X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post

The question is... tow it to the exhaust shop, or drive it VERY loudly. lmao
    drive it of course. its the right thing to do because it will force you to drive fast

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    theres a M20B32 being sold locally... Im trying to resist because I want a 2.8... and I need Bens help with containing my excitement
    Idk man, he builds the 3.2 but he can't seem to remove the yellow stuff off the intake manifold. I think you could do better yourself ;D

I'm putting in my new dash in today. I'm also picking up some parts this weekend... a bavrest M30 AFM and the full stock 325i exhaust. Also picking up some style 42's for the E36.

My plan is to have an entire stock exhaust at the ready for smog just in case... so I can do whatever I want with my real exhaust ;)

Worked out the long tube headers at the exhaust shop. The whole swapping headers for smog thing wasn't going to work. To redo my exhaust with the long tubes the right way, they wanted over $800. So what I'm going to do is put in the long tubes myself, then the cutting welding mounting and bending will be $500 from them. I can swallow the $500 easier than I can the $800 haha.

The question is... tow it to the exhaust shop, or drive it VERY loudly. lmao

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    theres a M20B32 being sold locally... Im trying to resist because I want a 2.8... and I need Bens help with containing my excitement
    I saw that. You should buy it. It'd be going in a sedan. Sedans need torque.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    lol ^ needy

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    lol ^ needy

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Soon...

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    ^lol
    new mods like that are so great.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Just wait until you have that diff in the car...

I got the new diff installed! ITS SO AWESOME HOLY SHIT!!

Now its time for burnout pics

potstir

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Progress!

I got the new diff installed! ITS SO AWESOME HOLY SHIT!!
    Before I didn't even like to rev it out, it just took too damn long, I felt like I was lugging it even in second. Now it's just zooooop straight up the tach. Maan.. this was long overdue. Like literally all the gears are better. There are no downsides. It's still good on the highway. I mean shoot, before I'd be going down to third sometimes on the highway to speed up. It was awful. Now it's amazing. I'm so happy.

Although... Doing this job made me realize why I was dreading it. It was not that easy. Getting a breaker bar on the top bolts... Friggin crows foot was the only thing that fit. It was a struggle.

And APPARENTLY the Z3 this diff came out (2001 3.0 AT) has larger axles than an E30 and therefore a different output flanges.
    The 323i had a Z3 diff from a 1999 2.5 AT, and it had the same outputs as an E30.
    So, I had to swap output flanges with my old diff. After doing some searching, the forum bois claimed they just slide out or pry out if they're stuck. No bolts holding them in or anything. I used my fan clutch tool to pry them... gave em a yank and sure enough, they came out. Same splines so they swapped no problem. Legos!

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    haha good good

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    yeah thatll be a big jump. E36 is yours now? Or was it sold to someone else?
    It's my girlfriend's. Her first manual car :devil:

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    yeah thatll be a big jump. E36 is yours now? Or was it sold to someone else?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    It's a 3.46 Torsen from a Z3. I have it sitting in my garage lol. Currently on the stock 2.93 eta diff.
    Just wait until you have that diff in the car...

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    got any pics of the e36? I've seen a zillion of them around but its super rare to see a really clean one.

What current ratio are you running/planning on swapping in?
    It's a 3.46 Torsen from a Z3. I have it sitting in my garage lol. Currently on the stock 2.93 eta diff.

Here's the E36 with my E30. Original owner sold it, has the original pamphlet window sticker and everything.

Last edited by betz; 05-20-2018, 10:41 AM. Reason: Swapped for better pic

Leave a comment:

Working...
X