No announcement yet.

Mission to the Cosmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pick up man. So that's the car the Koni's were going into when were chatting lol.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by iso_hi View Post
      I'm liking the SSRs. I was looking at them before I decided on the Equips. Are they hubcentric or do you use hub rings?
      Thanks, the SSRs have been with me for every E30 Ive owned.

I have special spacers. The wheels are ET35, but the front spacers are 10mm, rear is 15mm and they are hubcentric, and wheel-centric (is that a thing?)...

Originally posted by ak- View Post
      Nice pick up man. So that's the car the Koni's were going into when were chatting lol.
      haha yup

I still need to smog the car, and it passed last year with the PO. Thing Im paranoid about is that it looks like the thermostat is stuck open because it typically runs a bit cold.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

LOL you crazy. But the nice crazy. The kind of crazy I like. <3

Sub'd

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Pretty sure new owner is a happy camper with the car as-is. Maybe he will update the thread. Hopefully he wont V8 swap it like he did his other E30 lol
          Don't tempt me.
          Cirriusly...
          We're in deep now boys
          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
          1988 340iL - Track car
          My M60 V8 swap thread here
          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
            Don't tempt me.
            Cirriusly...
            you should do something silly w/ it tbh

for us.
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

So....I'm way behind, Simon. Catch me up here.....

You didn't like the blue 4 door....so you bought a blue 4 door and started over.....

Did I miss something important?

Comment

I have not even driven my recent purchase home yet and you have half your build done! Rims look fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                  So....I'm way behind, Simon. Catch me up here.....

You didn't like the blue 4 door....so you bought a blue 4 door and started over.....

Did I miss something important?
                  Cirrus was and is a great car. My paint budget and 2.8 budget were gone so I shuffled the cards and got myself a new hand to play with.

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                  I have not even driven my recent purchase home yet and you have half your build done! Rims look fantastic.
                  Hardly! Suspension and wheels are always the first things to make the car mine. Then a timing belt so it doesnt blow up, especially if I dont know the history. I actually went longer on the unknown belt (cirrusly clue) than the known belt on this car, but thats because I couldnt play the ignorance card. I knew this belt was 8 years old...

This build is just getting started.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Well played. How many e30's have you owned? I am pondering a build car. I will put it in the craigslist post if you could give me your perspective on it I would appreciate it. I would have a partner.

Comment

Of course the listing is gone. Sorry disregard.

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                        Well played. How many e30's have you owned? I am pondering a build car. I will put it in the craigslist post if you could give me your perspective on it I would appreciate it. I would have a partner.
                        Thank you for asking on MY thread instead of the COTM thread.... not being sarcastic.

I actually bumped all of the threads of my previous E30s lol

Since this car hasnt officially earned its spot on the list, the order for the previous 3 is easy:

#1 Aluminum Monster
                        #2 Cirrusly Blue
                        #3 just another ES

If this car plays out how I want, it should be able to challenge the Aluminum Monster for the top spot, mostly because Im learning from the mistakes I made on that car. The Cirrus car was the one I had planned to make that attempt with, but I think this is a better starting point. That car would still be mine if the budget hadnt been blown on the "surprises" ... as long as this one doesnt give me any surprises I plan to keep it for a long time
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Sarcasm noted and well placed! Good to know you have had cars that are not properly represented in the sale.

Comment

Altitude Adjustment

As I subtly mentioned in the early posts, when I bought the car I already had my suspension pieces ready to go but there was some modifications that needed to be done to the strut housings. Struts are Koni Single Adjustables for the E30 so shortening the housings wasn’t in the cards.

I had a friend and local E30 enthusiast do the welding for me. Came out perfect

Assembled everything and compared the two once I got one side off. Even with regular strut caps still a nice amount of drop likely.

Once installed I took it out for a spin and absolutely love it. 440fr/600rr with the regular strut caps and the ride is great with wonderful stance. I haven’t adjusted the height yet and will likely twist me down a little more, but I will wait until it’s almost alignment time. I eyeballed my adjustments and it doesn’t pull in any direction right now so I’m really happy.

And now what you’ve been waiting for...

Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Looking good man. SSRs look legit with the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
                                Looking good man. SSRs look legit *ALWAYS* .
                                Fixed that for you. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X