Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wworm
    replied
    got any pics of the e36? I've seen a zillion of them around but its super rare to see a really clean one.

What current ratio are you running/planning on swapping in?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    lol whoops!
    Yeah, I think you have to jump two relay pins to get the lows to stay on when the highs come on.
    Hows the front lip search going?
    I've just got all the mounting hardware and was going to test fit and see if it fits my valence (even though it prob doesn't) If it doesn't, I was going to test fit it to my euro valence, and probably swap all that in after painting etc.

You can probably tell It's not exactly top of my priority list... I've been a little preoccupied, I've been looking at an uber clean E36 with/for my girlfriend and it looks like we're gonna buy it. I actually really liked how it drove. It's a 328i... so it's got my crankshaft ;D

What I've just realized I really REALLY need to do is swap that diff in. 1st gear and maybe second are really the only fun gears with my current diff. It's just sad.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    lol whoops!
    Yeah, I think you have to jump two relay pins to get the lows to stay on when the highs come on.
    Hows the front lip search going?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    did you keep them stock?
    Yes, stock bulbs. The city lights are wired into the parking lights. For now the low beam turns off when the high beam is on but I plan on messing with the relays to run them simultaneously.

Funny story, when I was first wiring the city lights, I accidentally blew fuse (23 i think) for the dash lights. I didn't know I did this, so I looked for hours with my multimeter testing every wire trying to figure out which wires were for the parking lights. It turned out the first wires I tried were the right ones all along... :oops:

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    did you keep them stock?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    looks good man! Might want to throw a front plate on there just to avoid tickets if at all possible.
    I don't have one :(

The smileys are so so so so sooo much better than the sealed beams though. Who knew lights at night could actually help you see??

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    looks good man! Might want to throw a front plate on there just to avoid tickets if at all possible.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    :)

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
    Mine will be M52 crank, m20b23 rods, m20b25 pistons, m52 pinktop injectors , motronic 1.3(custom chip), Cam will be a Schrick 272

Nothing wild just a replacement engine for my wifes 1983 318 which has a clacky 350,000Km b25 in it now
    That's still an E30 right? Nice setup though. Pretty much exactly like mine haha. Except I have the bimmerheads 274 cam.

Good luck! It seems my influence is spreading ;)

Leave a comment:

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    Nice! You going for the same 2.8 build? You figure out all the other stuff yet? (EMS, cam, injectors, etc)
    Mine will be M52 crank, m20b23 rods, m20b25 pistons, m52 pinktop injectors , motronic 1.3(custom chip), Cam will be a Schrick 272

Nothing wild just a replacement engine for my wifes 1983 318 which has a clacky 350,000Km b25 in it now

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I have the spacer now... and a leaky M20. I better get moving

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
    Just got my crank last week

Can't wait to build up one if these
    Nice! You going for the same 2.8 build? You figure out all the other stuff yet? (EMS, cam, injectors, etc)

Leave a comment:

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Just got my crank last week

Can't wait to build up one if these

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Just got the second valve adjustment in. Most exhaust valves actually seemed slighty loose.. it was pretty consistent. I think only one or two intake valves were out of spec. And only one exhaust in spec. Still looks really nice under the valve cover though.

Pick n pulled some parts off an E34 525i and just got around to installing. I've decided to update to the late model valve cover and finally got a late model fuel rail so my supply and return lines are on the same side. Did the same with this valve cover that I did with the previous one, though the big blocky BMW letters seem to take the sanding and polishing better than the early model one.

Up next... The smileys
    Last edited by betz; 05-01-2018, 10:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    spottieottiedopilcious

throw the lip on it and go do a burnout

Leave a comment:

Working...
X