No announcement yet.

cameras ready prepare to flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been consumed with work and home renovations...holy crap did that cost more than I wanted...(and i'm still not done)

hence why 0 updates....

those fortune-auto e39 coils arrived in pretty much the worst condition ever.....seized up and riddled with surface rust, seller posted pics of the coils when they were probably close to brand new, not current condition. Pissed me off, stayed away from bmw everything for a minute. Won't ever buy anything from fb groups that aren't local... lesson learned.

I can't find any pics of the coils as they arrived, i'm pretty sure I took one but i probably got sick of looking at it....wire wheeled the entire shock body and threw some black paint on there. You can see a few spots where its pitted still....check out the springs in the back :facepalm:

Luckily I still had the top of the camber plates from my e36 m3 coils which were replaced with e30 tops....but I used the adjustment plate from those and swapped them onto the e39 FA's.

Placed an order in with FA...ordered 8k front springs which actually works out once I found out they used way lighter spring rates initially...(5 or 6k for some reason)....wanted to go Swift, but...budget. Also got radial bearings and the new locking spring perches.

and all assembled, looking minty fresh!

------------------------------------
    So my life has been consumed with my bikes in whatever free time I've had...
    I decided to put more money into my suzuki sv....Did some front bars, r6 throttle tube/grips, and galfer stainless lines up front. Really helped transform the bike.

Decided to try and see how a steering damper would have helped out....ended up finding one 2nd hand from a reliable brand....Had to modify the position a little bit by raising it up with some strategically placed spacers....I only really turn it up when I'm riding on the streets/freeway, I keep it low or off for anything tight/technical.

found a super rare oem suzuki solo seat cowl that gets rid of the rear seat. I dipshitted and dropped a rear fairing and decided to get the whole rear section wrapped. It's slightly off a shade, but only noticable in direct sunlight it seem

I found a group of guys who do "mini-moto lot races" every other week....basically a church parking lot which is sprayed down and used as an "auto-x" type course with baby cones and everything!! Pretty much the only thing keeping me sane right now!! However it opened a huge rabbit's hole for gear, and a few other mods....

I got tired of ripping my shoes around the lot, and decided to get a pair of rearsets that put the feet back and up over stock location. I decided to replace all the joints and linkage for teflon lined aurora heims...

I did a bunch of the lot races with stock tires....most of them down at 8-12psi and still had a lot of slipping....where the wear mark ends is the danger zone!

ended up ordering some super soft "scooter racing tires" made by Mitas

installed them tonight and OH MAN......what a difference!!

-----------------

as for the e30....it took 3 days to charge the battery....and it fires right up still, no issues at all! I'm going to adjust ride height later this week and try to schedule an alignment for it soon!

after all this time passed, and all I have is this wooden shift knob LOL

pretty stoked on this one....can't wait to put it all back together soon!

Hopefully I'll get started "finally" on finishing up the e30 now that the weather is cooler!
    Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 12:21 AM.
    89 325i 4dr s52
    02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
    21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

I'm glad when I made it to the end of the post there was an E30 update! Lol shiftknob looks good. Nothing wrong with enjoying your hobby, even if it isn't the E30. I spend 20s and 50s on my E30 now and 100s on the Datsun. Lol
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

small update...

unfortunately it's also for sale

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...32#post4905132
        Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 12:19 AM.
        89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

so this is my daily, i stopped posting about it here

the fiske fm5's didnt fit the front of the e30 as well as i liked, so i test fitted them on the wagon and they miraculously clear the m5 brake rotor/calipers.

and i installed a curtis hitch to bring my mini bikes around for lot races

and actually just got this picture from the paint shop

m-tech bumpers front & rear for the touring. next will probably be a muffler to fit the bumper exit.

also.....got rid of my suzuki and replaced it with another bmw (can't keep myself away)

(winglets are on backwards here ) bought this from my friend and it has almost as much horsepower as my e30 does after the larger injectors and bren-tune.

lots of carbon fiber here and this was after I installed the gp shift rearsets

but the mini moto stuff has really been my real focus of *fun*

setup the grom for a track day at a kart track in socal

included changing it to gp shift also

getting a feel of the track....nothing to slap your ego than 11 year olds flying past you on kx65's LOL (it's funny looking at these photos from March, I can tell how much I've improved since then on angle and body position)

then i started to build a "practice" bike for no reason at all...still not done btw

--------------------------

so basically all that plus the ever-growing costs of this home upgrade/renovation project is pretty much causing the sale of the e30.

sorry guys!! I really enjoyed when this build thread was still relevant and not stupid photobucket errors.

89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

I dropped some parts off to an independent local bmw shop here in town (Sin City BMW) and was asked if the diode was bad inside the fuse box. Anyways, I got a spare diode from them, and went to replace mine. the plastic housing basically exploded when i squeezed it, so thankfully i had a new one, but it wasn't the fix I needed.

fast forward to tonight.... i did a thing....

the black/yellow wire from pressure switch to fuse box was pinched between the firewall/cabin. ran some new wire through and a/c kicked right on!! un-freaking-believable!! I'm super happy it finally works! I knew my wiring (r12 hi/lo psi switch to r134a hi/low switch wasn't wrong!)

I'm playing with the idea of keeping it for a bit now and selling my s1000rr. The last 3 times I rode that thing, I've almost been ran off the road by some asshole with road rage, came an inch from a curb (potentially ruining my carbon fiber BST wheels) trying to avoid a suv swerving into my lane because he was staring at his phone....and lastly someone ran a red light and i swear....the brembo's (ss lines, carbon ceramic rotors/ceramic pads) on that bike saved my damn life.....and now I no longer have any desire what-so-ever to ride a street bike in Las Vegas. I wouldn't be against an r6 track bike in the future, but having a $12k+ dedicated track bike is just not in the cards right now.

-------------------------------
            e39 touring

I got the m-technic bumpers on, it made a huge difference

I'm still debating if i should just move the stock exhaust over, or throw on a 2.5" can with dual tips out back so i can put the stock diffuser cover back on.....but I kind of enjoy the quiet. meanwhile I finished up the klx110 (143cc with race head and cam, 26mm carb), and here's what it looks like with my sketchy carrier in use!

Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 12:15 AM.
            89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

sell the bike and keep the E30 and live a long life
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

/\

I recently acquired a wood wheel and knob.

Its and interesting feel, but feels right in its own way.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Where'd you get the bumpers for the touring?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                    Where'd you get the bumpers for the touring?

I got the apparent rattle canned front bumper at the junkyard for $50

The rear bumper I sourced locally (luckily) in a part out (i picked up a bunch of interior bits and the rear lowering links from him. The rear bumper was alpine white. I got both bumpers prepped and painted by a friend of a friend who did a great job paint matching.

Both bumpers are not oem, but the rear fits great for a k/o and the front is decent enough to get my by for the price.
                    Last edited by s14brent; 07-21-2018, 03:50 AM.
                    89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Super lucky finding that front in a junkyard!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                        Super lucky finding that front in a junkyard!

sure did...but i held onto it for almost half a year before I found the rear. Ebay has the copy rear bumpers for $300+, I think I paid $150 so i'm about $500 in total with paint supplies which is phenomenal since I wanted to keep the costs down on the daily.

---------------

I also decided to work on the e30 during the storm last night. I swapped out the vdo temp sensor and the 52mm coolant gauge works again. I also decided to make the car more enjoyable for me and put the cheap race seat back in after doing some adjustments on the seat height. Also threw my wood shift knob back on. I definitely think keeping it is the way to go. I don't know wtf I was thinking

I also fell through the passenger seat recaro bottom seat support while doing a thorough cleaning (when listing it for sale), I need to order new straps/hooks (only found some on ebay in poland or something) - so meanwhile I swapped the seat rails and I'll order the replacement parts next time I need something off the bay.
                        Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 12:13 AM.
                        89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                          I also fell through the passenger seat recaro bottom seat support while doing a thorough cleaning (when listing it for sale), I need to order new straps/hooks (only found some on ebay in poland or something) - so meanwhile I swapped the seat rails and I'll order the replacement parts next time I need something off the bay.

Same thing happened with my Recaro SEs

These straps are great but they started to tear up the foam underneath
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Same thing happened with my Recaro SEs

These straps are great but they started to tear up the foam underneath

PERFECT!! Thanks, btw did you order 1 strap kit and 6 hooks? I'm getting kind of confused by the verbage on their site.

"If you're converting from the single sling-type suspension to our 3-strap version, you'll need to order 12 securing clips to fit the straps to your seat pans.)"
                            89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

i really like how your e30 is sitting, and although i'm no great fan of overfenders, they look great on that car!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                                i really like how your e30 is sitting, and although i'm no great fan of overfenders, they look great on that car!

Thanks, I wanted more wheel clearance but in all honesty the standard kamotor flares don't add much at all. In hindsight I probably should have gone ultra-wides, but I thought the standard ones looked better lol.

--------------------------------------------

I should have done a few things differently, but now I'm trying to put this thing back together and have some fun with it even if the changes are minimal, more creature-comfort things.

I put a red bulb sleeve on the coolant temp gauge to match my somewhat fading gauge cluster. I might need to look into fixing the bulbs on the cluster in the near future.

threw the nakamichi cd400 back in and ran an aux cable since I decided to keep the car

I decided to upgrade the oil cooler thermostat....I noticed one of the fittings on the derale thermostat was sweating after a 20-30 min drive. I went with mishimoto because it came with fittings and the heat sink, the earl's was the same cost (no fittings) and both earls/mishi have different thermostats you could throw in there 165/180/200F, but I kept with the 180 temp (close or same as derale). Anyways, I ordered it on amazon and it arrived with 3 of 4 fittings, so they had to send me a new one which got delivered today (sunday).

added high temp thread sealant, mishimoto includes dowty seals also, but the oil cooler thermostat is such a pain in the ass to remove (not to mention the waste of 6.5qts of oil). hopefully this fixes the last real issue I know of.

Install was messy and unavoidable....going to fill up with oil before the sun comes up and check for leaks when the engine noise won't piss off the neighbors.

got kind of annoyed at the way the cooler line was routed and decided at least one of the fittings needed to be changed from straight to 45 or 60 degrees. Only thing I could find locally was a 45 degree.

I also trimmed one of the hoses to the oil filter cap (not shown) just happier with the cleaner setup now.

Here's one of that corner all put back together

also....another thing happened today, sold my s1000rr - pretty bummed but happy the e30 will be getting attention.

the e30 will have a safe place here as long as I can get some use out of it! can't wait to dial it in and do a track day already!
                                Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 12:12 AM.
                                89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Working...
                                X