Andrew's Sterlingsilber 90 325iS -> 318iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjsimeon View Post
    Damn, Andrew! I'm gonna need that POC for those wheels! I'm jealous! Congrats. I know you've been waiting for a while. Looks good!
    What does POC mean?
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
      What does POC mean?
      People of Color? Also this emoji is racist i just realized...

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too. This one isn't cool either. :hitler:

Comment

Yeesh, didn't realize I was using military lingo. Point of Contact.

Comment

Well they only had 1. They said their friend has one too, but they haven't got back to me on that. I would like 1 more. It would be nice to have 2 really straight ones up front. Can't stand feeling vibration in the steering wheel. :)

Comment

sub'd quality content here! I dig it!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Here's a few photos I took. I installed the door cards.

Comment

Gorgeous.

Comment

I'm starting to gather parts to renew the brakes. I got a pair of rebuilt front ATE calipers. The ones on there now are Girling. I read the ATE ones can use the brass bushings, but I've also read mixed reviews on those so maybe I'll just use the stock bushings. Since I have 15" wheels I've thought about getting a little bigger brakes too. I could get E30 M3 calipers for the rear and run the Z1 rotors, but then the bias might not be ideal without upgrading the fronts. The Z1 had regular E30 brakes on the front, but I'm not sure all the engineering/reasoning for that with the larger rear brakes. So I think I'll just keep the rear brakes stock, especially since regular E30 rotors are easy to come by and inexpensive. I think I might try the cryogenic rotors. I read they are less likely to warp and last longer. I'm a little undecided on the brake pads. I might try the new Centric PQ PRO pads. I haven't read any reviews for them yet though.

Comment

Man those look clean, where did you snag them?

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
                        Man those look clean, where did you snag them?
                        RockAuto

Comment

Anyone want to go for a swim? :P

I guess I'll have to get in the trunk and have someone spray water on it to see where it's leaking in. I hope they let me out after haha.

Comment

RockAuto
                            The one bad thing about centric rebuilds (I use them myself) is that they are completely uncoated. In other words, if you don’t want a rust colors caliper after the first time they get wet, you’ll need to paint or coat them.
                            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Anyone want to go for a swim? :P

I guess I'll have to get in the trunk and have someone spray water on it to see where it's leaking in. I hope they let me out after haha.

Make sure to unclog the factory vents, on each side of the rear valance, about four inches behind the rear tire, directly in the center of the tray. Looks almost like a "v", and they are usually packed full with dirt or factory undercoating.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                                The one bad thing about centric rebuilds (I use them myself) is that they are completely uncoated. In other words, if you don’t want a rust colors caliper after the first time they get wet, you’ll need to paint or coat them.
                                Hey, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                                X