Originally posted by JeLani View Post
    Did you design this?
    Kinda. I was inspired by other members but I had to make my own design

Leave a comment:

• JeLani
    replied
    Did you design this?

Originally posted by modernist View Post
    Hah, yeah! 3.73 makes it a totally different car. To be honest, I'm not completely convinced it's really a 3.73. I'll have to measure with a digital tach -- either mine reads waaaaay high or I was sold a shorter diff than advertised. It was missing the tag when I bought it so who knows. Either way it's a real LSD and it's quiet, so I'm satisfied. It had enough lockup to let me torque down the axle bolts by just putting the car in gear. I replaced the FPR with brand new Bosch last May, so it's good. Aside from a slightly erratic idle and burning some oil, drivability is top notch.

Also, a sign of things to come ... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JeLani
    replied
    Mine's birthday is in the same month as me 3/86 3/97

Originally posted by modernist View Post
    Happy 30th birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Just submitted this to a laser cutter ... just for cheap clear acrylic prototypes.

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Happy 30th birthday!

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Originally posted by e30onBBSs
    Going to use new hardware too
    Nothing like shiny new hardware. One of my favorite things (if that's not obvious yet)

~~~

Labels labels labels labels labels

I lead an exciting life.

Leave a comment:

• e30onBBSs
    replied
    I'm about to swap mine after the winter and was lucky enough to find a medium case 4.10 lsd =)

Going to use new hardware too just like you and the dealer. This car is dope I can't wait to see what's next

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    teehee 😋

Leave a comment:

• fmgutz
    replied
    I just tried a 4.10 lsd in place of my 3.73. It was crazy fun, 5th gear at 75 was revving very high at -/+4,000. But it kept me honest. The fun part is it pulls to 100 very aggressively. I'm going back to my 3.73 for awhile but now I realize the significance of the diff.

Thank you for posting your detailing pictures, very inspiring!! Please keep posting. Best!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jayuuey
    replied
    Wasted spark? Are you going turbo?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Yay, standalone ecu.

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Hah, yeah! 3.73 makes it a totally different car. To be honest, I'm not completely convinced it's really a 3.73. I'll have to measure with a digital tach -- either mine reads waaaaay high or I was sold a shorter diff than advertised. It was missing the tag when I bought it so who knows. Either way it's a real LSD and it's quiet, so I'm satisfied. It had enough lockup to let me torque down the axle bolts by just putting the car in gear. I replaced the FPR with brand new Bosch last May, so it's good. Aside from a slightly erratic idle and burning some oil, drivability is top notch.

Also, a sign of things to come ... :D

Leave a comment:

• jayuuey
    replied
    its funny reading this thread. i pretty much went through all of this in the past year. the 3.73 transforms the car which you've probably noticed by now. another thing that made a big improvement was replacing my FPR with a brand new unit. If your FPR mileage is unknown, it might be worth replacing.

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Nice work, want to come switch out my diff too?

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Great work!

Yes - the 3.73 will transform the car!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X