X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rikaro
    replied
    Originally posted by getouth View Post
    I have the same knob, I got it from an Ebay seller. ebay/google is your friend.
    this is the one right? I saw this on ebay but i'm concerned about the quality on these. If yours is the same one then it looks good!

Are they pretty light or weighted?

Leave a comment:

• 88M3racer
    replied
    Very kewl ... and close by too. Super.

Wheel choice was great & adding the seats will round out the interior.

I'm sure our paths will X.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• getouth
    replied
    Originally posted by rikaro View Post

wow where'd you get your shift knob?
    I have the same knob, I got it from an Ebay seller. ebay/google is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• rikaro
    replied

wow where'd you get your shift knob?

Leave a comment:

• mike.bmw
    replied
    Nice work. The Ronals look great. Post some photos when you install the seats!

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Recaros look gooooood

Leave a comment:

• 325isman
    replied
    Great looking car, keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• connorb850
    replied
    I took some time off around Thanksgiving and drove the E30 up to Virginia to see family. Dad and I worked on the car while I was there.

Transmission leak is now fixed with a new detent ball cover (new design with integrated seal on left)

Fresh expansion tank you can actually see through. Also pictured, new air box mounts.

Tires mounted on the Ronals…no more 14's with junk tires

The oil cooler was held up by zip ties when I bought the car, so that was remounted using the correct parts.

I polished up a new (used) instrument cluster face to replace the original broken one.

Spent several hours deep cleaning the interior. The seat belts were really nasty.

Decided to tackle the rust under the trunk seal…first treated the entire area with POR-15, then JB Welded a thin piece of aluminum in place, then repainted body color. Not a perfect repair, but I think it came out decently well and I avoided a body shop…at least for now.

This is how it looked beforehand

Cleaned out the trunk & spare tire well while the trim panels were removed

Purchased a new shift knob and a used E36 leather e-brake handle cover. Awaiting some new leather boots from StitchedWheels.

Last year I bought a pair of Recaro CT seats I was going to install in my Volvo 240. That never materialized and I’m going to be selling that car soon…. which means these seats will go in the E30 once I buy adapters to use the stock seat sliders. They are cleaned up and ready to go.

Pictures from today’s wash and wax…

Leave a comment:

• connorb850
    replied
    Originally posted by NJsaabguy View Post
    Where can one source new Ronal LS wheels? I have 4 and may want to get a 5th for my spare.
    Numerous people have inquired about this through private message. I meant to post the link earlier, but here it is:

They cost me roughly $180 per wheel, shipped from the UK. The deal was so good I bought five. During my research, there is apparently some confusion about whether they are still in production. Per date stamps on my set, they were manufactured (or at least packaged) June 2018.

As for the car, I'm pondering suspension options. Really not a fan of the Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks currently installed. I don't have any prior E30 experience, but I know this car could handle and ride much better with a different setup. I've never been a huge Bilstein fan, so I'm definitely replacing them with Koni. The question is whether to use H&R springs (Sport? Race?) or spend a bit extra and get Ground Control coilovers. I may pull the trigger on something if there are good sales later this month.

Also, I recently picked up some parts. The coolant cap broke and I got a little carried away while ordering a new one. Ended up with nearly $500 worth of stuff - mostly a bunch of small items that added up...

Leave a comment:

• NJsaabguy
    replied
    Originally posted by connorb850 View Post
    Yeah, I did the same thing. It became an easier decision once I found out a brand new set of Ronals is currently cheaper than a decent used set of Euroweaves.
    Where can one source new Ronal LS wheels? I have 4 and may want to get a 5th for my spare.

Leave a comment:

• NEOe30
    replied
    I love my original paint but posts like this make me want a respray..

Leave a comment:

• ainadude
    replied
    Originally posted by connorb850 View Post
    Yeah, I did the same thing. It became an easier decision once I found out a brand new set of Ronals is currently cheaper than a decent used set of Euroweaves.

FWIW, I had a set of euroweaves on my previous E30. They're nice, but IMHO the Ronals are better looking and look like theyll be easier to keep clean.

Leave a comment:

• connorb850
    replied
    Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
    I keep going back and forth between euroweaves and the Ronals.

Leave a comment:

• laidback93
    replied
    Really nice write up. And what a clean E30.

I can't wait to see the Ronals on your baby. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a set to replace my stock basketweaves. I keep going back and forth between euroweaves and the Ronals.

Leave a comment:

• ainadude
    replied
    Beautiful car, Connor -- well done! Just completed a similar purchase and will be interested to see what you do to what is already a nice E30. Great choice on the Ronals!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X