Mission to the Cosmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Thanks, I think the SSRs have complimented pretty much every E30 they have been on, but they go particularly well with this one.

As for the dent, some idiot using his back up camera and not actually looking backed into me in a parking lot. Luckily, a quote requiring paint and body work VS an hour with the PDR guy means that I have some leftover cash for a 3-pedal conversion, amongst other things
    That's awful. PDR is definitely the way to go if it can be done.

Comment

Solid dude. Glad the PDR guy was able to get it back to 100%
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

popping out that dent out gave you at least one more cool point.

Comment

Was on vacation for a few weeks and came back to a car that wouldn’t start. I was a little worried it might happen, got it jumped, drove around and had similar warning lights that the Cirrusly blue car. I knew this was a dead alternator so I took it straight home and into the garage before the battery would be drained. About 30 minutes to remove it and I took one pic of the work dealwithit.gif Got it installed in another 30 minutes and used the just-barely-running Roadster to jump the car and all is well again... Also headed over and picked up a skidplate and might be making a second run to pick up some more parts. M30 AFM is a for sure and maybe a pair of basketweave but those won’t be for me...
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I strongly advise against the m30 AFM swap. No reason to use it. The Porsche 944 turbo used the same exact AFM as the m20, but with a lot more power FYI.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

To add, I have found ZERO power gains from using a 3.5" MAF on a 24v (na, even modified to make 255whp/248wtq). Anytime you put a flow sensor that bigger than the TB, you are just creating a tuning headache, the meter is NOT the restrcition, your throttle is at that point. ;)

Put it this way...an LS1 uses a MAF almost the same size as a 24v. If they can make 300whp, why does a ~200-ish engine need a bigger flow meter than GM used on the LS?
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

I hear what you're saying, but my main issue will be the tuning. and someone who tried a lot of different combinations found that to be the best result AND passed smog makes me think the $20 for the M30 AFM is worth it, just to have.

I want something that will pass smog, and the off-the-shelf tunes were a nightmare on the M52 and the suggestion of my local shop was to use the WAR chip combined with them dyno tune it, of course all of R3V suggested otherwise against the Miller stuff. At the end of the day smog is the ruler here and Im thinking I might need it.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

For craps and giggles, are you able to test for smog off the record to check it before a referee?

Real easy to make the m20 run extra lean, just drop an ETA 2.5 bar fuel regulator in it. Works far better in the stock ECU than using an m30 AFM.

When a stock m20 is in good running condition, no reason to fail smog tests. They were extremely efficient for engine of the age bracket. Aside from worn rings and excessive oil burning (a catch can will negate that), they should pass a sniffer, even without a catalyst.

john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Oh its not for now, it is for later when Im trying to get a 2.8 M20 to run right, look stock and pass smog
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Mini update from the last week. SoCal vintage happened, and it was awesome (as usual) I made sure to take a pic of my own car, and as usual it’s a bad pic

Fast forward to this weekend and took a mini staycation trip to Ventura and we took PCH.. such a nice drive. The ETA struggled a little up the steeper inclines which combined with the sexy BMWs at the SoCal Vintage show has me motivated to get building.

Basically have the whole 5-speed swap ready. Picked up my lightened flywheel last week too. I was planning on doing a before and after weight like before but it already has 14# after written on it. I think it’s just about time to start building the 2.8 M20. And I’ll leave you with one engine pic from the show. Internet hugs, likes and freedom bucks to those who can name all the badass stuff on it

Last edited by 2mAn; 11-20-2019, 02:24 PM.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Do you expect a 2.8 to be a problem with smog? It should look identical and even if you go with Megasquirt its only a couple extra sensor wires.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                          Do you expect a 2.8 to be a problem with smog? It should look identical and even if you go with Megasquirt its only a couple extra sensor wires.
                          If it runs properly the car should pass just fine.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

m15 with alpina side draft carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by luckybk View Post
                              m15 with alpina side draft carbs?
                              close... It IS an M10 motor and there are Alpina parts on there

BTW Hows your search coming? Throwing in the towel or no?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

close... It IS an M10 motor and there are Alpina parts on there

BTW Hows your search coming? Throwing in the towel or no?
                                My search has been limited by my the means of my lifestyle but I am meeting to speak today about a potential new work situation, so knock wood!

Comment

Working...
                                X