Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2mAns Daily Driver Thread - who knows what it is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like a good solution. Now you can enjoy it for 1.5 years before deciding to sell or keep it.

Comment

So, in 6mo you'll sell it to someone not in CA.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Mini Update: I reached out to the BAR because theres a program that Im trying to take advantage of. Basically with the failed smog and the subsequent work done, I can get a one-time pass on the smog. I still have to take it in and get another failed smog but once thats done I can take all my paperwork to the Referee and I will get the pass. Good news because I can finally register the car in my name, get my tags and kick the can down "2 years" which technically is only 1.5 years away at this point... so thats good at least
        Duuuuuuuude. Register in a no smog county.
        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post

Duuuuuuuude. Register in a no smog county.
          Once the cars in my name ;)

Still holding on to some hope that I can get this done without the exception, but also preparing my plan of attack for this last step. First was to again confirm where the problem seems to lie. I couldnt sleep last night (pre-daddy prep?) so I decided to leave at 3am to go for another Drive Cycle, but with the OBD Fusion app fired up. Here are the screenshots of the drive in the 20-30mph phase, the 40-60 phase and the after while sitting at idle. Also added one while driving home at a quicker pace. All shows the same issue with that one o2 sensor reading

That single o2 sensor seems to be the troublemaker. As much as I hate to believe it, the new o2 could be a bust. Im going to swap the post-cat o2's and see if the troublemaker moves to the other bank. If it does, I will have the shop replace that one o2, do another official drive cycle on their Dyno followed by a smog. Either way, Im done after that. Hopefully we are actually able to solve the problem, but if not Ive dumped enough money and failed the two smogs that I need to before I can get the exception.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My immediate thought is it's related to the battery situation you had a couple pages back. How many miles have you drive since then?

Happened to me when I went to smog my 2003 Z4, which was also a M54B30 with manual trans. ECU got reset and it passed smog minus some of the sensors "not ready". They gave me the car back and said go drive 150 miles and come back for the retest and your certificate. Ended up taking closer to 250 miles for it finally to be "ready", but then immediately passed. IMO, jsut drive it some more.

Also, there wasnt any amount of special driving I had to do, as you're seeming to reference. I basically did it all in two 125 mile freeway trips and a small amount of city driving.
            2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
            1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
            1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

I’ve driven over 1200 miles since the day1 surprise. At this point I’m leaning more towards a faulty o2, as I feel like most new parts are basically hit & miss.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

O2 sensors are also somewhat vulnerable to impact damage, so of all the car parts out there to suffer invisible shipping damage they'd be high on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  O2 sensors are also somewhat vulnerable to impact damage, so of all the car parts out there to suffer invisible shipping damage they'd be high on the list.
                  +1 or it could be a cheap knock-off part, etc.

Comment

Yea the DAPO claims that all 4 were Bosch units, but no paperwork to back it up. Hopeful this will get me over the hurdle
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

bro you're a glutton for punishment with all these pos piles you keep buying. all of them are terrible no joke

just pay a chick at a s&m dungeon its more fun and way cheaper :)

06' Black Cayman S

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Silver Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by mariano_is_my_hero View Post
                        bro you're a glutton for punishment with all these pos piles you keep buying. All of them are terrible no joke

just pay mr. Burgundy's girlfriend its more fun and way cheaper :)
                        ftfy

Comment

Just wait and see what I might trade the MR2 for!.. at least it will be smog exempt but ...

Also: The Touring rips with the M54 and its good for baby hauling... so

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Just wait and see what I might trade the MR2 for!.. at least it will be smog exempt but ...
                            Two stroke motorcycle? A boat? Maybe an e-bike with child trailer?

Comment

Sticking with his S&M tendencies.... I say 2008 Tesla roadster with a bad battery.

Comment

my gf will fuck you for sure

jk im all alone
                                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                                Q
                                :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Working...
                                X