X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    thats got to be a good street / spirited rate.

IE3 were my fav for a lot time and they are 350/500 IIRC

The aluminum monster got 500/700 and it was still good for the street but on the stiffer side
    were these paired with beefier sways as well? Ive got ST 22mmF 19mmR and H&R sports on mine and want something that corners a little flatter. The roads up here in oakland/berkeley are pretty harsh too

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    thats got to be a good street / spirited rate.

IE3 were my fav for a lot time and they are 350/500 IIRC

The aluminum monster got 500/700 and it was still good for the street but on the stiffer side

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    Ground controls full kit with the cut/ powder coated black/ welded strut housings, 440F/650R springs, GC street camber plates. They were on my 323i and were corner balanced for the 323 at Bavarian Motorsport in Milpitas.
    How do you like those spring rates for street/spirited driving?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    It does look awesome. When is the rest of the front going back together?
    Thanks! I guess I could have a shot at putting the bumper on after work today. If not maybe this weekend idk. I have the front euro bumper, managed to find a new aftermarket for the center on eBay UK and a used right side with trim from some guy in Greece.

What suspension is on it right now?
    Ground controls full kit with the cut/ powder coated black/ welded strut housings, 440F/650R springs, GC street camber plates. They were on my 323i and were corner balanced for the 323 at Bavarian Motorsport in Milpitas.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    yeah those colors with the chrome look so damn good.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Only angle that looks good right now

It does look awesome. When is the rest of the front going back together?

What suspension is on it right now?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Only angle that looks good right now

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    E30. ANG-UH-RY

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by iXguido View Post
    Fixed that for you :D
    Haha definitely. You're saying my finely tuned butt dyno won't be enough?

I'm still in the -hoping the whole thing doesn't blow up spontaneously- phase so, bear with me.

Leave a comment:

• iXguido
    replied
    So, the short list is:
    Engine break in
    Injectors
    Front bumper
    Stainless steel zip ties instead of regular zip ties for the exhaust (they're not directly touching the pipes at least)
    Smog
    Take it to a body shop
    Take it to an exhaust shop
    Take it to the dyno!!
    Fixed that for you :D

Leave a comment:

• Kedge
    replied
    2.8L M20 9.8:1 stroker build: my 323i reincarnated

Yea, I suspect the M3 pump may well have been on its last legs, when I flow tested it, it was only flowing 105lph at 3.8b, considerably more than a stock M20 one was though. The M20 pump was a brand new Bosch unit, went back to Bosch for testing and they reported there was no issue with it.

My car was live mapped, took 4 attempts due to the fuelling issues I was having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    Originally posted by Kedge View Post
    E36 M3 pumps run at 3b, E36 M3 EVO pumps run at 5b.

I can only talk from what I’ve experienced with my car, and I needed to do the mods I did to solve pinking and power loss at higher revs, I also need to run on 97 RON fuel. M50 injectors alone we’re a long way off being up to the job.

true, still no way the M3 pump isnt up to the job on a humble m20 with 200 flywheel as thats what alpina made with stock stuff, unless it was an old used one on its last legs.

i'm running 1.5 x the fuel flow of stock engine with stock regular and pump. back when i didn't have a way to tune the ECU i did bump the fuel pressure upto 52-55psi with 21lb injectors at the time and ended up with 3b and 24lb about 80% duty cycle at max hp on stock fuel system with bigger injectors.

sounds like other pumps were shagged

97ron is to be expected (probably 93 PON) as you have the higher compression slugs right? so about 1 point higher

Leave a comment:

• Kedge
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    E36 m3 pump run at 5b 24lb/hr sounds like other issues in that case

You dont need more fuel pressure you tune the pulse width at rpm and loads it requires more or less fuel. Adding fuel pressure increase fuel flow at all times. Stick to a mild Increase in injector for that

E36 M3 pumps run at 3b, E36 M3 EVO pumps run at 5b.

I can only talk from what I’ve experienced with my car, and I needed to do the mods I did to solve pinking and power loss at higher revs, I also need to run on 97 RON fuel. M50 injectors alone we’re a long way off being up to the job.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Hard to tell how bad it is, but you might be able to get most of it fixed with some tweaks. A body guy & a PDR could go a long way. Is the paint original and decent still, OG panels too?
    OG panels, paint totally original. Absolutely no clear coat failure or rust anywhere on the car. There's a decent sized dent on the passenger fender which seems to have caused the radiator support to not point completely straight. Since I went through this exercise with my 323i I feel pretty competent at this point, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it good enough for me to be satisfied just with some time on a frame machine and a competent shop. My frame rails and the shock towers are totally fine also.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    The bad news is I got the hood on, and the car is going to need a little body work to get everything totally straight. Nothing super major, I already knew the car needed some work, I got it for $180 after all, but it's a little disheartening seeing the gaps to the fenders. This was the first time I put on the hood fully.
    Hard to tell how bad it is, but you might be able to get most of it fixed with some tweaks. A body guy & a PDR could go a long way. Is the paint original and decent still, OG panels too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X