Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another for the Collection - Mtech 2 Vert S50!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeenyus
    replied
    It's amazing how the mtech kit makes a vert look so much better. Great work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    She's been my daily for the last week, fingers crossed but not one issue yet :D

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Damn crazy you guys got that to work, must have given the pipe a little love tap huh. In my situation it was hitting the sway bar and even after partially removing the sway bar it was making contact with the subrame.. plus touching the lollipop bushing. It wasn't looking good but the exhaust guy did one hell of a job, I was even able to keep my exhaust heat shield for the lollipop which most people take off it seems.

In other news though I got the O2 sensor installed. She drives great, put on about 60 miles so far.

Leave a comment:

• Mwishlist
    replied
    Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
    Couldn't be happier with the exhaust work. Came out beautiful. For the future swap guys, it's 100% impossible to bolt factory S50 down pipes to factory S50 manifolds. I need to get a new O2 sensor, the one off my S50 exhaust system was corroded and unfortunately the exhaust guy couldn't save it when he tried to un screw it from the pipe's.

-Custom angled stock S50 down pipes
    -Factory e30 cat
    -Factory e30 muffler
    This is exactly what I did except with a Scorpion e30 muffler set up after the stock cat. I heard the same thing about losing ponies but its a convertible, I'm not tracking it and the S52 is plenty of HP for me. The Scorpion sounds really nice, close to stock levels, no drone and a nice tone.

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    Nice, can’t wait to see it!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus View Post
    I did on mine and then went to BAR..

took about 5mm of clearance on the subframe, THR lollipops, and no sway bar, but, it bolted up.
    same x2 this is what I had on mine, but with a swaybar

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    For the future swap guys, it's 100% impossible to bolt factory S50 down pipes to factory S50 manifolds.
    I did on mine and then went to BAR..

took about 5mm of clearance on the subframe, THR lollipops, and no sway bar, but, it bolted up.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    You know, originally I was going to run a single 2.5” exhaust system from the down pipes back but decided against it (even though I had ordered all the parts!). I ended up returning everything I ordered and glad I did. The factory stuff is just such better quality..

Rather than using a single 2.5” pipe system the car now has duel 1.75” from the down pipes back. It’s definitely a sleeper look :D. Maybe one day I’ll look into finding a complete e36 exhaust system but it’s nice that all the hangers and stuff line up perfectly using the e30 system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• clarkson
    replied
    Great work! And sleeper mode with the factory e30 cat and rear muffler. You will be sacrificing some ponies with that setup but I'm sure there is plenty to spare!
    The advantage is you can hear yourself think in the car, ie talk hands free on your phone in the car, no droning and no cop bait.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Couldn't be happier with the exhaust work. Came out beautiful. For the future swap guys, it's 100% impossible to bolt factory S50 down pipes to factory S50 manifolds. I need to get a new O2 sensor, the one off my S50 exhaust system was corroded and unfortunately the exhaust guy couldn't save it when he tried to un screw it from the pipe's.

-Custom angled stock S50 down pipes
    -Factory e30 cat
    -Factory e30 muffler

You can see the stock e36 exhaust bracket off the trans welded to e30 cat's down pipes (you can also see the stock e30 exhaust bracket tab not being used, originally bolted to the stock e30 automatic transmission.)

Leave a comment:

• ethirtysix36
    replied
    I've had a few PM's about that bracket already so I might as well just answer it openly. Custom made from steel, might consider making a few though for R3v with enough interest.
    I would be interested.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by ethirtysix36 View Post
    Did you have this custom made? Are you selling these or do you a rough sketch of how you made it? Was also looking into how to mount mine.

I've had a few PM's about that bracket already so I might as well just answer it openly. Custom made from steel, might consider making a few though for R3v with enough interest.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    So not much has changed but I do have an appointment with the exhaust shop this Wednesday. Going to have her towed over before work and most likely come in/ clock in late but it'll be worth it. Pictures to come of my exhaust set up once it's done.

In other words seeing that this engine swap is damn near completed, the only sane thing to do would be to buy another car in need of a new engine. Don't worry about me because I just did that so I should be fine. 1992 525iT with like 260k? Can't remember. She has a rod knock and needs some love. I started a little build thread in the 5 series section on R3v.

Leave a comment:

• ethirtysix36
    replied
    Did you have this custom made? Are you selling these or do you a rough sketch of how you made it? Was also looking into how to mount mine.

Leave a comment:

• KIRIEIW
    replied
    Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
    I cannot tell you how important it is that you are detailing the small, critical steps involved in doing this swap. The preventive maintenance, installation tips and inevitable "goof-ups", are all part of the journey. Thank you.

Thanks man, just want to do the cleanest job I'm capable of doing and share the story behind it to help others int he future :D.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X