Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastrcruse
    replied
    All things are falling into place :) and now I’m officially excited.

Car gets picked up this Friday from Ohio and should be in Texas by next Tuesday at the latest.

Parts on order...
    Rear head rests w/ install kit
    HR Sport Springs
    Bil Shocks
    New front strut mounts
    Spring shims for front and rear (refresh em’ since I’ll be in there)
    Rear filler plate
    Rear Shocks mounts from e46m3
    17x7.5 Kopi’s et20

That’ll give me a good start to a nice cruiser setup.

**I’ve tried to find the center emblem size for the kopis but having a hard time. Anyone know off hand?

**Short shift kits: Should i go straight for the UUC evo3 w/ DSSR? I’ve seen the Z3 1.9 shift kit but don’t want to bend..I believe I went with something I didn’t have to bend on the last vert but can’t find what I did.

***215/40/17 the best size to go with on the kopis?
    Last edited by Mastrcruse; 09-24-2019, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    The other big change is the availability of standalone engine management. I'm still finishing my DIY MegaSquirt kit, but there is a ton of knowledge and engine maps available. IMO, the biggest hurdle with engine mods has always been the tuning. At this point pretty much every combination has been done, so its just researching, picking what you want, and follow the documented recipe.

Leave a comment:

• digger
    replied
    the cliffs:
    - e30 are outrageously expensive;
    - some key parts are NLA;
    - e30 owners still have poor taste in wheels; and
    - swaps seem to be more popular as the costs are more justifiable.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    I can't imagine anything less fun than a rusty E36 wagon with a diesel...
    316g. Or was it a 318g?

Leave a comment:

• laidback93
    commented on 's reply
    That's the approach I took with my e30. OEM+. All the usual upgrades such as the HR springs, Bilstein shocks. Z3 steering rack, short shifter. You know the deal. Old as time. The only thing not stock in appearance are my Ronal LS, but those feel OEM+ to me anyways.

• laidback93
    commented on 's reply
    Ehhh I'm more of a Hypebeast than a hipster. Bring on the retro Jordans, Off White and Supreme!

Just kidding on the Supreme. Like I can even find that or afford it.

• nando
    replied
    I can't imagine anything less fun than a rusty E36 wagon with a diesel...

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Leave the E30 alone, import an E36 touring and mod that car.

But really, with just about every possible E30 having been imported or modified in the US, the only way to stand out a bit is to be on the cutting edge of newly available old cars. In this scenario, the E36 touring is the current best bet, and you can have it with a diesel.

Leave a comment:

• Mastrcruse
    replied
    Originally posted by agent View Post
    Then don't tuck the bumpers.
    I’ve always wanted euro bumpers so I may do that eventually.

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
    I'd rather keep it classic and non-douchey
    Then don't tuck the bumpers.

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    It's not even that I don't like a widebody, it's that the widebodies being done are shit. I don't think anything Rocket Bunny has ever made has been good, and I can't wait to see that company, and any related car scene trends, disappear.

Leave a comment:

• CMBusch
    replied
    Exactly. Instagram ruined the car scene. There I said it. #FUCKR3V dude

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    It's funny because the exterior of my car is basically 99% stock. And that part about it never passes as a fad (widebody) or gets old..

Leave a comment:

• e30davie
    replied
    You build the car like you want, unless you want instagram likes, then you build it like others want.

Leave a comment:

• CMBusch
    replied
    Yeah OEM+ is, and always has been, the way to go it seems. Like aftermarket parts are all well and good but I do prefer the exterior to look clean, simple, and OEM+. The crazy builds are cool but I'm glad to see the widebody craze pass over us mostly. An M20 has it's merits but I do love my 24V swap. To each their own. I hope to own an M20 car some day as well as a K-swapped E30. Its all relative to the car and what you've already done/have. I would say keep it OEM+, maybe mess with the M20 a little, and enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X