X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• euro2fast4u
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    So if you had both, would you choose this over a stock B25?
    Originally posted by modernist View Post
    Never actually driven a B25, but considering it didn't lose any torque, and it's fun with a 2.93, I would say yes, I would choose it over a B25. Just conjecture though.
    Honestly i would. With a correctly sized rear end. ~3.5ish it would be great. 2.93 is luggy but you get the great tq down low.

It isnt as rev happy as a 2.5 but its pretty comparable.

and then its a perfect setup for a turbo

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Never actually driven a B25, but considering it didn't lose any torque, and it's fun with a 2.93, I would say yes, I would choose it over a B25. Just conjecture though.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    So if you had both, would you choose this over a stock B25?

Leave a comment:

• euro2fast4u
    replied
    I feel like pretty much every time someone asks about a 2.7i build, someone always says it will be garbage because of the lower compression, even worse than a 2.5, you can't do it without SETA pistons, etc.

It's awesome, haters gonna hate. Skewing information for probably the best mod you can do to an eta.

I'll see how I like the 3.25, this car is mainly going to be a high speed highway cruiser but I guess if 3.25 is too long I can always source a 3.73. Wanna keep some semblance of fuel efficiency. It's fun enough with the 2.93 that I'm not terribly concerned about it.
    thank you!

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Originally posted by brahbarian
    Why do people hate on flat top builds?
    I feel like pretty much every time someone asks about a 2.7i build, someone always says it will be garbage because of the lower compression, even worse than a 2.5, you can't do it without SETA pistons, etc.

It's awesome, haters gonna hate. Skewing information for probably the best mod you can do to an eta.

I'll see how I like the 3.25, this car is mainly going to be a high speed highway cruiser but I guess if 3.25 is too long I can always source a 3.73. Wanna keep some semblance of fuel efficiency. It's fun enough with the 2.93 that I'm not terribly concerned about it.
    Last edited by modernist; 05-19-2015, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brahbarian
    replied
    Update: turns out my valves were way too tight. Adjusted them to 0.012.

This thing is a fucking animal. I got it up to 90 and it was still pulling hard. For all those who hate on flat-top piston builds: 8.4:1 compression is plenty. Even with a 2.93 it's a hoot. Can't wait until I get the 3.25 LSD in it. Wooooooooo!
    Why do people hate on flat top builds?
    Would the "i" pistons on e rods be better?

Leave a comment:

• Andy.B
    replied
    Originally posted by totheredline View Post
    You need a 3.73 :)
    This.

I have a 3.25s in mine and it is too tall.

Leave a comment:

• deeze30
    replied
    Good job man!!!

I'm in the process myself on building a full 2.7i build. Pretty much got all parts together, just been procrastinating... Hehe

Leave a comment:

• totheredline
    replied
    You need a 3.73 :)

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Update: turns out my valves were way too tight. Adjusted them to 0.012.

This thing is a fucking animal. I got it up to 90 and it was still pulling hard. For all those who hate on flat-top piston builds: 8.4:1 compression is plenty. Even with a 2.93 it's a hoot. Can't wait until I get the 3.25 LSD in it. Wooooooooo!

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    I think going from e to I cleans the bay up nicely. Your bay definitely looks cleaner/tidier than the swap I just finished lol.

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Another pretty engine picture, and a before picture. Some difference, huh?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• modernist
    replied
    Haven't driven it much; so far I've noticed that it has eta torque but doesn't stop pulling after 4500. Sounds fierce, loves to rev. Now I know what people mean about M20s being rev happy :)

I'm having idle troubles, though. Specifically, cylinder 6 misfire. Upon cold start, it idles ok for ~20 seconds, then starts misfiring. It revs smooth, pulls hard, and starts almost instantly, but at idle cylinder 6 is missing. Hoping it's the plug wire I spliced to get the cylinder ID sensor on it; ordered a new OEM one. The resistance matched the other plug wires but it could be arcing at the splice. C191 pins check out for continuity.

Exhaust symphony
    Start, idle, and rev

Input appreciated, I'm kind of a noob!

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    So what's your recipe? I am just about to start an M20 build myself!

Congrats on a fine finish, looks great.

Luke

Leave a comment:

• GDA
    replied
    Well done!

Post up some first impressions on the drive characteristics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X