I stopped lol

Here's a quick pic. Once both are on they will be going into to a friends shop for a color match.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	7177774
                    '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                    '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Looking great man! Where'd you buy the skirts?
                      sigpic
                      '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
                      Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

Originally posted by CRBR30 View Post
                        Looking great man! Where'd you buy the skirts?
                        I pieced mine together through my local dealership because employee discount lol

But you can get the kit from blunt or Abrahams
                        '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Looks great! You did a lot to her, she's come along way. Looks like we have similar taste. :) keep up the great work!

1991 318i Sedan
                          2005 X5 3.0i Sport
                          2010 328i M-Sport Touring

Comment

Originally posted by SeatownE30 View Post
                            Looks great! You did a lot to her, she's come along way. Looks like we have similar taste. :) keep up the great work!
                            Thanks, we certainly do! I've gone through your thread too, yours is super clean. Love the oem+ look
                            '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                            '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Got the strut bar installed along with my extra pass side fender I've been storing in the garage for the last two years...

Finally installed the other side skirt after having just one on for 3 or weeks or so. Will be sending it in for color matching along with my diamond schwarz is spoiler so I can install that.

Motor is starting to make the typical m42 tick too. Timing components should have around 40-50k miles ago tops when the top end was rebuilt. She still pulls strong though so I'm going to have to look into it this winter. First thought is lifters are in need of replacing or just gummed and need a thorough cleaning. But its been running a bit rich on some cold starts so I've been considering the possibility of a faulty injector pissing extra fuel on startup and getting loud when the car is running. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Anyways, gave the car a nice polish for the first time and touched up some bumper trim before the local BMW Motorfest put on by the CCA last weekend. My dad used to do some detailing when he wrenched at a euro shop years ago. Have a variable speed polisher I need to get good with. Going to keep working on it but this was just a start to give it a nice shine for the show. Looks a lot better already.

Me and good buddy twinning

Couple pictures from the show

Going to start considering my next options for wheels as I want to be able to change it up. Always thought I wanted euroweaves but I would sure miss having 9's in the back.
                              Last edited by shameson; 08-27-2015, 09:56 AM.
                              '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                              '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

A little update after a couple of months.

Finally got my car up onto the lift after awhile. Subframe bushings were blown and causing the differential mount to tear due to the pressure. Out with old then.
                                New Powerflex:
                                • Rear subframe mounts
                                • Differential mount
                                • Rear control arm bushings.

Brakes were also another issue. My current slotted rotors were worn and the pads were getting very bad. Again, out with old.
                                • New solid rotors front and back
                                • New front calipers and rears were rebuilt
                                • New ceramic pads and sensors
                                • Fresh brake fluid

Originally wanted to add a z3 rack but the stock rack is still in great shape with no tears in the boots or leaks so it will stay until that changes. Going to get IE's Pro3 22mm sway bar kit in the future so added M3 sway bar links up front.

This spring I will hopefully dig into the interior. Want to have front seats reupholstered and install new carpet. Thinking of going with cloth centers with black bolsters but not sure yet. While I have the interior apart, I now have a new Dinan pedal set w/ dead pedal and a UUC SSK to install while the carpet is out. Last month I picked up a Ryan G splitter and definitely digging the look.

As it sits now

Last edited by shameson; 01-07-2016, 07:03 PM.
                                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                                '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Working...
                                X