No announcement yet.

I crashed my 345i (pictures inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redo it. do it do it. dont part it, dont give up. you came this far for something.

Comment

whoa whoa now don't part it out. you have so much into it and why give up now. look i did something similar to this just before winter to my car. my balls got too big for my own good and i ended up through a ditch with my right front in a tree. i had the same feelings...is this car too much, im way inexperienced, i got lucky thats all that happened,thanks god no one was with me,etc..... well i got it all professionally fixed and it sits as it is now. too be honest that could be fixed but you might be better off building on a new shell. find a clean straight shell. swap everything over and pant it if needed. your paint job came out awesome. don't beat yourself up about this too bad. things happen and all we can do in life is learn and make changes. also i recommend track days...possibly with instructors or a friend who has race experience. i wish the best for ya. i know exactly how it feels to see all your money and work all messed up.:puppy:

Originally posted by rwdrift
      Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
      - Erick

Comment

coming from a guy who in his infancy of driving destroyed 2 beautiful datsun 510s..(1 68 4 door l20b ,1 69 2 door sr-20 wow that was 9 years ago) You gotta get back out there unless driving isn't something u want to do , and hell if it isn't build a euro look e30..dumped on the ground super wide wheels..stretched tires.. believe me when u have 3500 dollar wheels the urge to pitch it sideways will diminish :)

Comment

Find a clean shell man. Thats really the best option you have. My brother has a similiar quarter panel damage and we were qouted at $2200 for paint and repair. Its going to be hard for you, unless you have a lot of body work experience, to bring that back to 100%.

Sorry about the car man but now is your time to learn and get something better. Next time just remember how much power you have and think of this before you blip the throttle going around a corner or something. Good luck!

Comment

I would suggest getting some estimates to just change the panel, and then you re-roller it yourself....just because you rollered the car doesn't mean you can't goto a body shop?

Comment

Shitload of bondo and a tow cable, you'll be good to go.

-Charlie
              Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
              '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
              FYYFF

Comment

its done. Swap parts into clean shell or part it. It sucks that it happened.
                PNW Crew
                90 m3
                06 m5

Comment

i'm with trent.
                  get a clip from a yard. bring it with you to a shop, get it put on. and go back and roll it.

Comment

For gods sake throw those FM901's out and get some real tires on there. I spin them all the way through second in the dry with a stock m20, and once sideways, they aren't very good.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I've seen much worse repaired on a frame rack in less than an hour. A good bodyman could get that straightened out.

Sorry man...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                        Hey man, we all make mistakes, so long as you learn from them, and the fact that you're okay is what counts...

Find a clean shell! Even if you did get a new quarter panel, rear parts, the c-pillar might be out of alignment...and hey, if you do get a nice shell with shitty paint, you know what to do!

And think of the upside, you didn't bend any of those sick wheels, your pricey spoiler is still intact...all the parts that aren't easily replaceable are still there! So when you do get a new shell it won't be hard to make it nice, just the tedious task of finding the right shell and the painting.

Hope whatever you do works well without too much headache, and take some classes or somewhere sanctioned so you can get a handle on that massively awesome motor.
                        What he said!

Good luck mate.

94 316i Touring M52B28
                        Made in Germany perfected in Britain!

Comment

That is all!
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Rigmaster
                          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Damn, that sucks :(

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                            Hey man, we all make mistakes, so long as you learn from them, and the fact that you're okay is what counts...

And think of the upside, you didn't bend any of those sick wheels, your pricey spoiler is still intact...all the parts that aren't easily replaceable are still there! So when you do get a new shell it won't be hard to make it nice, just the tedious task of finding the right shell and the painting.
                            And you still have arms and legs, I feel bad to say this, after all the hard labor that you put into your car, no trying to offend you or put you down, but:

It's only a car, you'll fix it or get another one, glad to know that you're in one piece.
                            Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                            BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                            BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                            BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

new shell.. it's possible to fix, just not worth it. you did that roller job pretty cheap and I know it was a lot of work, but maybe you can apply what you learned to make it even better.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Man, i'm sorry to hear that this happend. I could be fixed, but by a pro. Then you have to ask yourself how much money do you want to put into this car, and is it worth it in the end.

1992 BMW 325iC
                                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                                X