Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
    And Brabus wheels...

I second this... I wish I had the cheese I'd get them for my 500 :D:D:D

Would look so proper on your whip Simon

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Very nice I actually always liked that version of the C. I still to this day consider a nice S class from that era as a daily. So many cool cars that are so cheap to buy right now.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

So I finally had a chance to install the front struts. We didn't quite have time or the tools to do the rear. It feels pretty tight right now, can't wait to get the back done, but I need the proper spring compressor.

Starting to look sharper

Mr Burgundy helped get me the new strut caps and bearings. Pics of the parts slowly coming together

edit: hopefully it will settle down a little more, we'll see
        Last edited by 2mAn; 03-11-2017, 06:21 PM.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The Daily Bitch: my 08 C350

Finally was able to get the rear installed. I didn't have the correct spring compressor so I let my friend deal with it along with the Service B that was due.

The overall look doesn't look too lowered but it sits nice and handles pretty damn good with the H&R springs with the AMG struts and shocks. Im pretty much done now except for the magnaflow x-pipe and probably some tint on the windows.

I still have the 15mm rear spring pads so I can go a little lower in the back if I want but I think I'll just leave it alone.

Here's a fun side by side of the AMG rear shocks vs the sport setup. Much larger tubes and much tighter valving

Edit: didn't want to bump the thread because this bitch is gone. It was ok but I have a better Daily in mind now that the aluminum monster is sold too
          Last edited by 2mAn; 08-02-2017, 08:17 PM.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

As you have probably figured out by now, I have a problem with cars. While not as bad as some (looking at you Julien), I definitely have a problem.

I've been trying to get a nice daily driver forever but my desire to modify and personalize cars tends to suck more money than I always plan to spend. This, combined with some other issues that popped up over the last year and I was looking to simplify into one car that sucks all the cash rather than two. Originally the plan was to sell both the E30 and the Roadster and dump all that money into a Cayman.

However, as life would have it, just after I sold the E30 and was looking at the reality of selling the Roadster I was hesitant to do that after spending nearly all of 2019 working on making it true to its potential. Within a few days of that a few other things happened and it became obvious the Cayman wasnt going to happen now...

So the mission was to find something that I would enjoy driving, but would have limited potential so that the desire to modify would be minimal. My buddy has been DDing a Mini Cooper for a while now and I quite enjoyed it. Its new enough that I dont have any smog headaches to worry about, its not the supercharged one so no point in trying to make it fast because it never will be, but its light enough that the 115bhp was good enough. Went and saw this one and was sold. Kinda wanted a 05ish one with the Getrag transmission, but loved the one I found, even with its flaws... so here it is!

Notice the missing a-pillar trim. More on that soon...

Our ~40 mile drive back from Upland and I was grinning from ear to ear.

Once home, I had a list of things I wanted to address. First was the A-pillar trim, I decided to buy a brand new one and dealt with that. realoem is still in play which is great

Notice the assortment of incorrect hardware that was removed from the broken trim. Fixing things that dumbass previous owners have done...

With that addressed, the next thing was the mismatched tires. The two in front were different than the two in back, and all were old... I searched and searched and ultimately decided on another set of stock Mini wheels that had good Michelin Pilot Sports. Went and got them... They all fit in the Mini. Love hatchbacks!

Im diggin this look with no center caps (didnt include them anyways) and some less white is a good thing.

This is basically the look going forward, unless for some reason the SSRs find their way back to me. Im not anticipating it because the new owner loves them and I think its time for me to move on... but should they pop up!... haha

The (hopefully) short list is to do some basic maintenance, make it handle a little better (already bought a Eibach rear swaybar) and that is probably it. A few other things too, but nothing wild. No engine builds, no crazy mods. Just DD goodness... until further notice!
            Last edited by 2mAn; 03-18-2020, 11:37 AM.
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

• 2mAn
              2mAn commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, the Dumb Ass Previous Owner headaches continue... the oil leak coming from the drain plug has proven to be worse than expected...

The solution?

• 2mAn
              2mAn commented
              Editing a comment
              The fun car is gone now, so the Mini is filling in that dept too...

Drove up to Newcombs Ranch with my Datsun Roadster buddies, but we basically left them behind and the oddballs were up front. 2 Minis, a 914-6 and an Imp with a flat BMW motorcycle engine swapped in...

Needed one of these shots so I stopped by myself on the way back down the mountain.

i think the drain plug is still leaking, though not as bad as before... not sure I want to deal with swapping oil pans. I finally have my Eibach rear sway bar so I really want to install that first. And maybe someday that B&M short shifter

• 2mAn
              2mAn commented
              Editing a comment
              Heres a pic from about a month ago that I never posted. Did another run up to Newcombs Ranch with the Mini and the 914 guys. That was fun. Also, being LA and all, theres a famous Hollywood type whos into cars from some Fast & Furious movies. High 5 to whoever can spot him

oh and I sold it too... :)

Bumping this because I want a C63 now... please talk me out of it
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Bumping this because I want a C63 now... please talk me out of it
              I also want a C63, hold the turbos please. You should buy one. I once drove one in VA at over 130 in the pouring rain while eating an ice cream, it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I also want a C63, hold the turbos please. You should buy one. I once drove one in VA at over 130 in the pouring rain while eating an ice cream, it was fun.
                I hope it was hands free ice cream. Otherwise that would just be irresponsible.

Comment

Yea the NA 63 with the 6.2L motor lol... I think my wife’s driving record will prevent it from happening.

BTW you guys give terrible advice. I want a C63 AND Ice Cream now...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

I hope it was hands free ice cream. Otherwise that would just be irresponsible.
                    Let's say yes, and not talk about doing nearly six times the speed limit in Alexandria in a different car the next weekend.

Yea the NA 63 with the 6.2L motor lol... I think my wife’s driving record will prevent it from happening.

BTW you guys give terrible advice. I want a C63 AND Ice Cream now...
                    My signature should say "Don't listen to me." However, I think most of you know this.

Comment

Nice! I know people hate on Mini's but I love them.

Comment

I enjoyed it, the MR2 will fill the daily duties for up to 6 months and then I need another sedan again. I figured that rather than make a million threads about my cars, to combine the non-E30 daily drivers into this one thread.

Tempted to get a w201 190D so I can be smog exempt but those old diesels are slow, loud and stinky... a perfect excuse to swap it
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I enjoyed it, the MR2 will fill the daily duties for up to 6 months and then I need another sedan again. I figured that rather than make a million threads about my cars, to combine the non-E30 daily drivers into this one thread.

Tempted to get a w201 190D so I can be smog exempt but those old diesels are slow, loud and stinky... a perfect excuse to swap it
                          That would be a cool swap!

I always thought it would be fun to have one of these with an updated suspension and engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MERCEDES-BENZ-300-00.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	9946383
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	MERCEDES-BENZ-300-07.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	9946384

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

That would be a cool swap!

this is place is where to blow your budget...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Damn!!!!!! That New-Tech SL is on my list. I wonder how much cash I'll need on my end with my 84 ETA trade in?
                              sigpic84 325e

Comment

Working...
                              X