e30mclow's e30 #14 - Going 1JZ + 6 Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My driveshaft arrived last night, which was swiftly installed

I wasted a whole day trying to get the clutch bled, when it turned out to be the plastic barb on the new clutch master cylinder. FYI to all - Check these before installing

A casting error meant that there was no hole :(

This is what a mess looks like

The car is now spinning the rear wheels of it's own accord, so the inaugural drive will be this coming weekend - exactly 1 year and 2 countries since I pulled the m20.

Up next will be a custom 3" exhaust and rushing to get the car plated before winter

Comment

Bravo, sir! Excited to see it out and moving (video request)
      '85 Alpine Weiß 2-door with m20b30 ground up build

Comment

How exciting!
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          How exciting!
          It would be, but I must not have been thinking and my clutch disc is in bacwards. I'll need to flip it tomorrow, but should still be on track for some self-powered movement this weekend.
          I have everything unbolted, I just need to lower the box tonight and fix my error.

Comment

Incorrect

Correct

With that flipped, it moved out the door for a wash

This allowed me to finally give this place a clean

But of course, you win some you lose some. My rear feed brake hard line must have corroded at one of the plastic clips, as it drip-drip-dripped the contents of the reservoir over night. Therefore, no driving vids as I wasn't in the mood for replacing/repairing the thing lol

Comment

either way, hell yea!

Comment

Yummy

I recently fitted a 110amp Lexus SC400 alternator which solved a few little niggles I've been having.

This allowed me to run the car for 20 minutes while I played with the Apexi AFC and got the AFR sitting pretty.

The plan for the after work hours for this week is mainly repairing the aforementioned brake line. While moving the brake & fuel lines to where I can work on them, I decided to tackle the common rust spot beneath the accelerator pedal.
                I didn't take photo before investigating, but this is what appeared once I started digging around the pedal area. Following removal of the undersealer, there was only one tool for it - the grinder.

I'll weld it in this weekend.

To aid the bleeding of the cooling system, seems as my rad sits relatively low (although I'm using the stock e30 reservoir), I've added a bleeder screw to the 1JZ water neck.

Exhaust parts are starting to arrive including stainless v-bands and flex pipes. I'm hoping to manage a 3" system, granted it'll sit a little low.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I think there’s a retailer who replaces the economy gauge with a boost gauge.
                  Does this actually exist? I needs it!

Also I love this build so much. 1/2JZ noises make me warm and fuzzy inside.
                  Build Thread

Comment

3" Downpipe Problems

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post

Custom.

aluminum? that's an interesting choice for motor mounts. must be pretty lightweight. looks like 1/4" or 5/16" plate so hopefully itll be sturdy enough
                      Last edited by hkv; 09-23-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Incorrect

Correct

really? most of the time the flat side of the clutch faces the engine and the raised section faces the tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by hkv View Post

aluminum? that's an interesting choice for motor mounts. must be pretty lightweight. looks like 1/4" or 5/16" plate so hopefully itll be sturdy enough
                          The exact same ones have been used and abused with far more power then mine, with no ill effects.

As for the clutch - I agree, which it why I installed it how I did.
                          It must be down to the Collins adapter kit and the shape of the conversion flywheel.

Comment

Where did you get that front valence?
                            1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                            COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                              Where did you get that front valence?
                              The clue is on the box - I got it through CATuned. Available on their site.

Comment

The clue is on the box - I got it through CATuned. Available on their site.
                                Damn right in front of my face lol
                                1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                                COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Working...
                                X