No announcement yet.

cameras ready prepare to flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow.....so I just traded those vw recaros for some brand new-old stock recaro SE's plus some cash of course.

super stoked!!
    Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:40 AM.
    89 325i 4dr s52
    02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
    21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

awesome project this.

Comment

Can't wait to see pics of the seats installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1987 BMW 325is,(M3 S50 Swapped)-Current
        2010 FJ Cruiser, aka E30 Support Vehicle-(Daily)
        2008 Scion xB Lowered
        2001 BMW 325i
        1995 BMW 318ti
        1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
        1965 Ford Mustang Coupe

My Thread

Comment

I just sold my Recaro SE seats. Wonderful seats, you'll love them
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by king_ZS View Post
            awesome project this.
            Thanks

Originally posted by b-rad View Post
            Can't wait to see pics of the seats installed!
            Same! I guess my adapters only got shipped on Friday, I'm super anxious! I'll still keep the bucket with the wedge brackets for auto-x etc.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I just sold my Recaro SE seats. Wonderful seats, you'll love them
            Awesome, when I googled "recaro se e30" or something along those lines I saw a photo of your car with a single seat.

----------------------------------------------

Quick Recaro question, does anybody know what these exactly are? He included these bases that were for an "office chair conversion" or tradeshow/shop display. No Recaro markings anywhere on it though....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
            Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:39 AM.
            89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Only place I can think about needing to have a secure base would be on a boat!

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                Awesome, when I googled "recaro se e30" or something along those lines I saw a photo of your car with a single seat.

----------------------------------------------

Quick Recaro question, does anybody know what these exactly are? He included these bases that were for an "office chair conversion" or tradeshow/shop display. No Recaro markings anywhere on it though....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                Haha that's funny. Must've been when I traded my old sport seats for the one from my buddy.

Ironic thing is I'm back to one seat again

That bracket looks exactly as it was described to you. To take a Recaro and make it into an office chair. Pretty cool, actually
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Massive recaro seat adapters are super nice and easy to install.

acquired some black sedan door cards locally!

and both seats mounted...(had to install the driver seat by passing it through the passenger side since the car is still up on jackstands). Very happy with how it looks. I just need a black rear seat, black parcel shelf, and front speaker kick panels in black to make it look how I want it.
                  Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:39 AM.
                  89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

I just need a black rear seat, black parcel shelf, and front speaker kick panels in black to make it look how I want it.
                    The parcel shelf is easy enough to paint, just remember to brush it otherwise the fabric becomes stiff and weird.

The rear seat is tough, I tried to dye a tan cloth seat black and failed miserably so then I had a houndstooth rear seat to match the houndstooth door panels I had at the time and still didnt like how it looked. I eventually settled on just having a black vinyl seat since it matches the current black vinyl door cards I have (exactly like yours).

btw Im going to sell mine, shame you arent local I would give you a good deal. Pretty sure mine is for a 4 door since it doesnt quite fit right in my 2 door
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

you can also paint the speaker covers with vinyl black paint and get a decent result as long you degrease the parts really good before painting

i spray painted my rear shelf and it turned out pretty good one of my buddies has a rear back seat in black for free in orange county

-
                      Project
                      Parts for Sale
                      Feedback
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I eventually settled on just having a black vinyl seat since it matches the current black vinyl door cards I have (exactly like yours).

btw Im going to sell mine, shame you arent local I would give you a good deal. Pretty sure mine is for a 4 door since it doesnt quite fit right in my 2 door

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                        you can also paint the speaker covers with vinyl black paint and get a decent result as long you degrease the parts really good before painting

i spray painted my rear shelf and it turned out pretty good one of my buddies has a rear back seat in black for free in orange county
                        Thanks guys'!! What kind of spray paint did you use on the rear shelf? I'll be in touch about the rear seats! I might go check out socal vintage and a drift event oct. 7-9. So if I don't have a black rear seat by then I will definitely take one of you guys up on the offers!

both of the front speaker covers are imperfect. I will eventually find a pair of black ones at the junkyard. meanwhile I sanded them down, primed, then sprayed with sem trim paint, since I had that laying around (more of an acrylic based paint). better that than bbq black!

The door panels I got had manual window crank - cut outs. I had to cut the panel to fit the rear window switches. The hole bugged me so I went to Lowes in search for a plug of some sorts.

Found these hillman 1" plugs (884313 furniture tip) that were perfect.

-------------------

So as for the exhaust...I placed an order on some flanges, hangers and one more 30 degree bend. It's been 10 days since the purchase, i'm getting very impatient over here. Good thing it is a HUGE work weekend in Vegas again!
                        Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:37 AM.
                        89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Looking good now in there

Black speaker planels
                          Black door panels
                          Black seats
                          That gauge pod
                          All winning.
                          Did you get black door panels for the rear doors?

-
                          Project
                          Parts for Sale
                          Feedback
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

Good thing it is a HUGE work weekend in Vegas again!
                            Those seats are great, they look really good in there!

Just out of curiousity, what do you do in Vegas that makes this weekend such a big work weekend?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                              Looking good now in there

Black speaker planels
                              Black door panels
                              Black seats
                              That gauge pod
                              All winning.
                              Did you get black door panels for the rear doors?
                              Thanks man, super stoked on progress! and yes, all 4 door cards were acquired. They cleaned up very well with all the dust/dirt that was on them. There are a few small imperfections, but I'm not too worried about it. I reused a bunch of clips that didn't break from my set, so it was a quick swap.

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                              Those seats are great, they look really good in there!

Just out of curiousity, what do you do in Vegas that makes this weekend such a big work weekend?
                              Thanks, I'm a freelance concert/event photographer, so I will be out at the iheartradio music festival this weekend while one of my staff photogs will be at Life is Beautiful music festival this weekend.
                              89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

I finished the rear section of the exhaust finally.

yes. it really sucked.

I drove it around the neighborhood a few times, steering felt weird, and the caster is horrendous! Tried to order some SLRSPEED fcabs (same as what's on my m3) but their site was down....got impatient and placed an order a few hours ago with AKG. I'm going to put a smaller tie rod spacer on the rack and triple check all the nuts and bolts again. I'm pretty sure what I'm feeling is a caster issue.

I threw a CEL for the o2 sensor/lambda control. This is the second junkyard o2 I've tried, I have a brand new oem bosch o2 arriving in the morning.

these pics are of the "good side"....damn i love it!!

Trying to get this drivable, maybe go to socal vintage with a bunch of local guys'. We'll see! *fingers crossed!*

--------------------
                                edit: insomnia's a bitch....swapped out the 6+mm rack spacer for just 4mm using 1mm shims in the correct ID/OD from mcmastercarr (98055A232). (Not sure what i was thinking when i got the 6mm ones! LOL!) I didn't check all the bolts because tie-rod boot was being a bitch and a beer sounded more rewarding.

That should increase the life of the rack significantly! driving around the neighborhood with 6mm rack spacers was kind of hilarious (go kart status!)

update: o2 sensor picked up.

installed

Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:34 AM.
                                89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Working...
                                X