• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formyhealth View Post
    Too cool sir! Any HP figures?
    I should have it on a dyno very soon.

Meanwhile, I finally put on the Alpina 162 valance

Comment

valance looks great man! on your gta wheels, did it cost you much to machine out the hub bore? I've been looking for some cheap 16x8+0's.
      89 325i 4dr s52
      02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
      21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
        valance looks great man! on your gta wheels, did it cost you much to machine out the hub bore? I've been looking for some cheap 16x8+0's.
        My man, all I did was stick a 40 grit flap wheel on the end of a DeWalt drill and have at her.
        It self-centers as it rotates and you're only taking off less than a mm.

No balancing issues.

More Alpina stuff - may need sideskirts.

Can't wait to put the GTAs back on this week.

Also, some highly articulated suspension shots from Sunday (pre-Alpina)

Comment

Is there more room behind that valance than the stock 'is' one?

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            Is there more room behind that valance than the stock 'is' one?
            I can fit the Alpina valance with the iS valance still attached behind it. This hangs about 2" lower.
            An unforgiving bastard to fit through, as there is zero flex to the Alpina items.

Comment

Good to know. At some point in the future I will be seeking more room behind the valance, since my massive intercooler makes it impossible to run a condenser fan with the stock, cut up, valance. I love the look of the Alpina valances and would not be opposed to trimming a reproduction and putting it on my car.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Did a thing

470HP & 354Tq

VIDEO -

Comment

Nice, that is a lot of power. Power to weight ratio has to be on par with a C6 Z06, assuming the car weighs close to 3,000lbs. How's the traction?

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Me + Full Tank + Full Interior =

Spins 4th no problem.
                    I'll be upgrading wheels this winter to try and fit 245s.

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                      Me + Full Tank + Full Interior =

Spins 4th no problem.
                      I'll be upgrading wheels this winter to try and fit 245s.
                      That's a great power to weight! I'm just a bolt on LS1 car but I've got 245 square A052's on my HPDE car and they hook up great for the track. I'm Probably 150hp and 50ftlbs less but you should still have reasonable traction on a 245

Comment

Originally posted by tyeler18 View Post

That's a great power to weight! I'm just a bolt on LS1 car but I've got 245 square A052's on my HPDE car and they hook up great for the track. I'm Probably 150hp and 50ftlbs less but you should still have reasonable traction on a 245
                        Can you post of photo of the 245 square setup? 16s or 17s?
                        My fronts are a challenge as my front track width is about 15mm wider per side.

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post

Can you post of photo of the 245 square setup? 16s or 17s?
                          My fronts are a challenge as my front track width is about 15mm wider per side.
                          16x8 +20 square here, 24.8" tall tire, so any 17 in a similar offset will work as well. This is completely stock suspension minus M3 offset FCAB's. Coilovers and camber plates would get a +25 or similar under the fenders better. I tracked it all night saturday night like this with minor rubbing, 99% of it due to the stock springs being so soft the tires were in the fender liners all night.

Untitled by Tyeler Andersen, on Flickr

Comment

Here is a photo dump of progress:

2.93 LSD Fitted

Burned off all available tires before the snow hit

Tucked it in beside the Pajero Evo for the winter

Finally found an immaculate carpet to replace the terrible one that's in it

Bought a terrible winter car while the Evo is being kept safe

Converted the front core support to a removable setup

Now the engine and trans can come out in about 40mins from start to finish

Replaced the decimated throw out bearing

Soundproofed/Heat shielded the tunnel and bay

Deleted any unnecessary wiring now that the ABS & Airbag are gone

Did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner and a few other things to the 1JZ

Chopped out any unnecessary bracketry in the bay

Started looking at clocking my BC top plates to gain more caster without changing the wheel position

I'm going to re-drill the stud locations to rotate the plate 30degrees, which will increase caster about 20mm and keep the strut towers untouched.

Made a rather large purchase - BBS RSs

16x8 et11 Front
                            16x8.5 et5 Rear

Perfect for my suspension setup!

Comment

A+ photo dump
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

More photo dumpage

Launch control mawfakers....

Micro momentary switch

All wired up with a quick disconnect in case I need to pull the trans

I made a neoprene sleeve to keep the wiring semi-clean at least

I could have easily worked it off of the clutch switch, but this is just so much more of a cool gimmick.

My new carpet is in, which meant sacrilegiously cutting it up to fit the modified tunnel.

Redid all of the crusty in-bay loom

Sharpie'd by cluster and polished the screen to a near new finish

The interior is now ready for some serious ripping this summer

Fitted the ultra-rare SedanKing Heckblende

I'm finishing up a neat license plate holder, as this one was just for mockup.

Next up is a deep clean, then she's back on the road this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X