• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
    vht high temp primer
    Cool!
    I will looking those spray cane in my place
    [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
    Transaction Feedback

Comment

Hey Brent, where'd you end up getting the adapter's for the e46 calipers. Looks identical to the 300mm.de but I'm sure a lot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
        Hey Brent, where'd you end up getting the adapter's for the e46 calipers. Looks identical to the 300mm.de but I'm sure a lot cheaper.
        He bought from me..
        Check this out

I make also front kit for e46m3 on stock e30 knuckle..
        Will be available soon!!
        [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
        [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
        Transaction Feedback

Comment

yup! adapters were from hita (ngampleh)
          -------------

I finally had the chance to rebuild the four calipers.

ended up getting new guide pins and bushings w/new caps. Car will be street driven and used on road trips to events so brass guides were out of the question.

piston seals were replaced as well.

reassembled and loaded. fronts have brembo pads, rears are just ATE. just waiting for new bleeder valves for the e36 m3 calipers, and they're good to go!

My shorter swaybar hex turnbuckle came in. 6" vs 7" that I had on my e36 m3. Went with grade 8 lock nuts this time around as well.

I need to unhook the driveshaft from the differential side next. and start working back there since the front camber plates are still over a week and a half out.
          Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:20 AM.
          89 325i 4dr s52
          02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
          21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

ugh. I dipshitted today. came home with this problem child.

2002 525i 5spd touring, car has e39 m5 brakes all around. Car idles like shit. It has 150k, and has codes for a misfire (on cyl 4/5 startup), o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 (replaced bosch o2) and replaced the battery already. I replaced the spark plugs (awesome...they use s52 ngk's which I had sitting around for my next service on the e36! and the plugs I pulled out were way overdue!) but i think I need to check the coil packs next since it's still idles rough. I got it for a smoking deal and I've been trying to get a wagon back in my life! over $200 in parts ordered already, sorry e30!!
            89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

E39 wagons are awesome, enjoy it!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                E39 wagons are awesome, enjoy it!

Cyl 4 has a frozen lifter or a stuck valve or combo of both..... might be looking for a m54b30 soon.

-------------------------------------------------
                I finally got my fortune auto camber plates (e30) for the e36 m3 coils!!

Met up with 2man in Torrance over the weekend and got these sedan rear seats off him! Thanks again for driving and meeting me!

and I just left the front suspension like this (just need to put the front calipers on both sides and then start the rear!)

I'm pretty happy this is finally being worked on!! damn e39 impulse buy!
                Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:19 AM.
                89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                  Met up with 2man in Torrance over the weekend and got these sedan rear seats off him! Thanks again for driving and meeting me!

It was good to meet you too Brent, seats look good in there. Hopefully, the seats are a perfect in your car because it certainly looks good in there!
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    It was good to meet you too Brent, seats look good in there. Hopefully, the seats are a perfect in your car because it certainly looks good in there!
                    Thanks again Simon! The seats are flawless! I'll have to try and take better pictures when the cars not flooded with boxes of parts again!

-----------------------------------
                    cleaned the oily film off the rotors and put on the calipers. damn this looks soooo good!!

I'm hoping to get a few things during black friday...maybe a rear sway bar since I'm there. I'd actually be happy with just a stock ix/m3 rear bar but I like UUC/IE's mounting solution.

I unhooked the parking brake lines, and have most of the rear ready to drop out. Got the axles out earlier today, going to drop them off locally to get rebuilt soon!!

edit: just going to add on to this post. Haven't had time to drop off axles to be rebuilt yet. I dropped the subframe out yesterday.

and already pictured - I added garagistic's diff mount stud-conversion because why not

Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:18 AM.
                    89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

got the axles rebuilt by local repair shop ARE. holy crap I can't believe they are the same axles!!

I removed the wheel hubs/bearings. I was looking for instructions on welding these trailing arm reinforcements. I don't think I got any instructions....I know i have to weld about an inch on both sides and then hammer the "ear" to fit. Hope I don't mess these up! Will probably prep surface/weld next week if I have the time.

---------------------------------

Here's whats been grabbing most of my attention lately.

m54b30 from the junkyard. Going to be putting that into my e39 525iT. Motor was super clean the day I spotted it, then I went back and a bunch of accy were missing (alternator, ps pump, coil packs, water pump, etc. I decided to pull it anywyas after a quick -manual crank compression test (1 compression stroke by hand) which resulted in 58-60 across the board. I think this motor will be a strong candidate. The car was t-boned, and had a bunch of new parts (driveline esp). i've never made this mistake of having so many inop project cars....I hope I can get one of these done by the end of the year!!::doubtful::
                      Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:15 AM.
                      89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

small update! but glad it's finally moving along! I had my friend shave down the subframe bushings for eccentric bolt clearance. Includes cluster fuck of parts:

uuc rear sway bar reinforcement, garagistic differential reinforcement and trailing arm reinforcements, ie motorsports camber/toe adjustments and subframe bushings, revshift trailing arm bushings.

next up: parking brake hardware/shoes and lines, e30 rear wheel bearings, z4 hubs. e46 caliper adapters.
                        ------------------
                        edit: no need to bump thread since traffic is low. - Pressed in the wheel bearing and hub, installed new parking brake cables, shoes and hardware. Ended the day installing 78mm motorsport hardware studs

Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 01:13 AM.
                        89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

So..a few things stopped working right in my garage last week. When I was welding the garagistic trailing arm reinforcements, my wire speed kept fluctuating and pissing me off. I goofed up and realized I was using .35 drive rollers on .30 wire. :facepalm:

It seems to be working great, but most of the welding is already done.

Then my 60 gal air compressor's pressure switch took a shit on me and replacement parts took about a 4 days and finally arrived today. The stock PSI gauge was cracked when I got the compressor 2nd hand. I decided to go with a liquid filled one so the needle won't go crazy every time it's filling up. I didn't realize the gauge readings were backwards. I'm thinking of maybe getting a 90 degree brass fitting and seeing if I can have it sit upright, but I really don't care. The new switch cutoff is closer to 140 psi vs 130 psi. I have to look into adjusting that later.

Of course I had to test it out, so I cut he lip off the rear rotor dust shields to fit the larger e46 rotors. I'll clean the jagged edges up later.

and right when I was done UPS showed up and dropped off my ecs pair of front brake lines (that I'll obviously be running in the rear). Decided to throw them on along with Hita's (e30 adapters) e46 rear caliper adapter.

notice axles are also in!!

I won't be reinstalling right away, I decided to order an Ireland Engineering poly diff bushing. I realized I just did the new e28 3.46 recently, but it will be the only thing rubber back there, and I don't really want to drop anything back there for as long as possible if necessary! I gotta find a way to reuse the redline fluid in there currently! LOL...me being a cheap ass!
                          Last edited by s14brent; 08-27-2020, 07:01 AM.
                          89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

dude, fluid gets expensive when it's all said and done. I wouldn't say you're being a cheap ass as much as you're being efficient.

Comment

So you didn't press the bearing onto the hub first before installation? I would think you would want to press them in the knuckle as one..
                              88 d21 draggin pavement
                              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bggdnssnguy View Post
                                So you didn't press the bearing onto the hub first before installation? I would think you would want to press them in the knuckle as one..
                                I guess I could have, but I did my e36 m3 wheel bearings the same way (so far 7k no issues), and the c-clip would probably be a huge PITA to put in after.
                                89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Working...
                                X