• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    totally agree.

I want to see this thing with tags and a dyno!! Im waiting to start buying and building
    My car was at the shop- it's done now! I was getting the AFM readjusted but also getting the transmission dowels put in so my starter will be better aligned, it was noisy before, now it's nice and quiet.

Apparently I had set it too rich, so the oxygen sensor was overcompensating and leaning it out a ton. Now everything is good, and apparently pulls waay harder above 3k. Am super excited to check it out after work! I might just take it straight to the smog place after.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
    the base color is beautiful
    totally agree.

I want to see this thing with tags and a dyno!! Im waiting to start buying and building

Leave a comment:

• AC_Schnitzel
    replied
    the base color is beautiful

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Happened to have a DA polisher lying around so I thought I'd try my hand in some paint correction.

Washed, clayed, took before pictures, medium cut 6" foam pad + Harbor freight DA + Meguires 205, then wax.

Results

Hood before

Hood after

It looks even better in person, super deep and shiny. I dropped it off at the shop right after, not sure what they'll think lol. Some fine quality turd polishing

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Can’t wait to see the dyno and what it takes to pass emissions. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Emissions results. Looks like it's running stupidly lean. Passed everything except the NOx.

Gonna have my local shop tune the AFM Friday and I'll bring it back in for the retest. Should get me quite a bit more power too :D

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    Don't get me wrong... the exhaust is exactly what I was looking for haha. I can hear the motor itself much better now.. when it's tame, it sounds like a 325i, but when you get higher in the rev range it clearly isn't.

With the headers and an intake, it will give me all the right noises but none of the drone.

Soon after smog I think I'll be looking into dyno shops. I'm thinking it'll be neat to do before/after for the headers and an intake.
    sound clip needed! :devil:

glad this thing is running smoothly. Very curious about headers and intake power numbers..if any

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    I’ve heard the IE exhaust was fairly quiet so this doesn’t surprise me. I almost bought the same one but wanted a little noise. Ended up with a Borla and I love the sound
    Don't get me wrong... the exhaust is exactly what I was looking for haha. I can hear the motor itself much better now.. when it's tame, it sounds like a 325i, but when you get higher in the rev range it clearly isn't.

With the headers and an intake, it will give me all the right noises but none of the drone.

Soon after smog I think I'll be looking into dyno shops. I'm thinking it'll be neat to do before/after for the headers and an intake.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    First time driving the car to work! Planning on going in for the smog check during lunch. Exhaust is installed and the thing is crazy quiet.

I’ve heard the IE exhaust was fairly quiet so this doesn’t surprise me. I almost bought the same one but wanted a little noise. Ended up with a Borla and I love the sound

Leave a comment:

• Aikmanson
    replied
    Looks like we did a similar build. I also did a 9.8-1 2.8 stroker m20. ~7k miles later and going strong. It will be interesting to see what kind of power you put down, I know I'm happy with mine.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    First time driving the car to work! Planning on going in for the smog check during lunch. Exhaust is installed and the thing is crazy quiet.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Damn. That pass side fender looks a bit mangled. I'll be in SJ during Christmas weekend, hopefully I will have a few mins to BS about cars E30s and life :rofl:

They live in deep Almaden, whereabouts are you?
    I might be there until Christmas Eve but I'll more than likely be out of town after. I'm right between Santa Clara University and Santana Row.

Would love to BS about cars with you, man :D

I have a new fender if need be but probably going to throw money at it until it's straight. I'm not too concerned, the damage is fairly minor at least compared to my old car.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Damn. That pass side fender looks a bit mangled. I'll be in SJ during Christmas weekend, hopefully I will have a few mins to BS about cars E30s and life :rofl:

They live in deep Almaden, whereabouts are you?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Grrr..

Hurr

My car's like, the Two-Face of E30's right now

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I cant wait to see what this thing puts down!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X