cameras ready prepare to flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
    Always wondered what happened to this car! Glad to see it alive (almost) and well!

Will stay posted for updates. Great work so far man
    thanks man!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the new diff cover gasket and crush washers from pelican parts, also got an extra quart of redline 75w90.

Took the e28 cover off and cleaned up the gasket surface. It looks pretty clean on the inside!

e30 cover back on! I put toyota fipg on the housing & cover to create a good seal just in case. I've heard of leaks with just the gasket alone. cover was torqued to spec before reinstallation!

and reinstalled!

You can also see here I mocked up some SS piping from a scorpion exhaust that my e36 m3 came with. I'm going to have to wait until a friend can weld it for me since I'm not equipped to weld stainless at home. I prefer SS on this side because well, the front half - despite how good it looks, it weighs a bunch! The stainless piping is so much lighter!

Meanwhile I'm going to order some 308L SS mig wire and try my luck on some scraps with 75/25, (EDIT: will probably try to fill a small bottle of A1025 helium tri mix instead!) but I may just take it to a friend who has a tig. It will be a lot easier that way but I really want to keep everything "in-house"/ diy
    Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:45 AM.
    89 325i 4dr s52
    02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
    21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

kick ass thread!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=387261&page=3
      Last edited by b-rad; 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM.
      1987 BMW 325is,(M3 S50 Swapped)-Current
      2010 FJ Cruiser, aka E30 Support Vehicle-(Daily)
      2008 Scion xB Lowered
      2001 BMW 325i
      1995 BMW 318ti
      1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
      1965 Ford Mustang Coupe

My Thread

Comment

Just read the whole thread, really well done man!
        Build Thread
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
        Parts Thread
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by b-rad View Post
          kick ass thread!
          Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
          Just read the whole thread, really well done man!
          Thanks guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
          I just got done talking to two local gas companies (where i usually get my c25 refills) and helium tri-mix (a-1025) is called for the stainless job, in combination with 308L stainless mig wire. A 50 cubic ft. bottle of a1025 is $251.50 and if i were to do an exchange with another bottle, it would be slightly less at $110.40 (minus the cost of the bottle basically - still more than double the cost of c25!)

so this is definitely not happening anymore. I will weld the exhaust hangers with c25 and 308L and have the piping tigged at a friends house when his machine arrives and is all setup. sucks.
          Last edited by s14brent; 08-31-2016, 05:38 PM.
          89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Great work here!
            My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
              Great work here!
              thanks man! i'm trying!

------------------------------------------------------
              I got the IS lip out of storage and there was some weird fading on the plasti-dip and decided it was unacceptable. I tried to peel it but it was no bueno, ended just sanding it all off. It was a huge pain in the ass.

after I did a layer of spray can primer and a thick coat of SEM trim paint.

and mounted

so I noticed the edges weren't in the best shape, some of the lower material was broken off at the corners from being low and scraping. (I was thinking of getting the IS lip splitter.) Oh and I did notice an oem part # on one of the edges - this whole time I thought it was a knock off front lip which makes my next issue even more worrisome.

So I replaced all the mounting clips after I got the replacement valance. I feel it's still not very secure.... I guess my question is, is there a way to secure the lip even more? It seems to not be the sturdiest and I remember it popped right off when I tried to get out of my drive way once. I'm thinking of drilling a couple holes and using some self tapping screws/speed clips so I don't lose this on the freeway. I guess I'll just have to look at it later.

I'm working doubles until Monday for Labor Day weekend here in Vegas. I'm really hoping for some cool weather after that so I can finish the exhaust soon.
              Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:43 AM.
              89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Beautiful car

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post

So I replaced all the mounting clips after I got the replacement valance. I feel it's still not very secure.... I guess my question is, is there a way to secure the lip even more? It seems to not be the sturdiest and I remember it popped right off when I tried to get out of my drive way once. I'm thinking of drilling a couple holes and using some self tapping screws/speed clips so I don't lose this on the freeway. I guess I'll just have to look at it later.

I'm working doubles until Monday for Labor Day weekend here in Vegas. I'm really hoping for some cool weather after that so I can finish the exhaust soon.
                  I got rid of the clips. Used the holes on the valence and drilled holes on lip (just barely big enough to fit a thin nut). Used thin nuts & bolts with washers for proper securement. My lip isn't going anywhere unless you scrape it onto something. You can also add some baking soda/superglue to the underside of the lip around the holes to strengthen that area because the lip will easily split if you bump/bash it into something. The added baking soda/super glue is very strong.

Comment

Gosh dangit I love this thread. That subtle e36m save was the tits.

Also, you should post some full shots of your daily e36m with the meat.

me likey
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                      Gosh dangit I love this thread. That subtle e36m save was the tits.

Also, you should post some full shots of your daily e36m with the meat.

me likey
                      Awesome! Thanks man! appreciate it! Here's a few from a two weeks ago

[ no pics - blame photobucket ]
                      Last edited by s14brent; 11-06-2018, 10:11 PM.
                      89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Damn

Hellrot?

245/40/17s on 17x9s?

et? spacers in fronts?

Comment

shit... i need an e36

Comment

damn those are some nice pictures. :bow:
                            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                              Hellrot?

245/40/17s on 17x9s?

et? spacers in fronts?
                              Hellrot indeed! I believe they are 17x8 with a +12 offset square setup. 235/40/17 direzza star specs. No spacers in the front, rear has something silly like 7mm.

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                              shit... i need an e36
                              I really enjoy daily driving mine! No real issues yet *knocks on wood*

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                              damn those are some nice pictures. :bow:
                              Thanks man! I shot those after work a few weeks ago! Car desperately needs another wash soon. damn desert living!!
                              -----------------------------------------------------

My crazy labor day work weekend is finally over. (4 days of working doubles!) whew! Got some rest finally and will probably venture into the garage later.

Not sure how, but my husky hd air hose got a bubble in it. These hose are rated to 300psi and i'm not coming anywhere near that kind of psi, not sure why this is the 2nd time replacing an air line, but at least i caught it before it burst! I might cut it and repurpose it to connect the sand blaster outside.!
                              After looking at a few options out there (flexzilla, good year, bostitch and a few others I ended up ordering a blubird 50 ft replacement due to its 10yr warranty.

and mounted onto the reel

I have a good friend who has a Lincoln Precision Tig 185 sitting in storage. I'm working out right now on borrowing the unit until his new garage is set up. It will give me some time to try and learn how to tig and save me the $1500+ i was about to dump into a unit. The unit is just as big as my powermig 215, so I have to try and make some room for it later this week!

On a side note: I went to get some 91 octane for the e30 today!

Last edited by s14brent; 08-27-2020, 06:46 AM.
                              89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Been slammed with work. Haven't had time to figure out the tig welder ordeal. Meanwhile, I ordered some more mild steel tubing for the rear section. SS is too much of a pain in the ass right now and I don't want to do it with the wrong gas.

The weather is finally dropping in temps here in Vegas, so I'm hoping to finish the exhaust by the end of the month, pending parts arrival.

Found a pair of Recaro LX6 (helios color scheme) locally from a mk2 VW. Not my first choice in color but the price was right. (massive adapters on the way, and new trim covers ordered from pelican). Not sure if I want to try to source a black interior door cards/trim pieces, I feel like if I do, next thing you know I will strip the interior down and find a way to take another 6months on the damn thing or end up with a roll cage.

Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:41 AM.
                                89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Working...
                                X