Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M42 Touring -92 // bagged + turbo build thread ** #119 Dyno 593hp/611nm @hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sachs 765 pressure plate, M50/M52/M54S50/S54 light weight flywheel 6kg for 240mm pressure plate and PPF flywheel bolts

also bought type188 lsd 3,23 ratio

my 240mm sachs clutch also came, but once i opened the package i saw this, well hopefully i'll get a new one

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 04:21 AM.
    @ instagram: https://www.instagram.com/krisueh/

sigpic

Comment

Holy nuts this is gonna be cool!
      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

i always wondered about how to fit an m42 turbo manifold in there, surprised the g&t unit doesn't fit
        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Great progress, looking forward to more :up:

Comment

This is really cool. Sometimes I wish I had gone the turbo route instead of buying a 24v...

What are your power goals?
            '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
            '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
              Holy nuts this is gonna be cool!
              thanks man :)

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
              i always wondered about how to fit an m42 turbo manifold in there, surprised the g&t unit doesn't fit
              yeah, it would have fitted with a regular t25 turbocharger, but not t28..

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
              Great progress, looking forward to more :up:
              thanks! slowly but surely! it will probably take me half summer to finish it, but it's getting there!

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
              This is really cool. Sometimes I wish I had gone the turbo route instead of buying a 24v...

What are your power goals?
              thanks! haha ye 16v is the way to go! too many 24v around my town! im trying to get 250-300whp for this summer! but later maybe even more

sigpic

Comment

hi, small update!

sand blasted and painted the brake calibers, also new seals etc..

more sand blasting and paint for rear axle, new strongflex bushings installed!

rear sway bar!

and its there! with new brake lines and the lsd..

rear

front

suspension is starting to be complete! next to do is paint the engine bay and remove unnecessary mountings etc..

sigpic

Comment

Love this build. I have a lachsilber touring too but mine is a 320 and i also own a 318is. I kind of wish my touring was a m40 as I have a spare m42 and would love an m42 touring
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                  :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
                    Love this build. I have a lachsilber touring too but mine is a 320 and i also own a 318is. I kind of wish my touring was a m40 as I have a spare m42 and would love an m42 touring
                    thanks man! :D i got an original 318is too, im driving it daily

sigpic

Comment

finally my engine bay starts looking better, removed unneccesary brackets and all that ugly tectyl, also repaired small rust spots and painted it with air gun!

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 04:22 AM.

sigpic

Comment

awesome look forward to seeing more updates
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                        :shock:

Comment

hey all! something done at garage! oil filter housing got oil pressure adapter. it was a tight fit but it works!

plastic pipe has an- fitting now, waterfeed to turbo. there was orginally heater plate for the M42 throttle body from there.

engine bay getting some stuff back there! also battery relocation done!

i moved my airtank and compressors a bit to make those touring hatches fully open.

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 04:22 AM.

sigpic

Comment

some dei engineering heat wrap, also egt sensor there!

also vag coils with integrated amplifier

1100cc injectors, had to use the original fuel rail because my nuke performance didn't fit with original intake manifold. well some day i'll make/find a plenum for it!

starting to look like an engine

new clutch finally came, it took over a month but i have some problems now with my flywheel. here is an image where my clutch will stay if i use this flywheel. it won't go further in the transmission bore. i might need to buy a new flywheel and sell this one or machine my tranny -10mm. to make the clutch fully go to the tranny axle!

Last edited by krisu; 07-21-2017, 04:23 AM.

sigpic

Comment

great build! love how it's coming together.

Comment

Love all the new hotside bits, the exhaust wrap looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X