X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evil-diesel
    replied
    refreshed brake booster...

in the next couple of days the booster and the ABS unit are finding their way into the engine bay...

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    still preparing the engine bay for the M60. Welding, sanding, shaving, filler, primer... it all takes time. But we are finally close to finishing the new home for the V8...

Brake booster bracket welded in (the welds need to stay exposed for the TÜV inspection):

some final details addressed:

fresh bronzit!!!!

Last edited by evil-diesel; 06-03-2015, 07:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    all the unneeded brackets and excess seam sealer have been cleaned up and welded, the engine bay is currently in primer ready for some fresh paint.

we are hoping to drop the M60 in next weekend...

Leave a comment:

• Vincent Brick
    replied
    This thing is so cool. I'm turning into a real sucker for the chrome side moldings with early euro bumpers.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    What are you doing with the purple beater eater?

Seriously? PM incoming...

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    It pains me a bit to see the touring gutted, but I'm sure the sedan will be nice :)

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    updates... it's been a productive weekend.

there's no turning back now... the touring has been stripped of all the needed parts, the early model has been stripped of all the parts we won't be needing.

the puzzle is already coming back together, the front an rear subframes, suspension, diff, brakes etc. are already reinstalled.

front and rear subframes removed

engine suspended by old strut bar, about to come out

out she goes

m60b40 with e39 6-speed tranny

early model completely stripped

the workshop looks like a frankenstein lab for e30's

current status... only missing an engine and tranny

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    ^Indeed

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by word is bond View Post
    I dunno - why even buy the touring? I mean - I guess, it means you'll have the parts needed for the swap, but it just seems kind of wasteful when the touring is already perfectly sorted...
    the price for the entire car was less expensive than buying all the needed parts individually. Also, having a swapped car that works and transferring the parts over to another car sounds easier to me than swapping a car from scratch...

Leave a comment:

• word is bond
    replied
    I dunno - why even buy the touring? I mean - I guess, it means you'll have the parts needed for the swap, but it just seems kind of wasteful when the touring is already perfectly sorted...

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    ^makes sense

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    i figured that this would cause a bit of controversy. especially since the touring is in great shape body wise, (no rust, no body damage, great paint). let me try to explain why the touring is not here to stay:

1. I know that the touring is rare in the US and that there's a touring hype right now, in europe however it's nothing special. Over here chrome bumpered early model cars are the most sought after

2. I'm not a big fan of daytona violet

3. I'm also not a big fan of the M-Cloth interior

4. I can't stand late model tail lights

The bronzit car will embody what would be a german muscle car. Chrome bumpers, BBS's, cardinal leather, V8 power. I'm sure you won't be disappointed when you see the final result.

The touring will be converted back to a regular M20 in stock form. For anyone interested, I would be willing to sell the touring with everything but the driveline.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by evil-diesel View Post
    Plans have changed a bit for this project. There was a M60B40 swapped touring in daytona violet with M-Tech interior for sale at a very good price. After checking it out and test driving the piss out of it I came to the conclusion that the swap was done very well and I had to have it!

The plan is to swap all the mechanical bits over to the bronzit early model. The bronzit will keep it's classic style while we transform it into a V8 monster!

The touring came with Porsche brakes, KW V1 Coilovers, e39 540i 6 speed transmission, a locking diff and everything else needed for the transformation!

April fools was last week bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Why?? Why swap such an awesome driveline in such an awesome touring in to a bronzit coupe??

This. Man that touring is incredible

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Why?? Why swap such an awesome driveline in such an awesome touring in to a bronzit coupe??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X