• Show
Clear All

• Northern
    replied
    I really like that Teflon tape idea

Leave a comment:

• dadsbmw
    replied
    Oh cool, I've been considering this with the Garagistic sale. This review may put me over the edge...

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    More mini updates- I've been pretty loyal to condor for the majority of my brake and suspension parts as I like their parts and service, but garagistics had their 22mm front sway bar on sale for $100 and a local buddy of mine was planning to order one, so I had him throw a second on his order.

Untitled by Tyeler Andersen, on Flickr

This actually made a world of difference in the driveability of the car. It's always been tail happy and I didn't want to kill that off completely, which this didn't. It made the car very controllable on corner exit. I can actually lay the car into a nice and smooth corner exit skid without it trying to get away from me now. I'll leave it how it is for the next track day and reassess whether I want to add/remove rear sway, but on the street it feels great as is. Tip for guys like me that live in the dusty desert and get tired of having to grease your bars- teflon tape around the bar where the bushings ride lasts way longer than lithium grease and it wont attract dirt which seems to be the leading killer for bushings in my cars. Nice and quiet for a long time!

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    Tried to tone down the exhaust a bit and failed Ordered 2 dynomax mini mufflers in hopes of just bringing down the decibels a bit without wrecking the sound of the car. I don't think it made it any quieter at all, but we'll see how it works under a load too. I also installed 2 more v-bands and flex pipes. Ive been meaning to do this since I built the exhaust and never got around to it. Trying to install the full exhaust as one piece is quite the chore and the flex pipes help line up at the heads as they did warp a little from welding and just heat in general.

Also built some tips

Just kidding, not those. This should help keep the soot off my bumper now. My buddy said it pops a pretty good flame out the back on high RPM decel so maybe this will keep the car from lighting on fire too.

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    Hello fellow Phoenician!
    Hello!

Small upgrade over the weekend was replacing my 28lb stock LS1 injectors with some 42lb injectors. These are factory Grand prix GTP injectors that companies such as FAST sell as "upgraded". Found a guy selling a set of 8 from some wrecked GTP's and grabbed them. Will be perfect for the future cam swap and should be just enough for flex fuel!

It's oil change time for the year for part of my fleet. Sadly half of this goes in the E30 and my montero alone as both hold 8qts of oil. I'm not an amsoil purist, but i am a dealer which gets me the same cost per quart as going and buying off the shelf castrol from walmart so I generally use this in everything. Dominator oil for track days, everything else usually gets XL and a 6 month- yearly oil change. There's enough here for 4 of my 12 vehicles...lol

Track day next saturday, hoping to have everything ready to go by then!

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Hello fellow Phoenician!

Leave a comment:

• CubbyChowder
    replied
    Hell yeah!

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    Tires are in! Wheels are on! A couple pictures of the test fit went well. After lots of measuring, research and going back and forth on what I wanted to do I finally pulled the trigger on a set of custom forgestar F14's. I've seen one e30 with these and theyre on Vincent wong's, the owner of iForged wheels dakar yellow E30 M3. I use this same wheel on my C5, theyre light, nice looking, and most important- built to fit. I ordered them in 17x9 +26 square and the fitment is spot on with the offset changes due to the 5 lug swap. Shout out to modbargains too for these, the only dealer to actually get the ball rolling on my order and the quoted 8-10
    week build time turned into 4 weeks on the dot!

A +30 square would've probably put me as dangerously close to suspension components front/rear as I'd feel comfortable with, but this gave me a little wiggle room without the need for spacers at all. These make my 330I brakes look small now too.

For tires I went with hankook RS4's this time. The amount of miles I put on this car heat cycles the A052's out quickly, so the RS4's will sacrifice a little grip for longevity.

Have a few more mods along the way here and I should be set to just work on dialing in the suspension and driver mod full time.
    Last edited by tyeler18; 04-29-2021, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
    Really enjoyed reading through this thread while drinking my coffee this morning, love all the work you've put into it. That track looks so fun!
    Thank you! The track is an awesome test track, more so a full size autox course. It looks like they're finishing the expansion into a near 3 mile road course though, I'm excited to try it out.

Leave a comment:

• CubbyChowder
    replied
    Really enjoyed reading through this thread while drinking my coffee this morning, love all the work you've put into it. That track looks so fun!

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    Originally posted by paynemw View Post

Can you take a close up picture of the hub nut & the threads... Just being anal.
    It’s all assembled and I don’t have plans to take it apart anytime soon. They have a few pictures on their ad though

irp,individual racing parts,irp parts,irp racing parts,drift racing parts,drift kit,irp short shifter,tuning parts,performance parts,drift suspension

Leave a comment:

• paynemw
    replied
    Originally posted by tyeler18 View Post
    Can you take a close up picture of the hub nut & the threads... Just being anal.

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    Originally posted by paynemw View Post

If I'm digesting this correctly, You are using a sleeve to obtain a larger axle diameter on the stock e30 spindle, but what brand are you using and what hub are you using?

And you are using BMW e46 330i front calipers, but what rotors?

I asking for details, because I've always been interested in this and want to grow the knowledge base as much as possible. Thanks for the help in advance.
    The front are IRP brand sleeves that utilize e36/e46 factory hubs with e36/e46 (non M) caliper adapters. Fronts are 330I calipers and 330I rotors. The 330I rear rotors dont allow easy use of the parking brake as the drum is quite a bit bigger, so the rears are just SRS concept caliper adapters with E46 328/325I calipers and 328/325I rotors. Rear flanges are Z4 flanges. Actually a super easy conversion. The rear brake lines were a little goofy to figure out what I needed, but after searching it seemed most people use front e30 hoses on the rear to get the proper fitment. Condor was kind enough to send me 4x front e30 braided hoses so I have front hoses on both ends of the car and worked out great.

Fedex notified me my wheels are at my doorstep today, 5 weeks earlier than I was quoted for build time so I should have pictures this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• paynemw
    replied
    Originally posted by tyeler18 View Post
    To stay with e30 geometry IRP front 5 lug sleeves were ordered. DriftHQ sent e38 brembo adapters at first so I had to wait for e46 adapters to ship from lithuania.

Ran to the yard and grabbed 330I front calipers, 328I rears, and in a very lazy fashion added some color to them. I didn't spend much time since caliper paint doesn't last much longer than a 20 minute HPDE session anyways, but I felt good about how they turned out for now.

Rears are SRS concept adapters with Z4 hubs and condor let me order 4x e30 front brake hoses to do all 4 caliper hoses since the e46 caliper in the rear needs a longer hose. These worked perfect. Motorsports hardware 78mm stud kit to finish it all off.
    If I'm digesting this correctly, You are using a sleeve to obtain a larger axle diameter on the stock e30 spindle, but what brand are you using and what hub are you using?

And you are using BMW e46 330i front calipers, but what rotors?

I asking for details, because I've always been interested in this and want to grow the knowledge base as much as possible. Thanks for the help in advance.

Leave a comment:

• tyeler18
    replied
    Long time no update. Haven't driven the car in almost 2 months. I decided to pursue wider wheels a few months back and in the process wanted to go to 17's or 18's to improve the 245 tire options and cost since 16's are the oddball for 245's. Had a buddy buy my XXR's and I stuck my basket weaves back on to find one of my 2008 Date code tires had completely separated. Not wanting to spend money on new 195 tires (which are scary to drive with on this) I parked the car and started looking for wheels. 17x9 4x100 e30 offset wheels are quite the pain to find. I wanted to avoid spacers, and I didn't want to spend $2500+ on custom wheels. I finally decided to spend more going 5 lug and ordering custom 5 lug wheels instead

To stay with e30 geometry IRP front 5 lug sleeves were ordered. DriftHQ sent e38 brembo adapters at first so I had to wait for e46 adapters to ship from lithuania.

These look better

Ran to the yard and grabbed 330I front calipers, 328I rears, and in a very lazy fashion added some color to them. I didn't spend much time since caliper paint doesn't last much longer than a 20 minute HPDE session anyways, but I felt good about how they turned out for now.

Rears are SRS concept adapters with Z4 hubs and condor let me order 4x e30 front brake hoses to do all 4 caliper hoses since the e46 caliper in the rear needs a longer hose. These worked perfect. Motorsports hardware 78mm stud kit to finish it all off.

Swap went smooth other than one rear bearing fighting to come out. Had to weld the hub to the bearing and slide hammer it off after destroying the bearing cage trying to remove it. The rest came apart fine.

Z26 stoptech pads for now. Anything is better than the pads that were on the car so we'll see if these perform on the e30 as good as they do on my DSM's. I'll do a track day or 2 on them if they last and then switch out to PFC08's or similar for track pads. Wheels should be here end of may hopefully, I'm impatiently waiting for them to be built and I'd really like to drive the car again. I have an electronic booster at the house that I'm going to try and swap out with the hydroboost to hopefully eliminate the complexity of the hydroboost while I'm waiting for wheels. Wish I had dropped the car off for paint before immobilizing it but I didn't want to be 5 lug swapping next month when its 120F outside. More updates to come!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X