• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced the speedometer connector

All ready!

Bleeded the brake system and now its finally ready

Bought these Style 32 17" staggered 17x8" and 17x9"

Now its ready

Its very nice to drive the car, its just perfect!!

BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
    www.e30.is

Comment

Very complementary choice of styling, ties together quite well. Makes me want another E30!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

wow mazi! you came out in very good style !

Car looks amazing , and yeah .. i have kw v1's too, but for normal e30 .. 2 months after i got mine they released the m3 ones ! i wish i could have gone that route but w/e

hope you enjoying the car ! It looks amazing even tho i'm not big fan of 17" wheels on the e30 !

Comment

some photos from summer 2022

​

​
          BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
          www.e30.is

Comment

I used the car a lot last summer (2022)

took him on a car show and added aluminum splitter on the ISlip

More pics from summer 2022

then in August 2022 the engine had a heart attack

engine out

Time to tear it apart

Valve failure

​
            BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
            www.e30.is

Comment

Since the engine is out i decided to reinforce the front subframe

Paint it

Ready

i checked the bearing and they looked very good so im not going to do anything about them

Some new parts

that thing was leaking so i bought a new one

New vs old

Cleaned the engine and its ready for head assembly

Head is back from the machine shop

time for assembly

Bought Getrag 260 gearbox

New homemade by friend gearbox crossmember

Chip with some pops and bangs

Finally back on the road and everything seems to be working fine :)

​
              BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
              www.e30.is

Comment

New blowermotor and new resistor also,, (dont have a picture of the resistor)

Cleaned the car completeley before it goes in the garafe for winter storage

No rust :)

There are few things that im going to fix that winter,, like the alternator died etc...​
                BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
                www.e30.is

Comment

Great update, sorry to hear about the valve dropped. Motor refresh looks amazing! Are you going to get a rebuilt alt or put in a new regulator?
                  OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
                  84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

Originally posted by ZEKTI View Post
                    Great update, sorry to hear about the valve dropped. Motor refresh looks amazing! Are you going to get a rebuilt alt or put in a new regulator?
                    I ended up taking the alternator to a rebuild shop, im waiting for a phonecall when i can pick it up :)

they are going to fully rebuild it
                    BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
                    www.e30.is

Comment

I have been looking and looking for a rear shelf with an original curtain, it has been incredibly difficult to find one

finally found an e30 shelf with a curtain on ebay that was blue and paid a lot for it shipped to Iceland (the color doesn't matter because I dye it)​

but then the shelf came and then I got a bit of a shock... here is the shelf from my car

This shelf I bought is indeed an e30 shelf but comes from a car I would call pre-pre facelift rather than pre-facelift
                      comes from a 1983 car that has early factory e30's and those cars are a little different in many ways than the 86' and up
                      the rear seatbelts in the example are completely different, which means that this shelf does not fit well in my car :|​

the curtain roller itself is the same in every e30 no matter what year it is.
                      I decided to take a chance and try to fix it somehow because I couldn't return this expensive shelf, so I shredded this curtain shelf and tore the curtain roller out of it​

the curtain roll on its place

Cut the blue fabric that was over the roll and test fit it

fits ok

Cutted the fabric off my shelf

Time to dye it

I also added a little color on the shelf so that it would go well together

Glued the fabric

Ready

​​
                      BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
                      www.e30.is

Comment

The trunk seal and trunk trim is very old and bad

New trim and seal

There was a little surface rust on the edge where the seal sits so i fixed that of course first

Ready for primer

And finished with new trim and seal

I decided to try these MHW look lights from Garagistic

New lights = new bulbs

These lights are supposed to be similar to MHW lights according to Garagistic
                        but in my opinion are not similar enough so I decided to do a little experiment to make them look more like authentic MHW lights and I think it just worked out pretty well,, at least they look better now i think

I'm happy about it until I'll find a real MHW set one day 😊

​​
                        Last edited by Mazi!; 11-26-2023, 07:33 AM.
                        BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
                        www.e30.is

Comment

What did you use to dye the shelf lid. And how would you say it came out? Seen some done but they're kinda crusty and want to avoid that.

me and the gf did a winter trip to iceland last year. Absolutely loved it. Cannot wait to go back one day!
                          89 325i 4dr s52
                          02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                          21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                            What did you use to dye the shelf lid. And how would you say it came out? Seen some done but they're kinda crusty and want to avoid that.

me and the gf did a winter trip to iceland last year. Absolutely loved it. Cannot wait to go back one day!
                            I used vinyl paint from "Motip" it's definitely a little bit more crusty than original but looks good :)

yes is very cold here over here specially in the winters! if you guys ever come back to Iceland please PM me and i'll show you many beautiful places in iceland! its very nice to travel here in the summer!

​
                            BMW E30 M3 - S50B32
                            www.e30.is

Comment

Solid work on it! Those tail lights came out really well.
                              OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
                              84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

Originally posted by Mazi! View Post

I used vinyl paint from "Motip" it's definitely a little bit more crusty than original but looks good :)

yes is very cold here over here specially in the winters! if you guys ever come back to Iceland please PM me and i'll show you many beautiful places in iceland! its very nice to travel here in the summer!

​
                                thank you, i honestly can't wait to go back! The guide I had on the ice-cave tour said he photographs drift events there - he showed me a few pictures, i was pleasantly surprised to see quite a few bmw's!!
                                89 325i 4dr s52
                                02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                                21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Working...
                                X