Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M42 Touring -92 // bagged + turbo build thread ** #119 Dyno 593hp/611nm @hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaker
    replied
    Let me know how you like the Davies Craig water pump setup. I am planning to use the same pump for my E36 K series swap turbo motor. Also, that surge tank is designed to be mounted vertically. I don't know how effective it will be mounted the way you have it.

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Got to be one of the most serious M42s on the planet

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Update from garage, exhaust manifold and downpipe got wrapped, had to modify turbo heat shield a little bit so it fits nicely! used some steel wire so it doesnt unravel.

Injectors, Ignition coils, spark plugs etc back to car! spark plugs are bcpr bcpr7es. Injectors 2200cc ev14, im going to drive with RE85.

Oil drain for turbo stainless steel PTFE teflon hose, same for oil feed.

Both oil and water pump are now in place. AN10 hose from oil pump to cooler and back to oil pan. Oil cooler is mounted on front of the car, kinda jdm looka like lmao, but i like it. i think you will probably hate or love it, it will definitely divide opinions.

To do list is getting short. Some electrics and throttle cable to be done and oils into engine and then getting ready for first start!

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Holy Perkele!!

Im jealous how much room you have in the engine bay. Nice car!
    Haha, yeah i got alot of space to work on! 4 bangers are nice because of that! But i still feel like its getting tight in some areas.

Leave a comment:

• pandaboo911
    replied
    Holy Perkele!!

Im jealous how much room you have in the engine bay. Nice car!

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Originally posted by krisu View Post

Im going to use 2200cc injectors with E85 obviously, walbro 450 should be capable to +600hp aswell as original fuel pipes and an6 lines..
    Ah OK. I'm looking at probably 1200cc injectors, I've already got a Walbro 460 so that should be fine. Beautiful, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Originally posted by econti View Post
    Do you rate the Nuke rail? What injectors are you using? Bout to start doing fuel system on mine
    Im going to use 2200cc injectors with E85 obviously, walbro 450 should be capable to +600hp aswell as original fuel pipes and an6 lines..

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Do you rate the Nuke rail? What injectors are you using? Bout to start doing fuel system on mine

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Also exhaust manifold and downpipe almost done, just need to wrap them up again with some exhaust heat wrap. manifold has now v band for the exhaust housing for easy installation, i will never go back to bolt flanges again! wastegate is also welded on the exhaust housing, i think it was best decision for the smooth flow of exhaust to wg. i might need to go for polyurethane motor mounts, but we will see..

Plenum arrived, it was a custom job i bought it from one small company VK-tuning in Finland. Small modifications and it fitted really well. Had to weld the throttlebody to different angle aswell as the last curve. no big deal!

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    Hey all, radium engineering fuel surge tank from usa, it has 450 lph walbro e85 fuel pump inside it. hopefully it will be enough for my goals, pictures installed on car spare wheel area.

some other goods ready to be installed too, davies craig ewp 150 water pump to help on the cooling. i will try to leave the original water pump there aswell.

Mocal eop2 oil pump for oil cooling setup. both water and oil pumps are going to be pwm controlled.

#staysafe

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Congrats on the feature! Those photos are great.

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Your car is stunning in every way

Leave a comment:

• krisu
    replied
    hi all, have not used the forum since it got updated, my bad! here is some photos from last septembers performance bmw magazine, my car got featured! i will update soon how the build is going atm in garage!

these are the last photos from old setup, pictures taken by Jape Tiitinen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190907_150127.jpg?img=medium.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	9910494

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    great work! look forward to the new turbo!

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Beautiful port work, very interested to see how the maxspeedingrods go

Leave a comment:

Working...
X