My e30 Baur and others

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bam2002
    replied
    Yea I have seen that one. Re advertised in other places. Mine has about 140k.. and is a Maunual. Sorry I think thats a waste with an Auto.. Plus I only paid a little over 3 k for it.. I think I got a great deal, However it was not quite as advertised.. needed a bit of work.

    I have been in contact with the German Baur club and they stated that Baur would build the car any way the customer wanted. For example my 1600 has leather interior, even the door panels. VS the old 1600s and 2002 never had leather. So I am guessing that Baur offered an aftermarket catalog of Items. Zender body kits and BBS wheels were in the selection.

    B

    Leave a comment:


  • SchnellerVert
    replied
    Kinda funny isn't this the same one for sale in Cali for 12.5K? Edit nope wow two that look exactly alike except forthe third brake light. Chances of that happening very slim.

    Two Bronzit Baur's with BBS talk about freak.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwm3n528
    replied
    Cool deal. Might as well lose the bumpers all together on the AutoX car.

    Leave a comment:


  • bam2002
    replied
    The Baur was from Cali, but I guess it was in New Hampshire for a BMW show. So it could of been there. I picked it up near that area.

    The track car is a bit of a mix of cars. It was origianlly a ETA car, it has real M3 front fenders and the Korman glass rear ones. I have no clue what the rear spoiler is from, it came with the car. It has a IS engine in it now but its on its last leg. So I have a M50 engine and trans ready for it. Since I have only been using it for Autocrossing I never added the front spoiler since it only got in the way when loading the car on the trailer. Plus I dont think areodynamics really apply at 60 mph on an autocross. I trailer the car because it has Ireland engineering poly bushings, swaybars and solid mounts. So the ride is really harsh. But with R compound tires I regulary beat the e36 M3 times.

    B
    Last edited by bam2002; 02-06-2007, 09:27 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • KevRC4130
    replied
    Cool Baur, is that the one that was on Craigslist/Boston for quite some time?

    The race car looks awesome too, are those M3 fenders?

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    I love Baurs. They are so euro!

    Leave a comment:


  • euroshark
    replied
    Looks like M3 quarters on the track car... Very sweet!

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    i keep seeing those zender kits on the baurs...was it a factory option or something? there is as baur for sale in my area that is the same color and same kit, with similar wheels also...

    Leave a comment:


  • bam2002
    replied
    Baur

    The Baur has already been dropped, It has Bilstien Sports and Eibach (SP?) springs. I have no clue on the model of the body kit, it is a Zender?

    Yea I know the rear window is foggy, but I pretty much only drive the car when its nice enough to put the back part down. ( I live in FL ) So you cant see it when its dropped, at some point ill replace it. I currently have 2 other projects in front on fixing up the e30, and since the e30 is in OK condition im just going to drive it.

    My other projects are also Baurs. I have a 1969 Baur 1600 convertible.
    You can see it http://www.keeperofcars.com/ds.htm parked with my DS.
    This car started restoration 2 years ago , I dropped it off at a shop where they replaced both quarters , reskinned a door and put rear floors. Then they went out of business, So the car sits in my garage unfinished.

    I am working on a e 21 323 Baur now, I bought it on Ebay with a broken timing belt. Pulled the head to find 6 bent valves, it was cheaper for me to buy a 2nd engine than to buy the valves from BMW. So I am currenly rebuilding the engine and since the engine is out, I am repainting the engine compartment. I then am going to have the car repainted Inka Orange, replace the top and I have a perfect interior from a donor car to put in it. There is a photo on my main page of the car on the trailer when I was bringing it home.

    As for the track car, check out Plus ther are some other nice e30s shots
    (This site has photos of our Auto X events.)
    http://www.rpm-photography.com/Galle...album=9&page=4

    http://www.rpm-photography.com/Galle...lbum=19&page=2

    Plus info on my site at http://www.keeperofcars.com/e30.htm
    and http://www.keeperofcars.com/Ocala.htm

    I actually used the e30 Baur at the last autocross and beat all the other BMWs but one ProClass car ( was 3 groups higher in class.) That is why I bought the car so that I can autocross it , still have the chassis strength. VS a convertible and body flex. So I am planning on a M50 conversion for the track car, but you know how that goes.... I have all the parts, now I need to find the time. Maybe after the e21 Baur is done.

    B

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwm3n528
    replied
    More pictures of the track car, pleez.

    Are those M3 1/4s?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Love the Baur... from the base of the windows on down. Above that, hate it.

    Leave a comment:


  • chucko
    replied
    Originally posted by vlad
    that bauer is nice
    Agreed, this Baur looks good. I don't usually like these cars, but this one is interesting. I like the euro bumpers but I wonder why the sidemarker placement (federalization?). Is that a tech 1 kit? With a little work this could be a seriously nice E30.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30frosh
    replied
    Refresh the rear window on the baur...Sexy all the same tho!

    Leave a comment:


  • vlad
    replied
    that bauer is nice

    Leave a comment:


  • ZiMMie
    replied
    e30 baurs are Hot!
    all it need its some RS's and a drop.
    then ull be the pimp of ur city.

    Leave a comment:

Working...