New E30 Owner... after $4,500...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dude8383
    replied
    Holy shit, so you went through Rohan?!

    Awesome man!

    I had him do a couple of odds and ends for me...basically shit that I just wouldn't stand to do myself.

    Car looks great, and I'm sure it will be tough as a tank!

    Leave a comment:


  • sticksdaman
    replied
    yea that thing looks pretty clean and with the maintenance you put into it it should be on the road for ATLEAST another 100k miles

    also is that the pelham parkway area of the bronx by any chance?

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon S
    replied
    Originally posted by aworthybrother
    - I bought the car for $1,200. The total costs for the maintenance (parts & labor) is around $3,500. The other expenses that were not needed but good to have is the short shifter, car detailing, the rims and tires for replacing the old worn bottlecaps (i am selling it), and US ellipsoids. My idea is to have something that will drive me to work (80 miles/day) for the next couple of years. Hope the $$$ i spent will make the car last for 3-5 years. It has approximately 145,000 miles now.
    fuck yeah

    that's totaly decent

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    Yeah, very nice car you have there!

    Originally posted by Super Sedan
    It seems that your car is my car's twin! Very nice cirrus.

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    Thanks for all your comment!

    dont sweat it man, that fucker will run forever now. if you run it thru the lindquist theory will will probably be at about 500 per year actual cost or less.
    i wouldnt try to make it fast because it will never be fast. make it handle and stop and it will be a great car. its more fun to go fast with less power because you really have to work the car. i have more fun in my 90hp 02 than my s52e30
    - Thank you. I will follow your advice. it sounds good. another reason why i bought this is to save some money on the gas. My 2001 cherokee is like 16miles/gallon verus 25miles/gallon on the e30.


    listen to old man blunt. if the car can serve you for the next 5 years or so than all your money spent is worth it. as long as ll you have to do from this day is just maintenance
    - Thanks! I hope she will last for another 3-5 years (being driven on a daily basis) I hope. I have a feeling she will.

    That's a pretty average cost around here, a car in that condition would probably be $5000 and up...
    - Thank you for your comment. There's just nothing much to expect csometic wise but who ever drives it will appreciate it.

    Was the price for teh car and the work?
    - I bought the car for $1,200. The total costs for the maintenance (parts & labor) is around $3,500. The other expenses that were not needed but good to have is the short shifter, car detailing, the rims and tires for replacing the old worn bottlecaps (i am selling it), and US ellipsoids. My idea is to have something that will drive me to work (80 miles/day) for the next couple of years. Hope the $$$ i spent will make the car last for 3-5 years. It has approximately 145,000 miles now.
    Last edited by aworthybrother; 07-11-2007, 05:04 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Super Sedan
    replied
    It seems that your car is my car's twin! Very nice cirrus.

    Leave a comment:


  • kylebes1
    replied
    Was the price for teh car and the work?

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    That's a pretty average cost around here, a car in that condition would probably be $5000 and up...

    Leave a comment:


  • bmws50b30
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    dont sweat it man, that fucker will run forever now. if you run it thru the lindquist theory will will probably be at about 500 per year actual cost or less.
    i wouldnt try to make it fast because it will never be fast. make it handle and stop and it will be a great car. its more fun to go fast with less power because you really have to work the car. i have more fun in my 90hp 02 than my s52e30
    listen to old man blunt. if the car can serve you for the next 5 years or so than all your money spent is worth it. as long as ll you have to do from this day is just maintenance

    Leave a comment:


  • Jonathan M3
    replied
    If it makes you feel any better, I paid $500 more than that for my '87 eta 4dr.






    Although, that was in 1997...

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by aworthybrother
    I had a feeling somebody will tell me this...
    dont sweat it man, that fucker will run forever now. if you run it thru the lindquist theory will will probably be at about 500 per year actual cost or less.
    i wouldnt try to make it fast because it will never be fast. make it handle and stop and it will be a great car. its more fun to go fast with less power because you really have to work the car. i have more fun in my 90hp 02 than my s52e30

    Leave a comment:


  • aworthybrother
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    I like the color, number of doors, and the fact that it is an eta (I miss my 4-door eta), but I have to agree with Josh on this one. That is a ton of money to be spent on an early model, especially an eta.

    Looks to be a perfect daily especially with the recent maintenance. Enjoy it.
    I had a feeling somebody will tell me this...

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    Oh yeah, nice car! I got love for the 4-doors like never before!

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    I raped someone earlier this year. Boy did it feel good :)

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    Damn. I'm sorry to say it, but you got RAPED. Especially with the body damage that it has.

    Alas, welcome to R3V. Glad to have you aboard.
    I like the color, number of doors, and the fact that it is an eta (I miss my 4-door eta), but I have to agree with Josh on this one. That is a ton of money to be spent on an early model, especially an eta.

    Looks to be a perfect daily especially with the recent maintenance. Enjoy it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...