Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    That touring looks awesome! Why swap the driveline to the bronzit one?

Nice super early car though - my brother in-law also had a really early '82 318i coupe which ran K-Jet injection the same as the e21?! They must have run out e21 engines to unsuspecting countries that didn't require the cleaner emissions that L-Jet provided.

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    Plans have changed a bit for this project. There was a M60B40 swapped touring in daytona violet with M-Tech interior for sale at a very good price. After checking it out and test driving the piss out of it I came to the conclusion that the swap was done very well and I had to have it!

The plan is to swap all the mechanical bits over to the bronzit early model. The bronzit will keep it's classic style while we transform it into a V8 monster!

The touring came with Porsche brakes, KW V1 Coilovers, e39 540i 6 speed transmission, a locking diff and everything else needed for the transformation!

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    I spent some time refurbishing the leather on the M-Tech 1 and also decided to give it a little twist... Some of the color had worn off the M-Insert at the bottom of the wheel. The original plan was to just replace it with a new insert, but since the car really doesn't embody the "M-Theme" anyway, I decided to try something different. I sanded and polished it until I ended up with a mirror finish. I think it looks pretty good and goes well with the car.

Leave a comment:

• J.White-LT1
    replied
    There's just something about this car that I'm absolutely in love with. I'll have to keep an eye on this build thread for sure.

Leave a comment:

• blizake500
    replied
    nice!

Leave a comment:

• ST1G
    replied
    Gorgeous car. I like the color combo, I think it's a great contrast of colors. The vanilla bronizt, and the exotic cardinal.

Leave a comment:

• blck325is
    replied
    Didn't think I would like the color combo but its pretty damn nice. Keep it up man.

Leave a comment:

• Bimmer_man
    replied
    That cat is amazing and Damn son your garage is amazing. How about an engine pic man. That's just an amazing car. Take great care of it.

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    Thank you for the comments and all the input.

The color combo has really grown on me... it goes perfectly with my over all vision for this car.

I just sourced some black carpet and I'm having the rear shelf wrapped in black fabric as well. With everything put back together, the interior should turn out pretty good... :)

Leave a comment:

• Old city bimmer
    replied
    interesting color combo with the interior swap.

Leave a comment:

• evil-diesel
    replied
    Picked up some fog lights and an MT I wheel in great condition. The missing parts list is almost checked off completely! 👍

Leave a comment:

• Nesset
    replied
    This is just.. Guahhhhhhhhhhh

Leave a comment:

• nickflic3
    replied
    I vote brown but that red is so minty... Sell for profit? lol

Regardless, that is an awesome find!

Leave a comment:

• PapaChris
    replied
    this car has a beautiful simplicity!the new interior look like it came with the car too,suits perfect!

Leave a comment:

• kid8
    replied
    That interior is mint. I think the cardinal looks nice with the bronzit! Keep up the good work, looking good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X