No announcement yet.

the black plague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long but not so long update, never finished the car, traded it for a e36, drove the e36 for a year and got the e30 bug. Picked up a shell off my friend that he had a 302 put in. And been chipping away at it the last 8ish months. Picked it up as a roller with just a a interior really. No brake lines/fuel lines/front end etc. and here it is at it sits today. It’s ratty but it’s fun and mostly complete. I know this description sorta sucks but I haven’t really been trying to post it just sorta been picking away Anywho here’s a pic of how it sits now, it’s got all new brake lines, calipers, full condor catalog, Akg shifter/dssr/zf/3.73’d etc. I might go more in depth later this week. But I literally got the hardware for the front end as I was typing this. Thanks all for checking in lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Long update post, I guess. Been driving the car pretty much everyday since the swap was completed. Picked up a E46 wagon to daily and just didn't stop driving the e30. Car hasn't really changed much. Overall this was my first time ever really going through the works on something like this. But i'm happy. I'd eventually like to reshell the car at some point. But i'm happy, it runs, it drives, and makes me smile.

After not being able to find a luxor door, I ended up ordering some wrap, it's coming out horrible, but i got enough to do the car twice. So it'll eventually come out nice.

Anywho, I eventually like to stroke out the B28 and run a s54 itb setup. I know it it's not financially the most bang for your buck. but it's a thing i've always wanted to do. I know there is sorta no order to this thread but i'll get there eventually. As of now, I sold the rsi manifold, headstuds, and tial gate setup i had for this. Stay tuned for my yearly update.

Here's how it sits now.

Comment

Originally posted by Swoozley Macklin View Post
        After not being able to find a luxor door, I ended up ordering some wrap, it's coming out horrible, but i got enough to do the car twice. So it'll eventually come out nice.
        Thats the attitude
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well, another small update.
          Sold the car like a idiot. New owner re-did the wrap and put about 100 miles on it and parked it.
          there's a bunch of small things I want to change/address.
          -Hubs are screaming for life
          -wanna put carpet back into it, either grey or black, as well as matching cards
          - late bumper conversion
          -headlights
          -send the car off to just get bombed
          -steering wheel
          -suspension and so fourth
          -wheels
          -windshield
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          But i'm happy to get the car back, should've never sold it but hey, i'm a idiot sometimes.
          Overall i put the car together really quick, and wanna address some things that might've got skipped while building it.
          I'll give the car credit, it has never left me stranded, or on the side of the road and beat the car to hell all summer. So i guess it's time to refresh this heep.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	306228710_6128123133870595_2594747210896005446_n.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	10068991
          Attached Files

Comment

quaterly? update?
            - Set some of the fuse box? on fire, was wiring in a fan to a relay/switch and did a big oopsie of letting the constant 12V red hot touch some metal after not putting it back. egos a bit hurt, cars a bit hurt. damage doesn't look to bad from what I looked at yesterday. Hoping it isn't to much of a mess at the S232 splice and up further (hoping so bc it seems to be in it's own insulation till the it comes out by the fuse box ​. Should be this months task. I have a whole fuse box / harness out of another car already. So if its no horrible gonna try patch it back
            Other than that a few minor updates
            - New fag bearings outback/Da whole shabang
            - Put a new windshield in
            - Got two new wheels for the front ( other two next month )
            - bought my sedan shell back and took the bumpers off it, the back is destroyed but gonna try to fix it.still trying to bring this back to life, but i work on it in quarterly spirts. ​

Comment

Another small update.
              - Ground control / koni adjustables installed, car rides soooooooooo much better
              - bolted in passanger seat / seat-belt.
              - put the back bumper kinda on
              - threw the back wheels on
              - picked up a set of IE sways 25f/22r and a new reinforced front subframe, still need to install
              - traded a e36 i had for some hotside parts, not sure if they'll ever make it on the car.
              - ordered up the rageitparts removeable front support, been waiting on usps for two weeks now (it made it 99 percent of the way, then went back across the county)
              -scored some late exterior trim pc's gonna wait for body work (hopefully soon?)
              - FINALLLLLLY off sealed beams, junkyard find scored some black kick panels as well.
              I bought a 96? accord to start to daily, So i can start to dedicate some more "free" time to the e30, it's been on daily duty for a few months now. Finally able to retire it for now lol.
              Overall I built this thing about three years ago in my parents driveway, and it's still a learning process. i've had my up's and downs with the car, but i don't think i'll be able to stop chipping away at it. i'm happy with it, it's not the prettiest, but damn does it make me smile. it's never really left me stranded yet *knock on wood*

i'll be around in a few months for the 1/4ly / yearly update

Comment

Sold and bought back, that's how you know the car was meant to be in your hands.

Neat that you can buy a removable core support kit now. Had to figure out mine from scratch.

What happened with your wiring short issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                  Sold and bought back, that's how you know the car was meant to be in your hands.

Neat that you can buy a removable core support kit now. Had to figure out mine from scratch.

What happened with your wiring short issue?
                  Honestly, i'm not to entirely sure. my gut says i was just being dumb doing the wiring with the battery hooked up and just shorted. lesson learned, I haven't had any other gremlins since yet... Panici, your car as always been kinda a look to for inspiration from time to time. ( i lurk waaaaay more then i post ) One day it'll hopefully look as nice. I wanna tackle the front end/subframe at the same time. so that'll be the next big thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Swoozley Macklin View Post
                    Panici, your car as always been kinda a look to for inspiration from time to time. ( i lurk waaaaay more then i post ) One day it'll hopefully look as nice. I wanna tackle the front end/subframe at the same time. so that'll be the next big thing.
                    Very kind of you to say! 🙂
                    I'm lucky to have found something I'm so passionate about in life.

Comment

Uh, not much of a update. Bought a parts car to reshell mine (kinda). No title, so it's getting cut up. Ripping pretty much all the body parts off of it, fenders, hood, doors, trim, trunk yada yada. So it'll be somewhat one color. Updates to come, hopefully the next set of pictures my car is half red lol.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Swoozley Macklin; 04-15-2024, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Ooo nice!
                        Parts car projects are one of my favourites.

Helps keep costs down and is a ton of fun.
                        My ex-wife had a MK4 Jetta 1.8T which I kept going after her repeated crashes using a parts car. Had the whole front clip swapped over by the end.
                        Plus my E36 Canyongrun project!

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                          Ooo nice!
                          Parts car projects are one of my favourites.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9234.jpg Views:	16 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	10118503​​
                          Last edited by Swoozley Macklin; 04-18-2024, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I am still trying to figure out pictures, but this is a before with the old hood.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9219.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	10118755

Not much of a update, car threw a P0340. Will run either like a bag of dicks, or like nothing is even wrong. (down on power, almost like a limp mode?) but its intermittent. I put a new oem CAM senor in it about 3? years ago, but also threw a delphi crank senor in. Hoping it's just the oe crank vs oem. Started to act up on the way to a funeral. Limped car home, and parked it for the week. gonna try to diag when doing the rest of the body stuff this weekend. Anywho some good news, my good friend got a nice e30 finally. I gave him my old caged shell, and an early sedan shell (pictured behind kinda) about a year ago and it gave him the bug. He just picked this thing up, his plans are to just keep it until his first born can drive it, But i was amazing for what he got it for, he really paid for the bbs's and airbag setup on it and got the e30 for free in a sense.. Next update won't be till
                              1) red of red panels are on
                              2) i figure this damn P0340.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Swoozley Macklin; 04-18-2024, 08:44 AM. Reason: fix typos, still missing a few most likely.

Comment

The original cam sensors typically die from the wire insulation rotting away and the wires shorting together, giving messed up signal.
                                If it shorts the 5V to ground, it can mess up the 5V rail in the ECU. Since it worked for a while, I hope it isn't that issue, but with a new OE cam sensor I don't know why it would throw that code.

Surprising the delphi crank sensor worked, but it's just a hall sensor so it's probably not as picky about it.

If you have an INPA install, you can see live crank/cam position info that should help to rule out one or the other.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X