Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betz
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words! I'm really liking how the car drives too, it feels very OEM+, totally dailyable, but fun and exciting at the same time. I'm wanting to put new AC in it cus I just want to drive it all the time haha.

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    did that crank spacer have to be machined out of a specific alloy?
    I do not recall the exact alloy, but I told the machinist to use something with similar thermal expansion properties as the forged steel on the crank. I remember it being just a higher grade steel. Really anything that's not a mild steel would probably be fine. Something like SAE 1045.

Leave a comment:

• Ludwig
    replied
    Wow, you‘re doing an awesome job with that car! I really like how you did the seats, shift and handbrake boot!

Leave a comment:

• pharow
    replied
    Enjoyed reading, and looking through this. I wish I had the time, money, and patience to do a proper build. Good job!

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    did that crank spacer have to be machined out of a specific alloy?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    that could look factory with a little paint on the AFM adapter and more OEM looking clamps

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Getting impatient here waiting for my MAF PCB to come in, however I understand Mr. Squid Man added some last minute features that should be worth the delay.
    In the meantime I tried fitting my MAF to the factory airbox with reasonable success!

I used one of those AFM --> cone filter adapters you can find on Amazon or eBay, shaved the bottom of it so it would fit the factory airbox. Then a 3" silicone hose that I cut down so it would retain approximately the same length as the AFM. A little jankeddy, but it works! Now I can run either the cone filter or the factory airbox. Sweet.

Leave a comment:

• sampayne
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    What's the deal with the ICV delete? Do you just have to hold the throttle open until it warms up? Idk if i'm about that life lol, I'm usually already late enough to work in the morning.
    Haha I feel that.

I usually give it some revs, 1500 rpm or so, for like 10 seconds. Just to get a little oil pressure and heat through the engine. It'll start and idle without touching the throttle though. Fully warmed up I have the idle set at 700 rpm, and when its cold it'll idle at around 500. Understandable if you don't want to set it up like that, but it does work fine.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by sampayne View Post
    That MAF looks really nice in there. I have a similar setup for the m30 AFM.

I also ran into the issue of IVC plumbing and just deleted it all together. Couldn't justify the price for one of the fancy
    silicone boots with the port built in. Cars runs really well without the ICV. Not sure if you're into that, but it's doable.

Can't wait to see how it runs with the MAF, very cool!
    What's the deal with the ICV delete? Do you just have to hold the throttle open until it warms up? Idk if i'm about that life lol, I'm usually already late enough to work in the morning

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    That looks great! Stock elbow and stock airbox means nobody will ever notice and you won’t have to make any changes on this side when it’s time to smog
    I usually just undo the ICV and throttle body, undo the two airbox nuts and pull the whole sucker out lol. With the M30 AFM I don't like fussing with the elbow on that side. Don't want to have to heat it up again to put it back on.

Leave a comment:

• sampayne
    replied
    That MAF looks really nice in there. I have a similar setup for the m30 AFM.

I also ran into the issue of IVC plumbing and just deleted it all together. Couldn't justify the price for one of the fancy
    silicone boots with the port built in. Car runs really well without the ICV. Not sure if you're into that, but it's doable.

Can't wait to see how it runs with the MAF, very cool!
    Last edited by sampayne; 08-17-2018, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    That looks great! Stock elbow and stock airbox means nobody will ever notice and you won’t have to make any changes on this side when it’s time to smog

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Test fitting MAF and custom intake. Will have some trouble with the ICV I suspect. Will try to use stock elbow.

I think the MAF actually ends up in a pretty good spot for fitting the stock airbox. I'll try and see if I can make that work.
    Last edited by betz; 08-16-2018, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    how far below the lollipop bracket do the collectors go ?
    I haven't measured it, but eyeballing it it's about 1/2"-3/4". They're about as tight as you could get to the body while still being able to fit the V-band clamps.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    how far below the lollipop bracket do the collectors go ?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post
    That's the stock cat mated up to the headers? Decided I'm sticking with the M20 in my car and getting a set of IE headers from a friend, will be looking for something like this.
    No, it's this cat mated up to the headers. And they are the IE headers. BTW, not so easy to fit, I had to drop the sway bar and do 4-5-6 before 1-2-3. But the fitment overall is great, just that long tube headers are.. long. lol

Looks like the PCB's are getting assembled and tested now. Should be hearing from the squidmaster soon.

Also decided to also start a side project, converting my Outback XT into a Legacy GT. Basically, remove all the subframe spacers, swap some suspension components, the driveshaft, shift linkages, and steering rack. Should be cool.

Leave a comment:

• Aufbau Principle
    replied
    That's the stock cat mated up to the headers? Decided I'm sticking with the M20 in my car and getting a set of IE headers from a friend, will be looking for something like this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X