Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. Nice!!

That's the MTech 1 front bumper.
    1990 325i
    2004 330i Individual 6-speed
    sigpic

Comment

dooooood
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Cool dadmobile.

Comment

I predict e46m3 touring conversion in 3 months haha
          sigpic

Comment

Yep. You totally got the one I thought you did.

Well done.

psst e46m3touring whispers ppst pst
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

If the MR2 gets sold ... well..... who knows... especially if I dont feel confident in this M54B30. However, I would much rather leave this dad-mobile as-is and have a toy in the garage
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

nice touring!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  If the MR2 gets sold ... well..... who knows... especially if I dont feel confident in this M54B30. However, I would much rather leave this dad-mobile as-is and have a toy in the garage
                  That's the logical choice for sure, either way, good addition to the stable.
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Really nice touring and color.

I got a brand new eBay header for a E46 m54 I learned later it doesn't work on a E30 swap.
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I friggin love my E46 wagon. Mine's an xi. Excellent choice. I even love mine with the M54B25. Will probably swap in the 3.0 some day, I just don't ever see myself parting with it. Same color as mine too. If I were you I'd upgrade to the sport seats if you can find some. Mine was manual, full sport package, with manual-adjust heated sport seats, and KNOBS for the hvac controls. Never seen one like it but pretty sure you can swap it all in if you wanted!

Here's mine carrying two patio tables, 8 chairs, and a full E30 exhaust.. in style. You will learn to trust the M54. Mine has been flawless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	z4ugwtX.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	9958281
                      Last edited by betz; 10-30-2020, 08:49 AM.
                      '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
                      2000 Porsche Boxster
                      2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
                      1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Ignoring the smog, I decided I’ll move forward with a small stereo upgrade. Seller included a CD53 and I planned to pair this with a BlueBus adapter so after a fun classified experience selling the Cassette player I went and installed the CD53 today.

It was totally straightforward until it came time to plug everything back in... looks like the antenna connection is missing from the CD53, or am I blind?...

CD player works and while the CD changer is still installed for now that works also, but radio can’t find a single station, so hopefully there’s a simple solution.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Ignoring the smog, I decided I’ll move forward with a small stereo upgrade. Seller included a CD53 and I planned to pair this with a BlueBus adapter so after a fun classified experience selling the Cassette player I went and installed the CD53 today.

It was totally straightforward until it came time to plug everything back in... looks like the antenna connection is missing from the CD53, or am I blind?...

CD player works and while the CD changer is still installed for now that works also, but radio can’t find a single station, so hopefully there’s a simple solution.
                          Isnt that it in black on the left bottom side? The CD43 has a different antenna connector and there is an adapter for it. I upgraded mine on my old E46.

New and Used BMW Parts, Diagnostic Equipement, and Repair Services
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Isnt that it in black on the left bottom side? The CD43 has a different antenna connector and there is an adapter for it. I upgraded mine on my old E46.

https://www.bavtekinc.com/parts/61126913957
                            Thanks for that!

That conversion looks like it has an extra piece I don’t need, which from my internet searching is if I also have flat pins on the CD53 which luckily I don’t. I guess I just need that adapter piece.

~$30 looks 5x better than $150 lol
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Thanks for that!

That conversion looks like it has an extra piece I don’t need, which from my internet searching is if I also have flat pins on the CD53 which luckily I don’t. I guess I just need that adapter piece.

Yes, 61 12 6 913 955 is the part you need or you can use two Metra adapters in series....I posted the p/n's over on E46F.

MJ

Comment

Thanks for that!

Yea depending on which one you have you only need antenna, mine was a 2000 so I needed both.
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X