New E30 Owner... after $4,500...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jackie
    replied
    PM sent.

    Thanks a lot! ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    He's actually working at Midas now and works with all different cars. I will PM you his contact info.

    Originally posted by Jackie
    Hi guys! I’m planning to buy an E30 soon. aworthbrother, that’s an excellent job. Rohan seems to be a great mechanic for that. Does he exclusively repair BMW vehicles? Or could also work with a Mercedes? I still have a Mercedes and planning to get some stuff done with it before I give it to my younger brother, especially with the Mercedes Benz Distributor Rotor and Brakes replacement. And of course, when I get the E30, I’d love to give it some cleaning, maybe a good mechanic could work it out with me. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Jackie
    replied
    Hi guys! I’m planning to buy an E30 soon. aworthbrother, that’s an excellent job. Rohan seems to be a great mechanic for that. Does he exclusively repair BMW vehicles? Or could also work with a Mercedes? I still have a Mercedes and planning to get some stuff done with it before I give it to my younger brother, especially with the Mercedes Benz Distributor Rotor and Brakes replacement. And of course, when I get the E30, I’d love to give it some cleaning, maybe a good mechanic could work it out with me. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    sorry i can't... have to work this sunday... you guys enjoy.

    Originally posted by sticksdaman
    u headin up to bear mtn?^

    Leave a comment:


  • sticksdaman
    replied
    u headin up to bear mtn?^

    Leave a comment:


  • bmws50b30
    replied
    Originally posted by aworthybrother
    Thanks for all your comment!

    - Thank you. I will follow your advice. it sounds good. another reason why i bought this is to save some money on the gas. My 2001 cherokee is like 16miles/gallon verus 25miles/gallon on the e30.


    - Thanks! I hope she will last for another 3-5 years (being driven on a daily basis) I hope. I have a feeling she will.

    - Thank you for your comment. There's just nothing much to expect csometic wise but who ever drives it will appreciate it.

    - I bought the car for $1,200. The total costs for the maintenance (parts & labor) is around $3,500. The other expenses that were not needed but good to have is the short shifter, car detailing, the rims and tires for replacing the old worn bottlecaps (i am selling it), and US ellipsoids. My idea is to have something that will drive me to work (80 miles/day) for the next couple of years. Hope the $$$ i spent will make the car last for 3-5 years. It has approximately 145,000 miles now.
    keep the bottlecaps and mount snow tires on them if you'll be driving the car year round.

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    Thanks!

    Originally posted by rThor432
    Check out S14.net for the springs. Sometimes they pop up for sale here too. You can get 60k-100k springs for about $100 shipped. That is the general going rate for them and the average range of miles on them.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by aworthybrother
    any specific year or part number for the M3 springs? im still confused if im getting a used M3 spring which is most probably old like what i have or get an H&R sport.
    Check out S14.net for the springs. Sometimes they pop up for sale here too. You can get 60k-100k springs for about $100 shipped. That is the general going rate for them and the average range of miles on them.

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    any specific year or part number for the M3 springs? im still confused if im getting a used M3 spring which is most probably old like what i have or get an H&R sport.

    Originally posted by rThor432
    There are about a thousand people that will probably tell you to slam the car to the ground on coilovers. Personally I drive my car off-road on occasion, so I wouldnt do that.

    If you dont mind the stock ride height, I'd say go with the H&R sport suspension. I know a few guys have it and it is great for street driving. The drop is about perfect in my opinion, and the handling is much better than stock.

    Heck really the stock M3 springs arent that bad for a slight drop and slight increase in performance.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by aworthybrother
    Thank you. WIll be doing it soon. Im starting to save the money for it.

    Any suggestions for the suspension?
    There are about a thousand people that will probably tell you to slam the car to the ground on coilovers. Personally I drive my car off-road on occasion, so I wouldnt do that.

    If you dont mind the stock ride height, I'd say go with the H&R sport suspension. I know a few guys have it and it is great for street driving. The drop is about perfect in my opinion, and the handling is much better than stock.

    Heck really the stock M3 springs arent that bad for a slight drop and slight increase in performance.

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    I agree, Rohan is awesome!

    Originally posted by dude8383
    Holy shit, so you went through Rohan?!

    Awesome man!

    I had him do a couple of odds and ends for me...basically shit that I just wouldn't stand to do myself.

    Car looks great, and I'm sure it will be tough as a tank!

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    Thanks, yes, thats Pelham Pkwy.

    Originally posted by sticksdaman
    yea that thing looks pretty clean and with the maintenance you put into it it should be on the road for ATLEAST another 100k miles

    also is that the pelham parkway area of the bronx by any chance?

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    Thank you! it wasnt really that clean when i first got it. Rohan did an excellent job in polishing and buffing her.

    Originally posted by rThor432
    Yeah it is. $1200 for such a clean car is awesome. And that was a good call putting the money into maintenance. That car will be a tank.

    I agree with Blunt, work on the suspension, steering, and brakes and you will have a blast in the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    Thank you. WIll be doing it soon. Im starting to save the money for it.

    Any suggestions for the suspension? I am not really looking forward on dropping the car. Stock height is fine with me considering how bumpy the road is in cross-bx. My shocks are completely shut together with the mounts. I am not sure how bad the springs are....but if i have to replace the springs, i would rather buy the H&R sport springs instead of paying for a brand new stock height, unless it is cheap... any suggestions?

    Originally posted by rThor432
    Yeah it is. $1200 for such a clean car is awesome. And that was a good call putting the money into maintenance. That car will be a tank.

    I agree with Blunt, work on the suspension, steering, and brakes and you will have a blast in the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon S
    fuck yeah

    that's totaly decent
    Yeah it is. $1200 for such a clean car is awesome. And that was a good call putting the money into maintenance. That car will be a tank.

    I agree with Blunt, work on the suspension, steering, and brakes and you will have a blast in the car.

    Leave a comment:

Working...