Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1500 convertible shell... what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiglaf
    replied
    you guys just don't get how awesome verts are

refer to sig for exhibit A.

i got a clean one that runs for $2600. paying $1500 for just a chassis seems kinda steep to me.

Leave a comment:

• Garageaholic
    replied
    I'm not doing a cabby, don't worry guys. spur of the moment thread. sorry

Leave a comment:

• s0urce
    replied
    I really don't know why you want a cab. IMO they are so bleh...and I've owned one. Going from a cab to a coupe was the best thing ever. I guarantee you'll miss the hardtop in no time.

Leave a comment:

• e30xcel
    replied
    go cabby man...I support you!

Leave a comment:

• mulishaflesh969
    replied
    Frank. I will give my first born for your motor if you ever want to let it go. and my legs, a man can always do good with an extra set of legs. haha

Leave a comment:

• sdcabrio
    replied
    Get the cab! Put a roll bar in it if your worried about rollin' over. Stiffen it up with the right suspension and you'll love it, especially with your powerplant.

I know there is flex and additional weight in the cab, but the way I see it is with the top down, other than the windshield, everything is below the belt line. My car feels flat & low on freeway ramps to me.

Leave a comment:

• E30 Reaktionär
    replied
    Since e30's are unibody's, Does anyone make frame connectors to stiffen the body up? And the conv. will have more flex over the coupe like stated before.

Leave a comment:

• AdironRider
    replied
    You guys sound like my mother. Are you going to ask if he has health insurance next?

Leave a comment:

• Garageaholic
    replied
    You guys are probably right...maybe I should think about a 2 door coupe.. That would probably be more logical.

Leave a comment:

• 2002maniac
    replied
    vert seems unsafe with that much power. What if you r3v it again and roll?

Leave a comment:

• backtrail69
    replied
    If you get the cabby definately have a cage fabbed up for it. I wouldnt have that kind of power with an open top with no cage.

Leave a comment:

• Garageaholic
    replied
    haha, i dont know.

Leave a comment:

• Joe318is
    replied
    better yet, why is this in the members rides section?

Leave a comment:

• AdironRider
    replied
    I know scotts getting out of the game, you should talk to him. Not sure if hes going to get completely out, or just store it, but its worth a shot. His cars relatively local, and most of the body work prep has been done. Havent seen the progress since the fall, but I think its at least primered.

And if this doesnt make you want a cab, Im not sure what will.
    http://www.e30tech.com/featured/chriscab/

Leave a comment:

• BimmerToad
    replied
    if you're going ahead with the M30 + turbo, I'd go for a shell that has a roof. Stiffer, lighter, and safer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X