No announcement yet.

Finally back into an e30: ‘88 Alpine on Blue 325ic cruiser build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have insight into if I can order new pin stripping? I'm looking to get an IS trunklid and I want to be prepared if it doesn't come with pins.

Comment

First two mods are done. Wind deflector just arrived from Germany and rear head rest kit.

Lots of other stuff coming this way. Have LOTS of work to do.

Comment

The piece I was most excited about arrived. Alpina steering wheel with Momo hub. Can’t wait to get this on.

Comment

So here we go...so far the items that have been ordered (some arrive, some not).

Gargastic Front Subframe
          Gargastic trailing arms
          Plate Filler
          Stainless brake lines
          Rear wheel bearings
          Diff cover bushing
          Fuel Filler hose
          Engine Mounts
          HR Sport springs
          Bilstein shocks
          Trans mounts
          Transmission seal
          Selector shaft seal
          Lock plate
          Short shifter kit - 1.9 Z3 lever
          Valve cover gasket
          Strut mounts
          Rear shock mounts
          Coil spring shims
          Antenna gasket
          Sparco strut bar
          Genuine Alpina Valve Cover
          Front controls arms
          Tie rods
          Rear subframe bushings
          Rear trailing arm bushings
          IS front valance
          Alpina steering wheel w/ Momo adapter
          Alpina shift knob
          Alpina cloth shift and parking brake boots
          Kopi’s wheels
          Nitto Gen’s
          Mtech 1 rear spoiler

Others to come...

New convertible top
          Exhaust system
          Radio
          IS trunklid

What am I missing?

Comment

RHD ITB kit. :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

Will the ITB’s do anything on a stock motor? I wanted to do a stroker but I’m convincing myself to do a turbo’d car. ITB’s and Turbo’d?

Comment

Okay fuck it....just ordered

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post

Will the ITB’s do anything on a stock motor? I wanted to do a stroker but I’m convincing myself to do a turbo’d car. ITB’s and Turbo’d?
                  yeah, of course it's better modded - but on their site it showed something like a 25whp gain which is impressive for a totally stock motor. I've been really thinking of it myself, I already have everything else needed to make it work.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

yeah, of course it's better modded - but on their site it showed something like a 25whp gain which is impressive for a totally stock motor. I've been really thinking of it myself, I already have everything else needed to make it work.
                    Well it’s heading this way. Whats everything else that you’ve got to make it work?

Comment

Nice we are going to have twins. I also have an alpine white vert with kopi's
                      Originally posted by blunttech
                      Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                      :shock:

Comment

Well it’s heading this way. Whats everything else that you’ve got to make it work?
                        Well having a tuneable DME is pretty helpful. I've had a Megasquirt 3 standalone since they first came out. But there are tons more PnP options now than there were available back then (like 2010/2011).
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well having a tuneable DME is pretty helpful. I've had a Megasquirt 3 standalone since they first came out. But there are tons more PnP options now than there were available back then (like 2010/2011).
                          Yeah man, its outrageous. Haltec, ECUMaster Classic, MSPNP, VEMS, KData (this one was recommended by a tuner that does a lot of Blunt because its an open MS)....so many options and opinions that it looks like the "easiest" is just to go with the MSPNP. I want PNP and don't want to do much wiring.

No fuckin idea which one to get but better figure it out cause ITB's shipped already :)

Comment

my thoughts;
                            - PNP is the go so you use the factory harness and
                            - the ecu with the best local support for tuners, no use getting an ECU if nobody to support it if you have issues.
                            - the other consideration is running alpha-N some have better control over the TPS calibrations than others and you need to have customisable load sites and have a whole bunch at low throttle so the number of load sites is more important than other setups
                            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Yeah man, its outrageous. Haltec, ECUMaster Classic, MSPNP, VEMS, KData (this one was recommended by a tuner that does a lot of Blunt because its an open MS)....so many options and opinions that it looks like the "easiest" is just to go with the MSPNP. I want PNP and don't want to do much wiring.

No fuckin idea which one to get but better figure it out cause ITB's shipped already :)
                              I'd go MSPNP, because the community support is much wider.

I haven't touched my MS3 tune since 2012. I'd probably have to update the firmware to even look at it again, lol. That and finally replace my O2 sensor..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                                my thoughts;
                                - PNP is the go so you use the factory harness and
                                - the ecu with the best local support for tuners, no use getting an ECU if nobody to support it if you have issues.
                                - the other consideration is running alpha-N some have better control over the TPS calibrations than others and you need to have customisable load sites and have a whole bunch at low throttle so the number of load sites is more important than other setups
                                I reached out to the local tuner and appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X