Clear All

• mr.
    replied
    Those seats are amazing, my Lord......

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Whoa! that is a wonderful looking set of sport seats. Matching rear seats or no?
    Unfortunately, no. The rear is pretty half assed at the moment- they're my sedan seats that I had dyed black a while ago. Doesn't look bad, matches the door cards well but I plan on reupholstering the rear coupe seats with the same material as the sport seats.

If you were wondering, I had bought a kit from Stitchedwheels here on r3v and used it to reupholster some really tattered M3 seats I found on Craigslist. A lot of work, but it was for sure worth it.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Whoa! that is a wonderful looking set of sport seats. Matching rear seats or no?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Interior is in, minus my new dash, euro clock, gauge cluster, and stereo. The cluster will *have* to go in soon.

Hype intensifies

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    exciting!

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Alright, alright. I didn't put the motor in this weekend...

But I made decent progress! I had to scramble around for a bunch of parts but I've got most of everything now. Have some spark plugs/ new wires, oem motor and trans mounts coming in a couple days. After work this week I'm planning on sorting out all the little stuff and hopefully I can put the motor in next weekend.

Here's the motor as it sits: 95% complete. Everything torqued down.

Leave a comment:

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Looks greats

Going to be a sweet little car when it's all done

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Timing belt on! Valves checked out okay, sealing well.

Leave a comment:

• zwill23
    replied
    ^ Agreed, excited and watching closely as well :)

Leave a comment:

• sampayne
    replied
    Looking good. Can't wait to see this thing dropped in the car.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
    These are interference engines so you run the risk of making valve and piston contact if the head and block are too far off TDC.

I would remove the head and set the crank and cam to TDC separately before putting it back together, at least that's what I did with my stock rebuild.
    Thanks, I have it figured out now. I'm going to double check one of the valves and put it back together at TDC

Leave a comment:

• zwill23
    replied
    Originally posted by betz View Post
    No.. but you can rotate it after the head is on, correct?
    These are interference engines so you run the risk of making valve and piston contact if the head and block are too far off TDC.

I would remove the head and set the crank and cam to TDC separately before putting it back together, at least that's what I did with my stock rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Originally posted by digger View Post
    were both crank and cam at tdc when bolted head on?
    No.. but you can rotate it after the head is on, correct?

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    were both crank and cam at tdc when bolted head on?

Leave a comment:

• betz
    replied
    Slow progress lately. Went to a wedding, bought a 986, sold my G35, and my friends got me into Overwatch :/

Finally got the head on! Only torqued stage 1 until I decide to seal the deal. I'm shooting for dropping that sucker in this weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X