No announcement yet.

New to me 1990 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about selling and entertaining offers if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by zippityDu View Post
      Thinking about selling and entertaining offers if anyone is interested.

Already? You've only owned it a month...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=BMWBrat;4972164]Already? You've only owned it a month...

I just have too many cars currently and I feel this car needs to be driven on a regular basis.

Comment

As I pulled into my driveway yesterday and put the car in park, the "Brake Lining" light came on and the car started making a very loud screech. I turned it off and back on and it was still there. Whenever I put the car in reverse or drive, the noise would go away. Can anyone help me diagnose what is going on?

Comment

Those symptoms went away on there own. Yay.

Just sent this off to e30dad. Looking forward to have a clean and properly operable cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I'm going to stick with the car for a while. I have a vision as to where I want to get it, and I don't think it will completely break the bank.

Comment

So, I bought this M-Tech II Steering wheel:

Is there anything different that I need to do with installation? Will an airbag light come on or anything?

Comment

So, I bought this M-Tech II Steering wheel:

Is there anything different that I need to do with installation? Will an airbag light come on or anything?

You'll have to remove a little white pi and get an additional spacer to mount the MT2 wheel instead of an airbag steering wheel.

I just unplugged everything at the airbag module :)
                  1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                  1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Where can I find said spacer?

Comment

Where can I find said spacer?

On this diagram is the pin I was talking about, part 11. This just pulls out with some pliers

And this is the diagram for the spacer, number 4

The order when you assemble everything should be spacer, wheel, spacer, washer, nut. If I recall correctly.

You might have to bend your stalks back a little or replace them with regular non airbag stalks if you knuckles touch them while turning.
                      1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                      1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Thank you. And can you tell me exactly what you did with the airbag module?

Comment

Can you post a frontal shot of that wheel? Or the part number behind the horn pad? I hope I'm wrong, but the angles of the 3:00 and 9:00 spokes make it look like an E36 MT2 wheel (which won't work on an E30). Could just be the angle of the photo playing tricks on my eyes though.
                          Last edited by mike.bmw; 05-21-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                            Can you post a frontal shot or that wheel? Or the part number behind the horn pad? I hope I'm wrong, but the angles of the 3:00 and 9:00 spokes make it look like an E36 MT2 wheel (which won't work on an E30). Could just be the angle of the photo playing tricks on my eyes though.
                            Damn, you're right. I guess I will be selling this and continuing my search for an e30 specific m tech 2 wheel.

Comment

Damn, you're right. I guess I will be selling this and continuing my search for an e30 specific m tech 2 wheel.
                              Sorry to hear that. Good luck on you search! I'm having to find/buy another one too (had to return the first one via ebay because it was quite bent).

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                                Sorry to hear that. Good luck on you search! I'm having to find/buy another one too (had to return the first one via ebay because it was quite bent).
                                So this wheel won't work on any e30s?

It's the only wheel that looks right at home to me. So, I'm thinking about buying one in rough shape and having it recovered.

Comment

Working...
                                X