• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    Whattabump.
    hehe

Patrick - IG:niicknac
    RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Since this got bumped, I'm pretty sure this car went to the crusher. I have the coilovers off of it.

Comment

the green is what happens naturally to copper through the aging process, it normally takes years to turn full on green and depends on the exact composition of the copper, newer copper can turn anything from bronze to a white ish green

using urine speeds up the patina/aging process, ive heard using cow urine is the best but human urine is obviously a lot easier to get
        1987 325ic
        2001 996tt
        2000 996c2 vert
        2008 b7 s4
        2008 ml550

Comment

Why would someone take this to the crusher? I thought this would catch on and everyone would be doing it by now. I'd like to do it on my 1949 Ford. Does anyone know where to get the paint?

Comment

Holy thread bump batman.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Since I was curious to see more pics of this, I google'd some...

1990 BMW E30 318is | 1989 Mercedes-Benz S124 250TD

Comment

10 year old thread??? I am a OEM+ car guy for the most part but have always liked this car. :up:

COTM

Comment

I've remembered it all of this time because I've been expecting it to become more common. It didn't happen. Now I want to do it myself. (not on an E30 - don't worry) I hope I don't have to re-invent the process.

Comment

The process is easy. The copper paint is a specialty paint finish. Check out Porter's Paints:

Because it's a flat finish, you can even apply it with a brush or roller if you like & it'll come up ok. There's how to videos in the link.
                    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Sucks that got crushed...:(
                      sigpic
                      Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                      1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                      Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

Working...
                      X